The111

Mercury Rising: Photos of the new Tony Suit

this new suit is just a proto. the "Mercury" name is only a reference to the way the leg wing is in line with the heels and not the toes it is not the name of the suit, it has no name but proto "X38a" there are MANY more to come in the near future
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

Yesterday was one of those wingsuit days I'll remember for a long time - first flight on a Mercury. I don't typically write about my wingsuit experiences simply because that is all they are - just my experiences.

But what made this different (and special) was that never have I gotten so much performance out of a suit with so little effort.

As it went, the suit Tony had to demo was way too small for me but I gave it a go anyhow.

Followed him out the door (Scotty Burns behind me) and got tired of chasing him down after a short time ;), headed off away from the DZ for about a mile, turned around and headed back, trying different body positions, practice pulls, stalls, turns and dives, generally just messing around.

Ended up with 3.2 miles (exit to pull) on the GPS and just over 3 minutes in flight (13.7exit to 2.6 open). Time wise that may have been my best ever (distance wise, not).

The suit (even though it was ill-fitting) was easy to fly, stable except when it got real slow - close to stall - where it got a little squirrelly (like driving on ice), and, had a lot of range. No problems at pull time, and (compared to other suits I've owned and flown) virtually effortless.

For me, after 3 minutes of hanging from my arms, it is an effort to reach back and toss the PC, but this suit gave me virtually no fatigue. I'll wait for the second flight to see if it was the adrenaline or not. :)
Next flight, I'll get it in a flock and see how it does there.

Awesome suit Tony and Jeff - excellent work!

-Mike

Play like your life depends on it.

I personally don't like the Mercury wing, I haven't tried it but I just don't like the idea. I want my foot attached to the wing even if the Mercury flies smoother and easier (maybe I'm just stubborn:P).

However, I am going to make a bald statement now. I think the SM1 is the best wingsuit for skydiving so far.
While for years just barely getting past 2min on a flight I can suddenly fly more than 3 min with 30mph averages. It's also strange that there is almost no fatigue, probably because the arm wing is attached to the upper leg which takes some of the load off your arms. It has solid inflation, no flapping, easy back flying, good fit (very important).
It still needs some fine tuning. Most people would for instance like a better arm cutaway system. I would like a longer leg wing to beat Robi in distance:)
I'll post a video of Tony flying his Mercury suit through the alps soon!B|

Tristan
Will you answer "NO" to my next question?

thank you tristan and good job on the race you did not have much time to get in alot of jumps and dial in the suit yet. so thats even better. and me an tony have not put this new PROTO to the full test yet against a sm1 so we will see this weekend, Jeff
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

its a point i tried making when i jumped the first prototype. its changed my "bests" on so many levels. my two team mates have been looking for new suits for the last couple of months and simply couldnt decide what to get untill i got my sm1 and we have flown together alot. we have discussed pro 's and cons alot. over many flights and have decided our team will be flying sm1 tony suits. its the fist REAL evolution in the sport from a design perspective since the first suits which started using ram air cells to inflate wings. every competitor suit i have bought was great but simply a tuned version of what was out there. this is the first time i feel something different and the first time my performace has jumped dramatically.

once again im not sponsored and this is the most expereienced i have ever been :ph34r:

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

Thanks for the review.

But Tony listens to his customers and so it keeps improving quite fast.

I am just waiting to speak to Tony in person(visit Zhills) before ordering a suit from him. Or do I have to buy a suit first so he listens to me :P...Just Kidding. :D

Kris.

It's also strange that there is almost no fatigue,

I've experienced this too... the suit is very relaxing also while trying to get high performance.
I've floated over people whom usually were over me and i was arching without fatigue...

Most people would for instance like a better arm cutaway system.

i really think it too, i've already told to Tony to change the cut-away system.
The Velcro will work only if the ZIP is TOTALLY WELL closed, if the zip is not and you try to "wreck" it up it wont work.
I've got an experience with a WS student that had a PC malfunction (chocked with the bridle) and cutted away his bag lock, the bag did't go away.
In this situation you REALLY need a fast and always working wing cut away system in order to free your arms and f*ck the main canopy off.
Nevermind if you can get your risers by moving your feets up... you're in freefall, not under canopy.

in the end IMHO:
- The suit fly AWESOME.
- need some fix BEFORE being sell to the whole world
Marco "Pazzo" Pistolesi
pistolesi.marco(at)gmail.com

Link no worky:

Page Not Found
The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons:

Tristan decided that first posting the link, and then uploading the file was the way forward...

Give it 20 minutes and try again;):P
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Marco,

Careful there how you speak because we are in the Tony Suits forum here. I said the same things here about the SM1 cutaway after I test flew it and was almost lynched within minutes of posting. Just lookin out for ya, ;)

"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Holy molly Tristan, what a movie, haha, not only was it my best skydiving trip in 37 years of trips,
but I got a movie too, and what a very artistic movie it was,

you have your own style,

Bloody good job

did anyone pick up on the dude in the ceiling in the train station?

it was a train that took us out to the walk on the cliff.............. a 3 hour walk on a cliff,

see................ I could be a base jumper :-)
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com