pjc

Phoenix Fly Phantom

Buying a 1st suit and I am currently favouring the PF Phantom but I am unable to get hold of a demo suit. I would appreciate if anyone can give me any good or bad feedback on this as a 1st suit before I part with the cash...

Thanks!!

cool new feature on this forum...search

As many reviews and thoughts on the suit as you could ever want!
All in all I think you'd get great vallue for your money, and a suit you can fly for a long, long time with great fun. Be it in flocking or solo performance flight..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Head over to Nethers.....loads of people have Phantoms there and Liz has a couple of demo suits as well I believe.
I have one (gathering dust in my gear bag since I have my SM1)...welcome to boz it for a few jumps if we are around at the same DZ.

I bought a phantom with the acro back vents as my first suit and couldnt be happier. Stable suit, I found it easy to learn on. Wings good size for pull time, and also work well not only for flocking but some acro as well. I can slow it down into the 40's when flying with the bigger suits.

There are suits better for any one category, but for me its the perfect mix of performance flying, flocking, and barrel rolling head down acro, to punch through a hole in the clouds.

Thanks for info... Mccordia, I did search but wanted a bit more info on Phantom as 1st suit.

It's an excellent first suit. Easy to fly and handle with simply incredible performance when you punch it out.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Head over to Nethers.....loads of people have Phantoms there and Liz has a couple of demo suits as well I believe.
I have one (gathering dust in my gear bag since I have my SM1)...welcome to boz it for a few jumps if we are around at the same DZ.

I have 2 BM Classics, 2 PF Prodigies, a PF Acro, a PF Vampire, and a Raptor and Apache by Tony suits. Unfortunately I don't have a demo Phantom but as Zoter says, many people at Nethers jumps them. Suit details and reviews are here:

http://www.wingin-it.co.uk/index.php?a=1&b=8&c=0

This weekend is a good time to come up, we have Rolf Brombach visiting with his BirdMan Tour so he'll have loads of demo suits too. Plus there'll be big-way flocking record attempts.

Liz
www.wingin-it.co.uk
Wingin' It wingsuit school

i have taken many first flight students in phantoms and while i usually shy away from first time jumpers jumping a suit with wing tip grippers the phantom seems to perform fine if you drop the gripper it stays within easy reach. I would rather take a first timer in a phantom over a prodigy any day because if the student drops a gripper on the prodigy they usually have a tough time regrabing it and they dont seem to remember to drop the other gripper. I have seen many peoople fly a phantom real slow vertically and pretty fast forward as well definatly a good beginer to expert suit. Before you buy a suit it is best to get some exp. And try as many suits as possible. What suit works great for one person might suck for another.
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

I've seen the same thing. I've helped with some first flights with the student using a Phantom. The new birds were very experienced jumpers and had no issues, including regrabbing wing grippers. I put a few jumps on a Prodigy and felt more stable on my Phantom. My progression for 1st 25 jumps was Classic, GTi, S3 and finally purchased a Phacro. Loved the Phacro to gain skills, just upgraded to a Ghost.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

It's an excellent first suit. Easy to fly and handle with simply incredible performance when you punch it out.

It'll take you all the way past Larkhill on a good day, isn't that right Jack?!:D:)
"I probably shouldn't have told you that" -- apparently I kept saying that on the Friday night of the AN72 boogie, I wasn't drunk honest

It'll take you all the way past Larkhill on a good day, isn't that right Jack?!:D:)

Ahem, well yeah I guess maybe if someone would be stoopid enough to fly in that direction it uh, maybe could happen. Maybe.:)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Whats the deal with the weekend Liz...?
Expecting a big crowd?

In a word, yes! Have had quite a few emails from people saying they'll be there, and my facebook status currently says something like "Liz is running a wingsuit weekend" so have had quite a few first timers contact me through that.

Also the military Advanced Course has been running the last 2 weeks and they got me in as a coach for that so there's a few new flockers that did their first ones last week. I then left them with the suits (and strict instructions on who could jump them etc!) so some of those guys have probably got a handful of flights now...
www.wingin-it.co.uk

Thanks for all the input everyone :)
I will make it my priority to get to NA this Sunday if the weather looks at all promising... Did an FFC with Rolf last weekend and got bug bitten!

Rolf is coming to Nethers this weekend, we're the next leg of his European Tour :)
www.wingin-it.co.uk

Paul....If the met looks OK for the weekend I'll be down and you are welcome to boz my Phantom
(should fit u OK)

Paul/Smiler...Only hesitating as I have a big vid edit project that must be completed this week.....cant afford to be sat on teh ground all weekend if at the DZ..:S