Hagen

Two stupid question to women experienced in wingsuit flying:)

That may be good marketing for you, but I think it's condecending. Anyone can build the muscles to fly a suit better.

t

Funny, in RW we acknowledge different body types need different suits. Why should all wingsuiters have the same suit needs regardless of body type?

Women ARE different;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

So they're equal in perfomance in all flight modes?
-------------------------------
what?? the suits or girls?

I know girls that are equal in all flight modes. What about your suits?

For me, it's a lot like rock climbing. Girls bodies are different to boys bodies, but if they're really into climbing, the difference is small. What men gain in power, the women climbers I know make up for in technique. As I grow older, and consequently weaker, I find myself climbing more like a girl. The grades go up, I can climb longer and get less tired. Women's harnesses may have a different cut, but the rock they climb is the same as the mens, and it's the rock we're here for.

Your suits may have a different cut, but the air they fly through is the same as the mens, and it's the air we're here for.

I doubt your "ladyflier" will outfly your Mach 1. If you're building suits with less performance for women who have equal experience and physical capability, then I think thats condecending.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Then again, ever know a birdchick to agree to that?

:ph34r:

The birdchicks at my DZ always tell me what to do:$ It seems like the easiest way:P

Tony: I'm not at all het-up, just kidding with you, 'kay?;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I don't see it as condescending at all. Men don't wear women's clothes (for the most part) and women don't wear men's party because of fit. When you get a little older you'll find out that women's bodies differ from men's ;);););););););););););)

I was raised a puritan. As far as I am aware ladies have no bodies, just layers of clothes all the way down:P

But seriously, you kinda make my point, if ladies need a different cut of wingsuit then why is there only one Ladyflyer? Why is there not a LadyAcrobat, a LadySM1, a LadyRaptor, a LadyApache, a LadyEagle etc?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I doubt your "ladyflier" will outfly your Mach 1. If you're building suits with less performance for women who have equal experience and physical capability, then I think thats condecending.
------------------------------
haha, know what? I use the same wings now for all the suits, at the start of the lady flier I had a set of wings a little smaller because girls are a little lighter, but they all said they want the same wings so.....I now put thew same wing as all my suits on the lady flier body.
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

Women ARE different

Correct. As are people in general. Which is why Birdman, PF and other suit manufacturers out there who build custom suits, build their suits to the persons measurements no matter which model it is. The customer should be able to choose which model they want based on their wants and not their gender. What next, gender specific canopies?;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I now put thew same wing as all my suits on the lady flier body.

Now this "Lady flier body" you refer to. If I measure a jumper - any jumper - and I send those measurements to any wingsuit manufacturer - I'd like to think they build a suit to fit that body. That's why I measured it, right? Then they'd put the wings on it, just like you do.

So what's the point of a "lady flier?"

t
It's the year of the Pig.

The issue with some women is that they seem to have less upper body strength than a similar sized man. I've seen women struggle with suits like the Prodigy that require upper body muscle to hold them in a good flight mode .... just an observation.

I prefer putting a woman in a suit that has good, solid arm inflation for her first flight ... like a Classic, GTi, LadyFlyer, etc

There is no reason why being a small woman should keep you from flying a wingsuit!
I'm only 4'11'' and I fly a wingsuit. It is not physically hard. I do do exercises especially during the winter to keep my arms strong. Sometimes I have to work harder to keep up or down with big boys if I am in a group, because the fall rates are so different from my natural fall rate which is what I am use to when flying by myself. which I do a lot. I would suggest trying to fly with someone else, if you have the option, in the beginning as much as possible so you learn to adjust to them from the start and you may not have this problem. I did not have the option. Wingsuit flight is so wonderful - you will love it!

This is about the stupidest argument I've ever seen, so to add fuel to the fire:

Lady flyer is no more "condescending" than Bird-Man.

And in case I need to spell it out, no I am not being serious. I am "making a point" to illustrate how ridiculous this whole thing is.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

And another way to think of this whole thing:

Every single other suit that Tony makes is for men AND women. However, the "Lady Flyer" is a special tip of the hat to the ladies, designed just for them, but not in any way the only suit for them. If anything it's sexist against men since it gives us one less option. ;)

It's no different than Ladies' Night at a bar. The ladies are still welcome every other night.

www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Just like ladies underwear...its geared towards their physical attributes/size a bit more..

But dont worry...just like ladies underwear...if you feel your missing out, you can always choose to try em out..:P
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

And another way to think of this whole thing:

Every single other suit that Tony makes is for men AND women. .

I'm sure Tony will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure that when I ordered each of my RW suits from Tony one set of the questions asked is "women only", because they DO have a different cut style for females.

example:
www.tonysuits.com/products/pit_special.php

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The point is the "fit in the body" of the suit on the lady flier, there are extra panels in the chest of the suit to conform to a womens body better. the patterns from the male body do not fit most women as well, no matter how accurate you measure. Also the lady flier body patterns are more curved, while on the male body they are more straight.
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

This is about the stupidest argument I've ever seen, so to add fuel to the fire:

Lady flyer is no more "condescending" than Bird-Man.

And in case I need to spell it out, no I am not being serious. I am "making a point" to illustrate how ridiculous this whole thing is.

I have to agree, this argument is ridiculous. It reminds me of when I was married, no matter what you do you're wrong.

Hay Tony, should I be offended that you have not yet offered wingsuits specifically for amputees or should I wait and complain after you do?

Your questions are not stupid at all....my first BMI was a woman/chick/lady and what I found is that she focused more on technique, that is how to properly position your body as a whole as opposed to forcing your arms or legs to perform independant actions.

Robbie from Phoenix-Fly will tell you that the key to flying his suits is to relax, if you're fatigued you are doing something wrong. Tony and or Jeffro will probably have similar advice (I'm just going on what they told me).

I have just the opposite problem as you, I'm a tall fat boy 6'2" and around 235 lbs. (118kilos I think), I and my fellow fat flyers definately rely more on technique to stay with a flock.

Seek out one of the Lady Birds and I'm sure you will be flying proud in no time.

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

Thank you all for your replies - especially those whose comments were useful:ph34r: and those who wrote me privatelyB| your help and advise are priceless!:):D

now I have all winter ahead of me to exercise, learn theory and choose where to go to study how to fly;)...

Also please remember that 200 jumps is the abslute minimum for jumping a WS, it doesn't mean that you WILL be ready at 200, it means that current, skilled jumpers MAY be ok at 200.

If you've done 110 jumps in 3 years as per your profile then why not wait a little longer rather than rushing to do it as soon as you hit the magic 200?
www.wingin-it.co.uk
Wingin' It wingsuit school