justinhawxhurst

Beginner suit

I have been looking at other posts and surched for info. but alot of the posts are quite old so not to much help. I am planning on doing a first flight soon and wanted to look into suits to get more knowlege of them before I meet up with an instructor. What would be good suits for a first flight as well as a first suit. There are lots of suits and companies. This is not a post to find the best as that never works here. Everyone has an opinion of there own. I just would like some suiets to read up on and resurch for myself but as there are so many I did not know where to start. Also there are no wingsuits at my dz and nobody to talk to so I will be going to Florida. Thanks

The PF Phantom is a great suit, as are a number of Tony Suits offerings. There are still used Birdman GTi's out there too that make fine first suits.

My advice would be to find a used suit to start out with. Chances are, when you're ready to move to another suit in 50-100 jumps you'll be able to get most of your money back on it.

Just make sure the suit fits. A little loose or tight in the body is usually okay, but most suits love to tail flap if you can't stretch them out tight with your toes.

Myself and my brother started on a Prodigy Suit and then moved to a Tony Aerobat.

Transition was smooth and the Aerobat allowed us to develop the right skills before moving to higher performance suits.
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

My opinion... The Phantom or Phacro is such a great suit to start out on. My first flight was on a Prodigy (can still reach risers) but i feel the Phantom is an awesome suit to learn and build your skills on. I now have close to 100 jumps on this suit and it still rocks!!! If interested... i have a know of a few people looking at selling this suit. This suit still offers quote a bit of range while offering back vents to learn flight on your back. I agree with the GTI too. Great first suit and quite a bit cheaper. I am bias to PF but I know BM has equally awesome suites. As with everything in this sport.... Start with whats comfortable...be safe and enjoy.