unclecharlie95

New video: Norway Terrain flying 2007

WOW! I was watching sme of that looking like :o I half expect to see a guy on a ledge holding a water bottle above his head so it could be grabbed on the way by!

One thing I am curious about is the track planning that went into the flights? I dont think you could play it by ear completely as a carve around the wall into the face of another would not seem to far out of question. How much planning goes into a fliget like that. The really twisty ones that is.

I wil have to watch that again as I am kinda scratching my head again with the "WOW" thought..

Scott C.

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Amazing video..nothing but praise! Incredible!

I'm just waiting for RedBull to put 20 meter windsocks up, to slalom throughB|

What always amazes me (dare I say 'amuses me') is knowing the experience you have. A ton of skydives and basejumps. All slowly working up to what we see in your videos.

And then seeing basejumpers with 10 or so wingsuit jumps from a plane (from their total grand total of 150 jumps), call themselves experienced and go on and on about performance etc, and then jump of rocks and try and repeat the same thing you're doing here...
In a big rush to also be one of the first to explore this new sub-dicipline of terrain flying. Just not backed up by the vast skill and experience you have accumulated over the years.

Anyways..Little rant..not completely related to the amazing video..but Im good at it (ranting) so why not:)

:P

Cant wait to see whats next!

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Cant wait to see whats next!

Find a cave which starts at the top of a mountain and comes out further below. Wear headlamp. You figure out the rest. :o Or you could just do it in the dark, but then there'd be no video.

Fantastic video, of course, James. I would love to do that one day, but as Jarno said, I would require an immense amount of experience I don't have to even work my way up to such a thing. So I won't pretend I'm gonna come see you anytime soon and just step off a cliff and do the same thing. :DMaybe in a few years. I think if I lived in Europe I'd already be BASE jumping, but I really have no attraction to the local options here: trespassing for a subterminal antenna jump, and traveling every single time I want to do a real earth jump.

One thing that has always scared me about terrain flying: what if a seam on the wingsuit blows out? It seems unlikely, but not impossible. Thoughts?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

One thing that has always scared me about terrain flying: what if a seam on the wingsuit blows out? It seems unlikely, but not impossible. Thoughts?

Matt,
You are right ,That is possible to happen, probably at the same rate like it happens on the reserve canopies (Talking on behalf of the PF suits I am making :)One of the important things before each flight is the check of the equipment, including the WS as well.
If it happens that wing blows ... well [:/] good luck....
That is the risk u have to take in account...

This time Boris did the editing ;)
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

[replyOne thing that has always scared me about terrain flying: what if a seam on the wingsuit blows out? It seems unlikely, but not impossible. Thoughts?

Well some would say..... Ohhh fuck

But i think Robi can fly he's suit even if one complete wing was missing and flying like this is not maxed out so you "almost" always have time to bail out and fly away.

But i am impressed it is an amasing movie

I LLIIIIIIKE............. Keep em komming
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg