mccordia

www.wingsuitcompetition.com (2 way + camera, artistic event)

Some updates!

• Frenchie version of the site, coming soon

• There is now a competition T-shirt. Check here for a sneak peak at how its going to look. We are working with Cypres on sponsorship of the T-Shirts, to keep the price nice and low.
    Send Karin a PM if you want to order a TShirt.
    Specify S/M/L/XL/American size.

• Karin is also the person to msg for a good bed in the cabin, a few miles from the DZ.

• Camping on the DZ is free (and within crawling range of the bar). There are also bunkbeds for those who dislike tents. Mail directly to the dropzone to reserve a bed there.

• Spoke to the DZ, plane may change to Skyvan.

• All jumpruns will be flown crosswind, so the patern out of the door is immidiate left turn, 90 degrees> fly

• JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

I get a lot of questions about the price of the shirts.
    Difficult to say now, because we are still talking to our sponsors for a contribution to reduce the price for you all.

I can say for sure that the longsleeves will definately not cost more than €25,- That is the absolute maximum. (And then you have a quality shirt with a quality print) It can only get cheaper, not more expensive, we promise B|

If you contact me for the competition shirt, please mention your email address in your PM.
    Thanks dudes :)

For the girls we have stretch shirts.
    For more comfort for them and a better view for the boys. Viewer discretion advised..... ;)

Blue skies & long flights,
    Karin - ©The Pink Bird

Heyhey

At the moment we are looking for final confirmation on teams (if possible)
    The teams 99,9% sure of coming:

• FlyLikeBrick- NL
  • CrewBirds - BE
  • SkySwoopers - DK
  • TonySuits - USA
  • DNB Nord - LV
  • Pinky and the Brains - NL

• And we are awaiting confirmation from:
  • Team Teuge - NL
  • Les Zozios - Fr
  • FlyYourBody - Fr
  • Team PF - EU

• And we still have one or two people without a team, and two unnamed teams not sure if they'll be there.
    So should any teams be looking for a camera flyer or team member, let me know, and we'll do some mix and match!

From the look of things, we'll end up with anywhere between 6 to 12 teams, and looking at a way cool international competition!

so what if I cant come
    Costyn also did some serious nerding, and made a web-application for the scoring. Which means the people stuck in offices will be able to follow the progress on our (soon te be put online) webpage, in near realtime (including web-cams!)

And for the people at Spa, next to the screens we'll have there, you can check and monitor your teams score online constantly, to see what your score for the next round needs to be.
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

http://wingsuitcompetition.com/teams.htm updated!

Teams confirmed:
  • Team PF - EU
  • FlyLikeBrick- NL
  • CrewBirds - BE
  • SkySwoopers - DK
  • TonySuits - USA
  • DNB Nord - LV
  • Pinky and the Brains - NL

• And we are awaiting confirmation from:
  • Team Teuge - NL
  • Les Zozios - Fr
  • FlyYourBody - Fr

• Though technicaly FlyYourBody is the only one we're awaiting real confirmation off, the other teams seem certain of their entry as well..

The SA team (Pierre and the boys with their team 'acro-bats') sadly had to drop out due to theft of gear (wingsuit, rig etc) from their home.:|:(
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

The SA team (Pierre and the boys with their team 'acro-bats') sadly had to drop out due to theft of gear (wingsuit, rig etc) from their home.:|:(

Sad news!
    Would it be of any help to them if we asked around to borrow some gear? I could offer a Next with a 170sqft Sabre-2 for jumpers of aprox. 1,90m and a Phantom it this helps!
    How about the sponsors in such an "emergency" situation?
    For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

Sad news!
    Would it be of any help to them if we asked around to borrow some gear? I could offer a Next with a 170sqft Sabre-2 for jumpers of aprox. 1,90m and a Phantom it this helps!
    How about the sponsors in such an "emergency" situation?

I think the financial loss of gear, and having to replace it, is what is preventing them from getting a 1000+ euro ticket to Europe.

