LukeH

Competition Results from Ireland

This weekend the first ever Irish wingsuit competition was held at the Irish Parachute Club

The competition was a single-elimination tournament for distance. Exit altitude was 7,500ft racing to 3,500ft (must register opening altitude of at least 3,000ft), judging was done from the ground.

Strangely enough (for cloudy Ireland) we had blue skies for the morning of the competition. Sadly the clouds rolled in just after the competition finished and Sunday was a complete wash out so there was no flocking :(

The Results:

Open Category (4 entrants)
1) Patrice "The Yellow Bullet" Roleandt - V1
2) Tony Uragallo - Mercury suit

Junior Category (6 entrants)
1) Padraig Browne - Phantom
2) Peter Breen - GTi
3) Fenton Murphy - Prodigy

There wasn't an official announcement, but is was mentioned in a thread a while ago.

This weekend was the national canopy piloting and wingsuit competition. We weren't trying to attract a crowd but were delighted to have Tony & Liz as guests.

Tony is a blast and a good sport. He'll be in Europe for a couple of weeks, maybe you can catch up with him else where.

Hi Tony,

Nobody like's a sore loser, don't worry about it - I got beaten by Paddy that day too, he was on fire. To be fair he did beat you by a quite a margin and had only made about 5 previous WS jumps in 2007.

I've seen the video it's an epic, lost of nice shots but not sure what your point is, are there competition jumps in there or something? Was the guy with the camera trying to beat you? It looked like he was doing a good job of framing you so I assumed they were 2 way jumps not races. Cinque Terre sure is a nice walk.

We'd love to have you back for a rematch any time.

Take care - Luke

I just flew the new SM1 and your toast next time boyo :)

From the amount of tweaking that you do and posting of changes and updates on the forums, it seems that every new suit made is a "New" variation on the SM1 "series", Maybe this is the SM1"s" or is it up to the SM1"t" version :P

Gotta love Production R&D
Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"