Tonto

How many skydives before WS?

Ive heard of a couple people having wing blowouts on prodigys, whether this is misrigging or just bad luck I dont know, but I think if it was my first WS jump, that would panic me at least a little. I think the classic and gti are great for FJCs (not having flown a PF product besides a V2)

Being a very, very new WS flyer I'm not really qualified to say diddly, but I can tell you this much, I preferred the Aerobat over the Prodigy that I jumped this past weekend. I ended up putting five on the Aerobat and only one on the Prodigy. The Prodigy just felt twitchy and unstable to me. I like the Aerobat because I could dig my toes in and really drive the leg wing out and the wings felt more rigid and stable to me. At times on that jump with the Prodigy I was slightly afraid that I might end up in a spin or just generally out of control. I waited after that until I could go back to the Aerobat and just kept jumping that as time and other student needs allowed.

The Prodigy will not have wing blowouts if rigged properly (and the rigging is simple). I just think a Classic is easier to fly.

While I agree that there are easier to fly suits than the prodigy (the phantom for instance), I think the prodigy is still a good suit for low timers as it really simplifies some of the complications associated with a wingsuit.

Also it is totally possible to blow a wing in a prodigy EVEN when properly rigged (I had a couple blowouts early on, including my first WS jump. I later repaired one of my buttons that was weak and was probably the problem.) but a blown wing in a prodigy is easy to deal with...just drop the other gripper and all is well.
- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

While I agree that there are easier to fly suits than the prodigy (the phantom for instance), I think the prodigy is still a good suit for low timers as it really simplifies some of the complications associated with a wingsuit.

While the prodigy is definately better on first-timers menatly (they are much more at rest knowing they can reach risers etc on opening) the need to hold grippers and the legwing/legs that can easely overpower the armwings (when those are not held correctly during flight or at pulltime) definately make for quicker headlow dives then on other comparable beginner suits..

I still prefer using a classic for first flights..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The Prodigy will not have wing blowouts if rigged properly (and the rigging is simple).

Not trying to be conforntational Matt, but that statement is flat out wrong. I beleive that there's at least three of us on this board that have lost a wing despite it being rigged correctly.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."