mccordia

www.wingsuitcompetition.com (2 way + camera, artistic event)

Thats a bummer Jarno. You should know better than to do that free flying stuff. What were you thinking?

I hope you have a speedy recovery.
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

Thats a bummer Jarno. You should know better than to do that free flying stuff. What were you thinking?

I hope you have a speedy recovery.

April fools...;)
Have to say Im impressed with this response, as its already mentioned 2 posts up that its a joke:P

But big thank you anyways...

Wasnt a complete joke, did bang myself up a bit in the tunnel, but nothing permanent:D
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

JARNO you @#$!%!@#$!@#$!@ !!!!!

last time im kind to you !

i hope you guys have a awsome competition, you certianly have put alot of hard work into this one. RESPECT!

i think this is going to be a major success and I'm looking forward to the results and most of all being there next year.

As most know by now we had some setbacks and the rest of my team had to bail. Thank you for all the people who tried to organize gear ect.

for the rest see you in spain in may and both campost/heffro's boogies in the US in Nov.

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

News

• We now have 8 teams confirmed, 1 team still not sure (DNB Nord)
  • We now have a Fench version of the website online as well at http://wingsuitcompetition.com/index_fr.htm
  • We are looking for one more person to help out in judging, send me a PM if you're interested
  • grounded caravans and broken wrists have miraculously healed after April fools
  • Skyvan will most likely be the jumpcraft for the competition
  • Jumprun will be crosswind. All flyers exit, make a 90 degree turn and fly a straight line

• JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

Yowyowyow!

• Just spoke to Spa, the weather is looking awesome for the coming week(s). And hoping it stays like that.

• The Skyvan has also arrived and is ready for action.

• Skydive Spa is sponsoring the event, so there is no extra money to be payd for entering the competition or (if you're there for the weekend fun) load organising..
    Its all 'on da house'.

• The only thing we're asking is a tiny donation from all the teams (5 euro per team) for the extra prizes (on top of the prizes to be handed out by/through all the sponsors of course).

• Birdman has also donated 100, 200 and 400 euro money prizes, to be spent on their new street collection

• We will have 3 load organisers ready for action, for the moment the competition finishes. Alejandro "The Incredible" Lopez, Jarno "Sure to beat tony's ass" Cordia, and James "not without my Campos" Boole.
    Though we may shift the LO tickets around a bit, depending on what we're doing. Some backflying formations and other funky shizzle etc may be attempted
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

Again..a small bit of news for this thread consisting 99% of replies to my own messages;)

Next to all the 'standard' prizes (1,2,3 and raffle prizes) we now also have a late addition by SkyJester.

The DoDo award goes to the team with the most spectaculair (unintentional) funnel, twist, crash or (subtle/non lethal)collission during competition.

The DoDo award entitles the team to a 100 euro CASH prize, and a lovely SkyJester Joy Stick.

Also make note that those who ordered a boogie T-Shirt with Karin are entitled to the raffle prize of FREE cypres maintanance.
    On back-orders (have to look at Karin here? can we have back-orders?) you'll also be entered in the raffle for the cypres maintanance coupon.

Cypres will also be present with a stand, stickers, info etc.

During the prize 'ceremony' on friday-night, we'll ask everyone to put his/her name (jump card from the DZ) in a bucket, and we'll find out who wins the raffle prizes (3x 50% discount on an FYB suit, 50% Discount on a new Tonysuit etc). These raffle prizes will also be open to non-competitors (as long as you're flying a wingsuit).

Also take note that PF, TonySuits and FlyYourBody will all have demo's with them for you to try (either before, during or after the comp.... as you wish and prefer).

Extreme FlyWear (donating 3 pairs of freefly pants in team size/colours to the winning team) will most likely also be present with new swoop pants and other samples from their product line.

p.s.
    Also heard that jeff is buying all the teams lots of free drinks the night before the competition!

JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

p.s.
    Also heard that jeff is buying all the teams lots of free drinks the night before the competition!

So THAT'S how he's going to try and win... :)
    Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
    Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

The DoDo award goes to the team with the most spectaculair (unintentional) funnel, twist, crash or (subtle/non lethal)collission during competition.

Do you think the funnel @ 2:34 in this video would qualify? Last weekend, Henny and me, video Saskia.

SkyJester, that was in training for the competition. Can we submit that or do we really have to do it again during competition? Maybe we can just edit it into a competition round judging video? :P
    Johan.
    I am. I think.

Johan,

The judging will be done by the judges during the competition, and only on the competition jumps.

Gadget, Le Pat & Christ are the capable judges who will be looking at our backflailing and combat-docking attempts:P

And think (just for the credit) we'll be calling it the SkyJester DoDo award

Also a note.. there is a lot of talent walking around..make good use of the trainingday(s) by asking people for tips and input based on your trainingvideos or any other issues you may have.

