Skyjester

Griploops for Comp. Discipline

This grip modification: semi stretch loops or sleeves fixed at the right position save muscle power and gives freedom for docking and baton passing . . .

I have done that to some birds at my DZ and they all are very happy :) I´m just a nice guy B|
don´t pester the jester . . or better: WHY SO SERIOUS ? ?

www.pralle-zeiten.de

I jumped a (borrowed) S3 about a year ago, which had the same style loops on the armgrippers.
I ductaped them onto the wing after a few jumps, to render them useless, as the loop around my hand made the wing get in the way at pulltime.
I already had around 300 wingsuitjumps, without ever really experiencing that, so suddenly having a handfull of nylon on a dozen or so jumps during pulltime scared me.

Is the pull still problemfree with this setup? Especialy with the bigger wings I think it could be a potentialy scary thing?

Just letting a gripper go for a second, or even flying without holding at all, in the less performance driven flying speeds used for docking/creative flying, doesnt seem to affect my flight all that much?

And on a sidenote..any chance at seeing a skyjester team at the wingsuitcomp in april?;)

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

We fly it (loops) on S3S, Firebird, S6, Blade.
We fly the loops with the back of the hands facing into flight direction and it works always perfect on 120 jumps, yet. Even less material, because it is forced to stay outside my hands.
Once I have had the hands the other way around (palm of the hand facing flight direction) and have had the problem you described (material in the way).
You´re right in docking and passing over you need less performance, but I enjoy to have the potential every part of a second.
It just feels more comfortable . . .

Yes, there is a big chance to see us there. We just have to check the regulations and compare it to our skills. We´re not that good in acrobatics, so maybe we´re not back from South- Africa than :) . . . as an example for an excuse :P
At least, we will give you an invitation for the 4th SkyJester´s WoM personally than, is there a chance to see you in Marl? :)
P.S. I like your flight manuals!

www.pralle-zeiten.de

Nice white guys- I like Mr. B very much :)
Hopefully we can use a rope to find each other after round 5 :P

How many points are necessary to get STROOPWAFFLES???

We'll work on a flowing supply of Stroopwafels for everyone during the contest;)

We havent tried round 5 yet ourselves, so no clue how that one will go.
In our training/practice so far, round 1,2,3,4 went quite nice....points getting less with each round (which means our idea behind increasing difficulty per round works)

But we wont mention our training scores of course to keep everyone guessing..hehe;)

I wanted to attend Wings over Marl last year already, but I had some scedule problems (the 'sceduled amount of money' wasnt in my wallet anymore when the contest finaly was there:P)
Im definately flopping by for a visit this coming year if I can make it!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Jester, where can we buy some SkyJester Joy Sticks? Selling 'em on Ebay or anything like that? We want to buy a few.

That´s nice.
You can try to get contact to
www.fallschirmsport-marl.de
...but wait some days, than they will be able to send them.
If not, please come back to me

www.pralle-zeiten.de

Jester, what exactly are the balls on the end for?

1. A JesterStick must look funny :)
2. Girls like balls :$

3. In this strong wind it helps not to slip away :o

4. If you got it in your right hand at pull time, you can keep the ball between your fingers, don´t loose the stick and you´ll still be able to pull B|

www.pralle-zeiten.de

Truthfully, I have never felt the need to maintain my grippers in my hands when taking docks. Sometimes I drop both grippers and sometimes only the one on the side that I am taking the grip. If your suit has proper inflation, then the grippers will stay right there and not flap at all. If your suit sucks, then well, you probably ought to switch to one that doesn't suffer from that. My S6 Does not flap at all, nor does my SM1.

Chuck

If your suit has proper inflation, then the grippers will stay right there and not flap at all.
Chuck

I personaly also dont think Id need anything to hold the grippers tight, but I do have to disagree with the suitdesign being the culprit one in terms of flapping.

Ive seen people who can get any suit (arm or legwing) to flap, no matter if its Classic, Phantom, S6 or Mach1. The way people position their arms/legs definately influences the inflation of a suit, outside of how well or poor the inflation of the suit is by design.

I was hoping to jump an ankle brace/gripper Ive made past weekend (for ankle docks, as I nearly took some shoes off last time we did those) but sadly the weather didnt cooperate.
I'll see if I can snap some pics later this week.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Ive seen people who can get any suit (arm or legwing) to flap, no matter if its Classic, Phantom, S6 or Mach1. The way people position their arms/legs definately influences the inflation of a suit, outside of how well or poor the inflation of the suit is by design.

You are correct. There are PLENTY of shitty wingsuiters out there who have no business flying suits as big as they do. :ph34r:

We fly it (loops) on S3S, Firebird, S6, Blade.
We fly the loops with the back of the hands facing into flight direction and it works always perfect on 120 jumps, yet. Even less material, because it is forced to stay outside my hands.
Once I have had the hands the other way around (palm of the hand facing flight direction) and have had the problem you described (material in the way).

It just feels more comfortable . . .

www.pralle-zeiten.de

There are PLENTY of shitty wingsuiters out there who have no business flying suits as big as they do.

Ha Ha :D He He :ph34r: I must be a lucky one! I never meet a "shitty wingsuiter", I just meet wingsuiters with more or less experience, they try their best and I respect them all . . .

www.pralle-zeiten.de

Yeah the Jester stick sounds like fun!

A cool dive could be:

2way. Both start flat. Jumper A holds stick in Rt hand. Jumper B flies up and grabs stick with Lt hand. Time starts! B then rolls on back and flies under A to other side and hands off to A's left hand. Then A rolls over on back and flies under B to other side and hands off to B’s Rt hand. Both are back flying now. Then B rolls over flat and flies over A to other side and hands off to A’s Rt hand. Then A rolls over and flies over B to hand off to B’s Lt hand. Time stops.

or

Repeat sequence as time allows!