bdrake529

Super Mach 1

p.s. before I get chastised for numbers myopia, I had a blast flying the suit and loved my flights with it. On my 3rd flight, the pilot dropped me off and then circled around to buzz me twice (as we previously agreed), flying alongside roughly 100 feet away. What a thrill!

I went straight to analyzing numbers because as I posted earlier, I primarily bought this suit for solo performance flights. Just because I have a long way to go to fully realize the potential of this suit, doesn't mean I won't love every flight along the way.
Brian Drake

i prefer to always only fly one suit - i use this suit for everything - flying with canopies, acro, max speed, max hangtime everything - like they say - its the indian not the arrow... the suit increases your range tremendously but you have to fly your body to make it happened

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

I have a question for all the Mach 1 & Super Mach 1owners, what kind of fall rate are you able to maintain with these suits (also your height and weight please). I realize that fall rate is just one of many aspects that measure a suits over all performance but it is one that is pretty easy to check. I also understand that most of this depends on the skill of the operator.
For example:
I currently fly a Skyflyer 3, I am 6’ 3” and 225LBS out the door. I can maintain 54 MPH and partial skydives down to 48 mph.

i have a SM1 - weight 82kgs height 182cm
i can fly my suit at 34mph decent rate for a best average so far - just under 40s i can do on demand.
my best before that was in a s3s birdman suit - i did 42mph best decent and around 50 mph on demand,

backflying i used to do 70mph best i can now do low 60s prob better but i have never really needed to push it beyond that.

i am also the most experienced ive ever been in my life since buying this suit - more current and the highest nr of ws jumps.

i am also the most experienced ive ever been in my life since buying this suit - more current and the highest nr of ws jumps.

What a coincidence, I'm also more experienced now than I've ever been before! :P;)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I have a question for all the Mach 1 & Super Mach 1owners, what kind of fall rate are you able to maintain with these suits (also your height and weight please). I realize that fall rate is just one of many aspects that measure a suits over all performance but it is one that is pretty easy to check. I also understand that most of this depends on the skill of the operator.
For example:
I currently fly a Skyflyer 3, I am 6’ 3” and 225LBS out the door. I can maintain 54 MPH and partial skydives down to 48 mph.

On my 3rd M1 jump I averaged 48mph. Getting below 55 average takes very little muscular effort. 5'10" and 185lb out the door.

I hope to improve as I get a better feel for the suit.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

To toss the Ghost in the mix as I am guessing the suits are going go against eachother pretty well

I am getting my neptune averages in the mid/low 40's for full altitude jumps 43mph and 44mph have been very consistant with out getting killed fatigue wise on the jumps. Mind you the bottom of a 150+ second jump I am a little tired :P I am going off the averages not downloading to the computer so I am getting averages at 12, 9, 6 and 3K with FF time and FF speed average over the entire jump.

My weight with out gear is 180lbs with a height of 6'

I will be in Oregon this comming weekend for the All of the Above boogie in Molalla, so hope to get some more flock work done in the Ghost. I know a number of suit types are going to be there but I dont know if any M1 or SM1's will be there.

Scott C.

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

what kind of fall rate are you able to maintain with these suits

i dont own one, but have been flying them enough recently... it depends on how much flying i'vebeen doing all day or days. also most of the time too you aren't maxing out since you could be flockn with much smaller suits or less exp people

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

What a coincidence, I'm also more experienced now than I've ever been before! :P;)

my point exactly ! goes for everyone who gets a new suit hehe B|

i dont suffer from an irony defeciency :D

You know me...I usually don't care about fallrate, but 34 mph average fallrate is fucking impressive. Kudos.

Kris.[/reply

i must add my discliamer thats the fall rate per my two neptunes not gps.

i think Heffro does much better than that - he is build wingsuit perfect by the sound of things

I think Jeff's scored in the 20's

thing is though the forward speed is there whilst attaining such slow descents, I'm sure someone could get a slow fall rate just by de-arching with no real forward speed, don't you agree?
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

I weigh 185. In my SM i am attaining 39-37 mph on command. and thats just my neptune readings. 12 9 6 3. i dont have paralog but i suspect i am getting at least 30. I can do 3 minute flights from regular altitude. and on the other end i can fly it dirty in any flock and do acro with it. And the tail wing does NOT flap.:D

Justin Shorb
Flock U #2
WSI#4

Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

I'm 195 out the door, 6' tall. With my S3, when I was more current my best ever was 36mph averaged for about a minute. I could hit 40mph sustained regularly. BUT my best entire jump average was 47mph as I had no endurance. :( By 2.5 minutes I was usually up to low 50's, and I never did break 3 minutes. I haven't tried something like this in years though.

www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I think Jeff's scored in the 20's

thing is though the forward speed is there whilst attaining such slow descents, I'm sure someone could get a slow fall rate just by de-arching with no real forward speed, don't you agree?

The best Neptune avg for an entire jump I have ever seen Jeff do was 33mph and 205 seconds. That was the first jump of the distance challenge (from 13,500 feet) at FnD 3.0

Chuck