notsane

Puerto Rico Boogie

Just left the Boogie and am in Spain now. I have to say that if you missed this boogie, you missed a good one and need to make the next one,next year. The good news is that the bottle of rum that I(and everyone else) got in the boogie bag made it to Spain intact. When I get a chance, I'll post some of the photos from the friday night DZ party where the beer and rum was all provided for free as was the Red Bull mobil DJ Assault vehicle that mixed tunes and played videos, giving new meaning to 2 turntables and a microphone.

The flock action was good, we did a few technical dives and a good deal of fun dives. The winds were a bit brisk but everyone jumped all day for the most part. A few cutaways happened, good examples of how even "docile" canopies can spin violently and why pulling a bit higher is a smart thing to do. Luckily the one canopy collision, which was caught on tape, miraculously ended without anyone getting hurt.

Kudos to Vivianna and Jason for putting this event on and making it what it is. I had a great time and look forward to next years event.:)

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Nice to meet you down there Jeff (was it you that mentioned the Notwist and Thrice?).

Many other new friends made from Colorado and the Northeast. Nice to see all the new faces.

I'll have some pictures up in a few days and the video a bit later.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Many other new friends made from Colorado

Hey I resemble that remark.

Thanks for the good times.

I learned a lot.

I also have some pretty good video of a few formations (stacks) funneling out, so once you post all the sexy photos of you guys (us) doing the cool stuff, I can always post the blooper's real. That is the advantage of being one of the last guys out of the plane diving to the formation, you get a nice wide shot of the formation in chaos.:P

My favorite blooper is the dive with two bases flying in two directions, with me leaving the plane moments later, wondering which one to chase.:P

But, all joking aside, there were a lot of good dives too.:P:P Thanks for letting me jump with you guys!

Pictures? Bueller? Anyone?

Hey Everyone~ God if you werent there, ill show you what you missed. As always, An excellent event put on by Jason and Viviana which was wildly successful. I beleve at final count they had over 240 jumpers regestered and threw a great boogie. Beach jumps were amazing. Im still here in PR at Jose's and will be for a couple days, but will be updating my site with all the shots I took, And video soon to come, but in the meantime, heres a few shots that will give everyone who wasnt there a good idea of why they should come next year~

Great seeing everyone and meeting all those whom I hadn't untill now, and cant wait to get back down! More to come everyone~ just keep checkin back ~

Scotty B.

Enjoy and i will probably get a chance to work on this tomorrow during the day, so ill try to get everything up for everyone asap~ thanks !
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

Thanks for the eye candy! I will be checking your site for uploads of more pics.. Also I will look at Matt's..

The pics help the anticipation in looking forward to 4.0. Not that I needed that much but every bit helps!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

WOW

it was an awesome boogie. Alot of work for Scott and Myself but soooooo, much fun. beach landings, high altitude jumps, high altitude beach jumps, really nice tight flocks, baton passes, cutaways, and beer. lots of beer. next year will be even bigger. the Flock u contingent was strong with 7 of us. Great job on the pics and videos Scotty and Matt. Jeff you did a great job taking care of ALL the students. TONY- you jumped you ass off.:D Jason and viv threw an amazing boogie and thanks to cross keys and Rook for the planes. Rook, thanks for the patient go arounds for the wingsuits. There will be more pics ands video showing up on flock U's website as well as scottys and Matts. See you guys at 4.0

Justin Shorb

Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

Heres a few more to tide yall over till i figure out how to make that frickin smugmug page of mine do what I want it to, probably after i get home... thanks again everyone, and enjoy!

Blue Skies
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

Jester, we had some fun with the Joysticks over the Puerto Rican Beach. Thanks again! :)
Many thanks to Scotty and Matt for all their work during the boogie. I am really looking forward to seeing all the pics and video. Scotty even gave up a sunset beach load to get everyone's landings....I am sure the final products are going to be SWEET. :D

S.

Thanks a lot Scotty - You and Matt can never get enough credit for the video work you guys do.

We all know it is a pain in the ass to drag the mountains of gear from home DZ through airports to new DZ and back. Not to mention the 10s to as much as 100+ hours of pic and video editing.

We all owe you guys a great deal of thanks, your vids only help us improve our skills and safety. THANK YOU !!!

Hats off also to both Scott Bland (the most stable base on the planet) and Justin Shorb who organized some great dives !!!

This event continues to get better each year and Jason & Viv really take care of the jumpers --- GREAT jumps & GREAT parties. Lots of great people.

Really enjoyed meeting new wingsuiters and reconnecting with others.

Jeff N. also used his ice carving skills to sculpt a tiki head with a rum chute down the back to keep us well lubed during the beach party Saturday night. Jeff was tied up all boogie with student training, adding more folks to the ever growing flock. ---- Thanks Jeff.

Can't wait to see most of you at Flock N Dock in a few weeks.
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

Thanks to all the wuingsuit fliers at the Puerto Rico Boogie. Great group of people and fliers.

The views and the beach landing where sublime.

Thanks to Jason, Viviana, and the other organizers for the great fun event they provided.

Guys, lets do it again.

WUINGSUIT SKYDIVING!

Riccardo
Flock U 5

Thanks to EVERYONE for another great PR wingsuiting event!

Viv and Jason for all the planning and hard work
Justin for helping out with the organizing
Matt and Scotty for all the great camera work
... and all you flockers for working my crazy dive plans!

I can't wait to see more pics and video!

Next year will be even more fun.

WINGSUIT SKYDIVING DOESN'T SUCK!!

Scott

next yr should be better for sure.
Great event and they know how to make you feel right at home.

special thanks to Viv and Jason for helping me retrieve my package so I can get all my gear together. Ward for the demo rig, Karl for over-nighting my stuff, steve for grabbing my main and Rick for spending a little time with me searching for my reserve handle that slipped out through my suit! You all rock! see ya at FnD.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Thank you all for coming out to our Boogie. It would not be as successful if it wasn't for you guys.

Many thanks to Scott Bland and Justin S. for keeping our planes flying even w/some high winds. Great work to Matt H. and Scotty B. on the pictures and the footage for a video.

Thank you to Scott Campos for all the great prices from his sponsors (Vigil, Jump Shack, Alti-2, liquid eye wear (especially mine ;)) among others, during the Boogie.

Thank you to Tony Suits and Mirgage Systems for being here and their sponsorship,

Thanks to Jeff N. for his block of ice that made it happened!!

In sum, THANK YOU all for making our Boogie a great success!!

As always, we love the wing suit flyers in our DZ and hope to see many more next year, FEB. 11-15, 2009!!

Gracias!!
Viv;)

Hey guys,

I'll try my best to make this coherent as the time change and cold are really messing with me.

I put a post out in the events forum but wanted to say a special thanks to the wingsuit community.

I'm very shy and you all treated me and my son as family. Thank you.

I met genuine, deep down, good people that made me a much richer person inside. Thank you, thank you, thank you. No, not you purple Mike. Just Kidding!

I'll put a link out of the shots I got and get some people one's they've asked about as soon as I can, which might take just a bit. I took a ton.

You're good people. Isn't life beautiful?!

Take Care all of you and I hope to run into you somewhere soon, otherwise see ya next year!

Love,
April
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.