The111

Mercury Rising: Photos of the new Tony Suit

and Marco, when you cutaway a pilot chute in tow, it will not go, the bag is staying in the container, its the reason you are cutting away right?

nope, sorry, my bad english shows here...

no the pilot chute was out, jammed with the bridle, tha bag was out of the container but the flap of the container(those over the shoulders) were closed, so the cut-away of the main did not work.
need to take the risers, free them and deploy aux canopy.

not an unusual consequence of bad pooling using a wingsuit with big wings and big burble on the back (your suit is one of those) without long bridle and with the hackey ball. good for 250 times... bad the 251st one !
Marco "Pazzo" Pistolesi
pistolesi.marco(at)gmail.com

Ah that was Norman Kent, what an honor! Did you tell him not to walk on concrete with his booties on?

And I think Marco meant a bag lock.
-----------------------------------------

yes an honor, and what a nice bloke he is too, Jeff has some great shots of him with the biggest hand held camera, and of course he wont walk with his legs on, he's civilized, like wot I am

a bag lock, UUUUUUUUU yucky, I had a bag lock once and as I was looking at it my feet went up above me, so I was head down looking at my baglock between my legs, cutaway, yahoooo

but he talked about the pilot chute malfunctioning ????

ok so we have a bag lock and the risers dont release the riser covers like they should, iccy cos you are descending at a very fast lick, who knows what your leg wings could do in that situation, hmm if you discovered that at 2 thousand feet you have 10 secs before the ground cometh, not much time for anything, think quick, couldn't I still reach my risers to pull em off? you have 5 secs to do somth so Im gonna cutaway my wings and pull on the risers, UUUUU isn't that gonna take up my 5 sec's working time?

are you sure that was a bag lock I don't like bag locks
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

The only time I need to detach the wings are if I need to deal with twists or a brake fire. Some twists you can just grab the risers low just above the links and make things good but a brakefire requires a longer reach.
-------------------------------
Ive fixed a break fire with my back riser, Sabre 2 120, easy

You reached up to the opposite toggle to release it with your arm still in the wing? Thats the only way to "fix" a brakefire. Or are you saying you temporarily neutralized the turn?

That would be very hard if someone was very heavily loaded like a few wingsuiters are. And for those that want to fly the suit in the BASE environment it would prevent dealing with line overs, having to fly the canopy backwards from a near wall strike.

no the pilot chute was out, jammed with the bridle, tha bag was out of the container but the flap of the container(those over the shoulders) were closed, so the cut-away of the main did not work.
need to take the risers, free them and deploy aux canopy.
--------------------------

ah yes so the bag was out, with no pilot chute, hmm that seems to me to be a reason to keep the sides of the rig sewn up, not an open container like Ive heard some people do, I had two hacky mals in one month yano, lost the fist one, [kids picked it up] but i found the second one, [ I was rehearsing my story to PD about losing a second demo in a month the whole time looking] but I found it and the hacky had gone around the bridle tied a knot and then went up inside the hole at the bottom of the pilot chute, I put a wiffle ball on there and haven't had a prob since,
I think his rig wont go on my back:)

tonysuits.com

You reached up to the opposite toggle to release it with your arm still in the wing? Thats the only way to "fix" a brakefire. Or are you saying you temporarily neutralized the turn?

That would be very hard if someone was very heavily loaded like a few wingsuiters are. And for those that want to fly the suit in the BASE environment it would prevent dealing with line overs, having to fly the canopy backwards from a near wall strike.
-------------------------------------------------
It was the second jump on my new Sabre 2, the left side wasn't opening so I "pumped" the left back riser and got the canopy open, when I let up on the back riser it turned to the right, so I pulled the riser back down and got it flying straight, unzipped that arm, then the other [I think] and popped the remaining break, yano I can get to my toggles with my wings on, haven't tried it lately, I'll try today, were all jumping the last of the f&d today

tonysuits.com

Howdy Tony,

Why don't you just make the cable cutaway an option ? I've got over 1,000 jumps on my BM classic and never had to use the cables. When I order my new suit from ya, I'd prefer just the zippers.

Loved your Acro demo, that I jumped in Pepperell.
Helped this Smurf say up with the 6 footers !!!!

Will stop by and see you in January, if you stay in FL. for a few minutes.

Blueskys!!!

Josh "Papa Smurf" Wolfe
------------------------------------------
yayyy, my second convert:)Im gonna go jump wiv em right now,
later

tonysuits.com

------------------------------------------
yayyy, my second convert:)Im gonna go jump wiv em right now,
later

It was an Aerobat, me thinks. :$ Just ask those Flock U guys. I fly whatever they have to demo. :)
Have a great flight !!!:P;);) It's cold and rainy in Massachusetts right now. Flocker !!!!

Blues!!!

P. Smurf

why couldnt you intergate the standard cutaway cables on the inside of the arm somewhere, but outside the airlocks, as a supplement to the zippers, ...ala sugar glider..

you still would rigup with the zippers, the cables are always connected unless you have to usethem.

the idea of a wingsuit, with no immediate access to you r arms, just seems like a bad idea.

On your original suits, the wings were held by an RSL clip and a velcro strip on the bottom portion of the wing, then on the newer suits the bottom portion was sewn, with the velcro moved to along the arms.
If you replace the sewn part with cables and loops, with the handles
being at the hips/laterals, so that the jumper could pull the cables up
rather than down( reaching past the knees on the SM1 would be hard)
then the jumper could release enough of the wing to be able to reach
their risers.
The top portion of the wing would still be zippered on, and the cables would only have to be hooked up once then left alone.

the idea of a wingsuit, with no immediate access to your arms, just seems like a bad idea.

