Hagen

Two stupid question to women experienced in wingsuit flying:)

smiler , I'm adult girl, so I'm not trying to overcome limits;) but I have big plans for the next season, and now I know what kind of jumps I'm going to make nearest time (that is tracking:D of course, with an instrictor, not just myself:P)

by the way, it is possible that I'll be able to do this earlier than the next summer - somewhere in worm countries...

what I want to say is thank you for your care, but I'm going to be very careful in this adventure;)

Also please remember that 200 jumps is the abslute minimum for jumping a WS, it doesn't mean that you WILL be ready at 200, it means that current, skilled jumpers MAY be ok at 200.

If you've done 110 jumps in 3 years as per your profile then why not wait a little longer rather than rushing to do it as soon as you hit the magic 200?

I've see this kind of advise repeated ad nauseam on these forums. Nothing wrong with that.

I would like to see advise on what a newbie can do proactively to work towards learning the skills needed to jump a wingsuit.

Maybe even make it a sticky in this forum. Any wingsuit instructors up for that job?

Kris.

I know there have been posts like that before, I think I posted some or a link before.... So a search should net you some prep dives and other prerequisites and nice-to-have-dones (personally, I don't get the tracking dives, wouldn't ask it from my students either). i'm too lazy to go search right now ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I would like to see advise on what a newbie can do proactively to work towards learning the skills needed to jump a wingsuit.

Maybe even make it a sticky in this forum. Any wingsuit instructors up for that job?

I've found that if people do ask what they can do they often do get very good advice. I asked here a couple of years ago and got some excellent advice from Ed.

Problem with making something a sticky though is that it seems that beyond one or two specific drill dives there does not seem to be any kind of consensus on what makes the best prep for wingsuits. That's why people are always talking about it;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Kris.

If you check the 'sticky' thread in the WS forum, this information (though short) is there already..

And personaly, Id rather see someone who has been jumping with others. Be it RW, Freeflying etc. That person knows what's happening in terms of movement relative to others. And that person is much more likely to have played around on his back/belly and experienced some (group) messed up exits and the subsequent recovery...

People just doing 100 solo trackingjumps can be quite clueless as to how fast, far, forward/sideways they are moving.

Its cool that people want to work on their performance by doing trackingdives.
But the first wingsuit jumps are NOT about performance..they are about safely learning to make the jumps. And recover when unstable. And fly relative to an instructor for any coaching dives that may follow after that..

Just going out in skydiving, and focussing on freeflying or RW will (in my view) give someone a much more solid basis to learn to fly a wingsuit.

Doing that, maybe combined with some tracking (which you should be doing at the end of every jump with other people anyways) is, in my view, the best basis someone could have..

Most of the other drill-dives people come up with (to me) seem more like a thing to keep people busy and give em 'the feeling they are sort of flying a wingsuit', then that its actually something that will really make any huge difference to how they fly..

The 1st flight instruction on an FJC should contain all the information someone needs to fly a wingsuit safely. And performance comes after that...and at around 200 jumps, there is hardly the experience (in any previous dicipline) that will give someone bad habbits that cant we whipped out of their arse in one or two wingsuit jumps..;)

Or the short version...just go out and have fun!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

People just doing 100 solo trackingjumps can be quite clueless as to how fast, far, forward/sideways they are moving.

What about people doing group tracking jumps? (I ask because almost all of my jumps are either solo or group tracking jumps.)
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

What about people doing group tracking jumps? (I ask because almost all of my jumps are either solo or group tracking jumps.)

I definately think tracking is good practice..especialy group jumps...
But trying some other diciplines, be it freefly or rw, definately never hurt anyone..
Each one will teach you certain aspects that will come in handy in some form lateron..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I doubt your "ladyflier" will outfly your Mach 1. If you're building suits with less performance for women who have equal experience and physical capability, then I think thats condecending.

t

Sara Bratcher flies a "Mach1 lady flier", pict below, the lady flier is not a suit. It is the body cut and is avail. in every model Aerobat-Super Mach1
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

Tony is also introducing another special 'cut' option soon, available on all current suits:

It will be all latex, have lots of drag-inducing pink ribbons all over the suit, tight fitting crotch, inflatable boobies, and will be aimed at a small but dominantly present group of male flyers who prefer purple and pink wingsuits...

The "Drag Queen" can be ordered starting next month..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

It will be all latex, have lots of drag-inducing pink ribbons all over the suit, tight fitting crotch, inflatable boobies, and will be aimed at a small but dominantly present group of male flyers who prefer purple and pink wingsuits...

The "Drag Queen" can be ordered starting next month..

Not sure how you found out about this suit as we have been keeping it under tight wraps. The only problems we have had so far is the air pressure in the chest goes down with altitude loss and we look a little strange jumping it. It wont be available for 6 months or more
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

...now you can imagine why I wanted to start the threed in women only zone...
-------------------------------------------------

Chuck is the devil, there's even a T-shirt,

now on the other hand Ive read on DZ.com that some think I look like an angel,

take your pick ;)

Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

---------------------------------------
I did look into big rubber breasts, the rubber they make the big fat wrists cuffs in, real heavy, so much nicer than the lead girls wear all over there chests,

move the weight up being the theory more than seeing big boobies in my tight 4 way suits:)

tonysuits.com

Problem with making something a sticky though is that it seems that beyond one or two specific drill dives there does not seem to be any kind of consensus on what makes the best prep for wingsuits.
-------------------------------------
seems to me...........wingsuiting is pretty easy..... if you don't outstretch yourself........your going to survive the suit itself......... pretty easy, right?
its the fact that the student now has rockets attached to there limbs possibly jumping in a crowd/flock,

tandems on cloudy days are tough sometimes too.... wondering if you should fly over that cloud at 6,000 ft when you see 3 tandems open just before it.

just thinking of stuff we dont talk about......

tonysuits.com