Gear can always be lent, and I dont think Tony/Jeff would even mind lending the boys an Sm1 (which is what was stolen). Lets just hope they are here next year...

Its a shame they cant be there though, as SA is where the first competition in this style (docks/creative flying) was held..
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

Deeply sorry to hear about the theft. Please post a description (models, sizes, colors, identifying marks) of what was stolen so we can be on the lookout for it.
    WSI-6 / PFI-55
    The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
    http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
    http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

http://www.wingsuitcompetition.com/scores/

Here is a sneak peak at the section of the website where people (there and elsewhere) will be able to follow the competition in realtime from the comfort of their home and officesB|

It will even reload automaticly every 5 minutes for the lazy people.
    We'll also have a laptop(s) up and running at the DZ where everyone can constantly see how high or low they rate.

For those who didnt check it out yet, we have a special scoring system, so all the rounds (even though difficulty increases) will result in more equal 'handicap' scores. Making it possible to swing the end results one way or another up to the end.

Otherwise one team could score 20 points in round one, and already have a headstart that no other team will be able to catch.

Should 2 teams tie, the actual docks/points flown will be used to determine the end result.

Big up to Costyn for making it work with a nifty database thingy.
    And thanx to the webcams, you can even see us walking around and packing and stuff!

docks
    Got some questions regarding the ankle docks in round three.
    The have to be made on or within 10/15 cm of the ankle.

So grabbing someones upper leg or knee is not what we want you to do.
    But all rounds will be explained once more at the day of the competition.

scedule
    We're arriving tuesday evening, and doing trainingjumps on wednesday.

The Thursday will start with one trainingjump, and after that we'll start the actual competition.
    We want to try and keep all the teams on the same rounds, so the contest stays exciting all the way through.

After each jump, you go to Chris to have your video copied and reviewed.
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

You mean you guys can't do 20 points in round 1 ?!?

Who knows...we might surprise youB|

Henny also confirmed you guys are coming. Awesome!
    We'll truly have an amazing group of flyers there for the after comp. flockin!

And Pat, French version wil also be online tomorrow!
    And (seeing you're not in the comp) could I offer you an extra seat as a judge for thursday?
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

We have the defenative price for the Wingsuit competition longsleeves: € 22,-

They will be black, top quality, special skydivers cut (with longer back). The logo will be a white embroidery. Very very nice.

The shirt has a normal fit. A little body fit and is available in sizes from XS - XXL.

Ordering up front is better. Backorders are possible, but will be more expensive.

Let me know no later than Sunday at noon Dutch time.

Thanks!
    Karin

P.s. a Cypres maintenance voucher with a value of € 150,- will be raffled. Everyone who orders a shirt has a chance of winning one!
    Blue skies & long flights,
    Karin - ©The Pink Bird

We're looking for one flyer, willing to fly in 'our team'

Im sad to say I broke my wrist and 2 ribs practicing (evil!) freeflying in the windtunnel today. So FlyLikeBrick is looking for someone to play substitute in our team.

If you can make it to Spa, and wouldnt mind having some fun with the other boyz, send me a [url http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do%3Dmessage%3Buser%3D341=Send+Private+Message"]PM[url]
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

I want to thank Pierre, Karin, Bo, toomas, Robi and especialy Tristan for sending me really nice messages and phonecalls regaring my broken wrist, and how some would even love to take my slot or postpone the competition..

Too bad its April 1st ;)

Sorry..couldnt resist...
    Im still up and running, touching myself all over, and ready to whoop some ass at Spa.

Even though according to the Belgian Federation, all C208 Caravans have been grounded indefinately due to mechanical problems ;)
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

And side subject..

We have the promise of good weather, and Im off shopping for some truly Dutch prizes (that you'll be capable of taking through customs, sorry jeffB|)

Slighly more than 2 weeks, and then the party is on!

Depending on how well the weather does, we may skip the 'training round' on thursday and get straight to the comp!

JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?