Weather forecast is looking sub-optimal, but 100% jumpable!

JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

Impartial !:|

Lots of good bottles of wine coming your way the night before I guess?:P

Chris and Hans will most likely be doing most of the judging, and you will probably be shooting some nice outside-outside coveradge of the contest throughout the day (depending on what you want). Jumping and judging only when chris and hans seem to be scratching and biting at eachother:P

ps. recieved the FYB package today. Including your demo's etc for the boogie. Just so you know.
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

So where's all these UK hot shot wingsuit skydivers then....?
    No UK team entry..??
    hmm
    :P

(UncleCharlie doesnt count.....he's one of 'dem 'Euro' Europeans now....:D )

Good luck and well done Jarno and crew for getting this 'off the ground'

weather
    No clue how accurate it is, but at the moment the weather forecast is shitty on tuesday, and then completely clear blue skies for wednesday (training) and thursday (the competition). Friday/Saterday/Sundat the forecast is partialy cloudy/sunny, so for all I can guess definately jumpable. With nice fluffy clouds to swoop!

http://www.zoover.nl/belgie/luik/spa/weer

the comp
    Seeing everyone should be able to make the 5 comp jumps in one day, I think we definately have a contest on our hands with this weather forecast, and most likely be able to finish it on thursday already!

On friday we're holding the prize cermonyB|

planning and stuff
    Everybody is probably there already on wednesday, so I propose we have a meeting and (funny accent) intro-talk about the rules, times etc on wednesday evening, after jumping, in the bar!
    If teams could also front the massive 5 euro entrance fee then, that would be much appreachiatedB|

training
    For those traing on wednesday. There's more then a few coach-worthy people walking around. If you want some tips and hints on backflying, docks etc. be sure to grasp someone and ask. Its a boogie 100% about having fun and learning.

stuffz
    On a personal note, yesterday we finaly managed to get a few FLB training-jumps in and try round 5 for the first time.
    Props to the team that pulls that one off with more then 1 or 2 points:S
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

Talk was brought up that the comp could actually be done via submitted video. This might allow more teams from far away to enter that currently can't.

Would you be willing to consider this in the future?

long version:
    'Willing to consider' would be an understatement...

When this competition finishes and the video is online (should be monday/tuesday after the comp), we'll already start working on the next competition. We've also been talking about that for a while.

We're planning on having a 1 round, open (submit video) competition for free/creative flying.

So teams (2 way + camera, maybe also 4 way + camera) can come up with a creative routine, and submit that as (un-edited) video, exit to seperation.

We'll probably let that run for quite a while, so people have time to play/experiment and show what 'they got'.

We will try and get some awesome people 'from the field' to judge the final batch of videos.

We also thought about including a free round in this competition already, but people already have a hard time training for the current 5. So thats going to be the 'next thing'.

We definately hope to make www.wingsuitcompetition.com the basis for more future forms of (non GPS based) wingsuit competitions.

Short version:
    so....yea!
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

Yea..actually hoping we'll already have some smooth operators present..
    I concider this to be more a showcase event than it is a contest.

We'l probably be using the comp rounds as trainingjumps from this point on, as they are awesome challanging things to practice and get better at what we do..

(Though a 40 way is also great practice when you're just starting out of course :P)

And I cant wait for the creative moves and funky stuff we'll hopefully see when we launch the next competition in a month or 2...

Though next year, at the physical contest (probably Spa again)..try and have a bigger American showing then one team with an adopted Brit and an American with a German last name (not even mentioning the non-US-resident-amazing constantly-brand-monkey-switching Dutchman filming them):)
    Now lets hope they dont spank our asses too hard in 4 days hehehe

Any ideas and suggestions for the 'open' comp are of course welcome through PM. But lets first focus on this baby ;)

JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

Any ideas and suggestions for the 'open' comp are of course welcome

This is more of a question than a suggestion as I had heard a rumor that there would be a "surprise" category or round during the event. Footage obtained via G-14 classified means can be seen HERE:P
    "It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
    Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
    SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Any ideas and suggestions for the 'open' comp are of course welcome

This is more of a question than a suggestion as I had heard a rumor that there would be a "surprise" category or round during the event. Footage obtained via G-14 classified means can be seen HERE:P

Yea..we got payd there to test some new wingdesigns:P
    Imagine an umbrella company paying to to royaly F*k up some umbrellas in freefall..they even held for a gew secondsB|

Imagine...we even made world news with that on silly short items for NBC etc. Right up there with Jeb and his landing in downtown vegas (ticket sales starting now!)

Kay..back to the program..
    We wanted to already try an open (demo) round this time, but seeing almost every team complained about already having a hard time training for the current rounds..we'll leave the creative/open stuff for a worldwide (web)competition coming soon:)
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?