This is why that Croatian guy came up with the cable / tab design and has used it on all his designs (apart from the Prodigy).

The cable / tab design has some obvious drawbacks:
- time consuming and more expensive to produce
- takes longer to attach

But in a situation when you need your arms free in a hurry it is worth the effort.

There must be other solutions that can also provide a fast reliable cut away system.

J
BASEstore.it

why couldnt you intergate the standard cutaway cables on the inside of the arm somewhere, but outside the airlocks, as a supplement to the zippers, ...ala sugar glider..

you still would rigup with the zippers, the cables are always connected unless you have to usethem.

the idea of a wingsuit, with no immediate access to you r arms, just seems like a bad idea.
----------------------------------------------
that might be ok, my point here is though that is just as easy to unzip the arm as it is to pull a cable,
you do it every jump,

tonysuits.com

On your original suits, the wings were held by an RSL clip and a velcro strip on the bottom portion of the wing, then on the newer suits the bottom portion was sewn, with the velcro moved to along the arms.
their risers.
The top portion of the wing would still be zippered on, and the cables would only have to be hooked up once then left alone.
---------------------------
I've thought of doing that. yes the SM1 has such a long wing you couldent go to the knee, youd have to pull from above, but then wouldent I do to the same system as BM PF and not bother with the big zipz at the arm to body attach, its the easyest way to build as the one system puts the rig on is the cutaway also,

tonysuits.com

I've thought of doing that. yes the SM1 has such a long wing you couldent go to the knee, youd have to pull from above, but then wouldent I do to the same system as BM PF and not bother with the big zipz at the arm to body attach, its the easyest way to build as the one system puts the rig on is the cutaway also,

That would be a very long cable on the SM1, and those who don't have
a dedicated WS rig like the quick hook up a zipper gives

That would be a very long cable on the SM1, and those who don't have
a dedicated WS rig like the quick hook up a zipper gives
------------------------------------
thats our whole way of thinking, some skydivers like to go freefly or flat fly, they dont have 2 rigs so were trying to make is easy to do that, just throw it on and go jump that big cloud,
Another good point with the 2 arm zips is that there both right in front of your face, you dont have to go hunt for it with your canopy throwing you around,

tonysuits.com

ok, I give up...

I'll just cut the tabs off my V2 and sew them on the SM1 myself.
---------------------------

I thought you wanted the s-fly cutaway!!!!!!!!!!!!!
look its pretty much decided that 2 arm zips is the way to go :)

tonysuits.com

their risers.

hey tony, you can still have the top zipper but the bottom (which is attached) would be the cut away taps. allowing you to have better reach for your toggles or problem. sounds like a good option?
i would if i could but i can't so i won't. or i might.

You should get measured up for one so you can flock with us more next year!

Thanx! Steve,

I'll be flocking with Flock U a lot more next year! :)
Those Mercury Rising photo's REALLY got me jazzed up about getting a new suit.

GREAT Photos and flying !!! ( and a nice suit design too !!!)

Without cables, yiha!!!! and the zippers on the newer suits are fantastic. I plan on getting measured, when I go to FL. for the "Great White North Boogie" in January.

It's FINALLY time I got a new suit (my BM classic is 7 yrs. old), so I can smoke you flockers !!

Can't wait to see Lurch's face when I get my new suit..... ;)

Will I be the shortest flocker around our does Dave G. have me beat ? :P

Yahooo !!! &
Blueskys!!!

P. Smurf

Actually its common for a pilot chute in tow to be able to pull the main once the reserve is out. The pressure is released the main closing loop gets loose. If the main bridle isn't fully trapped and whats left of the PC has enough drag -two out- you got CReW.
---------------------------------------------------

I cutaway first, then pulled my reserve, past the collapsed pilot chute, I think as the reserve opened the main shot out and the cutaway worked fine, if it hadn't have cutaway and opened it would have released when open, its outahere

tonysuits.com

I plan on getting measured, when I go to FL. for the "Great White North Boogie" in January.

Excellent! I think I will have to go this year.....have always wanted to do it. I'll recruit some more wingsuiters. Think I am going to go online tonight and books tix for the Sebastian Fire and Ice Boogie, the Puerto Rico Boogie, and for the Great White North. :)

Will I be the shortest flocker around our does Dave G. have me beat ?

Nope....I think you are the shortest and Smurfiest!

Why don't you just make the cable cutaway an option ? I've got over 1,000 jumps on my BM classic and never had to use the cables. When I order my new suit from ya, I'd prefer just the zippers. :ph34r:

I never used the cutaway cables on my classic either but have used them on bigger suits like the S3 and Matter. The SM1 also has a lot more wing surface than the classic.

This is why that Croatian guy came up with the cable / tab design and has used it on all his designs

Though I dont doubt the extra R&D that went into the cable-release system, the footage and photos Ive seen of Patrick DeGuyardon wingsuit, and also the suit Adrian Nicholas was flying, to my eyes seem to have the same tab/cable system.
And watching the making-off from the movie 'The Gysy Moths' (also on skydivingmovies) the small segment on the wingsuits used in that film (at 11:00 into the video) also show an explanation of a cable-jettison system, rigged along the body. And that dates from 1969.

All these similar systems seem to predate any of the later 'commercial' wingsuit exploits?

Am I wrong in thinking it was an invention from Patrick DeGuyardon, if he didnt already base it on a previous design/system?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?