The111

Mercury Rising: Photos of the new Tony Suit

Wow. As interesting as the moving back of the wings is the fact that the arm wings end at a point that does not 'end' at the body junction point, but rather has a squared off point. And also that the leg wing extends beyond it's final attachment point.

Is this suit even bigger than the SM1? How where the times/distances???

It is nice to see such innovative ideas being developed and tested. By the time I'm ready for a new suit...I'm sure I'll be amazed by what will be available. Keep it up!!
- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

:o Very impressive suit Tony. It looks very different than any other suit I have seen. The inflation indeed looks rock solid.

Great pics Matt.
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

I was only able to get one jump on the suit before Tony left for Europe with them. The suit was absolutely rock-solid in every respect, to the point that I could not deflate the leg wing at pull-time ... I just bent my knees. The grippers on the arm-wings aren't necessary. There was no arm pressure whatsoever. All I can say is, keep your eye on this one.

Scott

Post: Wow. As interesting as the moving back of the wings is the fact that the arm wings end at a point that does not 'end' at the body junction point, but rather has a squared off point. And also that the leg wing extends beyond it's final attachment point.

Is this suit even bigger than the SM1? How where the times/distances???
---------------------------------------
The leg wing is the SM1 but it go's to the heels, the first one had me going head down so I did the "fat" end to the arm wing to balence the suit, I made the Handle smaller to make the arm lighter [Jeff's idea] seems ok I think, balenced to the point that you can control your angle of atack with your head, but on one jump I rased my head so much I staled, never felt that before, felt like i was gong straght down and nothing worked till I pulled my arms in and got going again, so we still have to do some tests, maybe take a bit off the arm wing, or make the leg wing longer haha and sorry Jeff but i took em all with me and didnt send you the yellow one back, oh "squirly", the Mercury mod fixed her up, I did 3 minets, av 38 mph the whole skydive,
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

I initially laughed at Tony when he showed up with these prototypes.....Right up to the point that I videoed him to check for proper inflation, etc. They are very, very solid and extremely fast. Big Nose can finally get away from me. I mean WAY away from me (in my S6). They have a narrower legstance than a Mach1, but have longer legs with a different (to the heel) attachment. Very, very stable in flight. We have all been very impressed with these things so far. Funky looking for sure, but I haven't seen any flappage at all out of any of these prototypes.

He took four or five of them with him to Europe.

Chuck

As these suits now have a "high wing", how do they fly on the back?

With the blade protos with a same heel attachment, we couldnt fly them completely 'open' with the legwing, or the suit tended to tip you headlow on you back. But closing then a few cm was all that took to fly properly on its back.
My guess is this flies on its back just as easy?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

As these suits now have a "high wing", how do they fly on the back?

Ah! Something I haven't seen yet! I haven't seen Tony fly this suit on it's back yet, so who knows. I can guarantee it will be solidly inflated, one way or another though, so I can only speculate that there will be very limited flappage (if any at all).

On the jump where Tony averaged 38 in the suit, I averaged the same in my S6, but he was far, far ahead of me after he kicked it out. Again, amazing for Tony. You should see the grin on his ugly face!:P

I would have never thought that this would have been a suit that would "work", but if even SCOTT BLAND can fly one and pull away from me, there must be something to it. :ph34r:

How does the mercury compare to the SM1 Tony? Is it a faster or more super version?
------------------------------------
Ive only done 4 days on them, but I put an SM1 on in the middle of testing the mercury suit, I THINK I like the mercury better, not sure if ifs faster [ i just have to get a GPS] it just feels smoother,
I have a week with Tristan in France coming up, I'll put the Mercury against his tall ass in an SM1 and see the comparison, we'll both be "tuning" up for the race in Italy so it will be great for both of us, Ireland next though, :)

tonysuits.com

thank you,
Jeff and I spent a lot of time working on the inflation, we constantly talk about how we can improve somth, I cant wait to get him the new leg,
I don't have any numbers yet on the suit, but it does seem a bit faster with more float, so that spells G/R right?
My first priority when I get back is to get a GPS.

With the new arm attach system were using it will be easy to make diff arms for the same suit and with 15 mins of stitch picking could interchange em for testing OR Its possible to use just a zip holding the arms on for testing purpose's, recording jumps with a GPS will eliminate a lot of the guess work.

tonysuits.com