Bones

Wingsuits and Audibles

I put up four jumps on a Classic II earlier today, pulling at about 5000 feet each time. On two of the dives, my ProTrack recorded a freefall time of about 40 secs and a pull altitude of about 9500 feet. It also gave a freefall speed in the 50's and 60's, which felt about right. I wear my ProTrack inside my ProTec, have it set as TAS and Dive Type "----". Do I need to change the position and/or settings of my audible to get accurate results?

Sell it to a free flyer or someone else who falls down like an anvil.

Get yourself an audible that's compatible and capable of wingsuit flight. The Neptune is one, but there are others ...

I made a number of 119 second flights in "slo" mode ... I'd go up and fly it easy and get 119 seconds. I'd go up and bust it out and get 119 seconds. Then I figured out that the designers limited the freefall time to 119 seconds ... geez, who'd ever go beyond that???? :(

Scott

Scott

Today I managed to fool my ProTrak (in helmet) into thinking I'd deployed even when it was in SLO mode. According to my Altitrak (on wrist) my descent rate at that point (9,000ft) was 28mph.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Today I managed to fool my ProTrak (in helmet) into thinking I'd deployed even when it was in SLO mode. According to my Altitrak (on wrist) my descent rate at that point (9,000ft) was 28mph.

Its usually not even the 'slowness' of the dive that 'fools' the divece..

Ive had some flights where it just kept logging during +-20 second 21 mph (flare) segments of a jump. As long as the vert. speed decreases slowly, its not an issue (at least not with my protrack unit)

Its mostly abrubt drops in speed (no matter if you're flying high or low speeds at that point) that cause the device to think you've initiated an opening..

If the 119 second limit is troubling you, just start exiting lower and work towards 119 again..:P
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?