helxen

Finally!

S-Fly Expert

I've put about 50 flights on it already w/o any issues, it is very fun suit to fly.

I still think i did something wrong on exit, since i never practiced exits to back from tailgate before (though it isnt a problem at all when exiting to the door)

Yes definitely make a FLB flight manual on flat spins. I recently spoke with a very experienced wingsuiter who suggested that one learn how to get into a flatspin specifically to learn how to get out of one because it's gonna happen to most of us someday. Sounds very scary but it also makes quite a bit of sense.
BTW-your Video Flight Manuals are excellent.

I have a great flat spin video done by Ed P. on my GTI while in wingsuit training.

I like in your video was doing barrel rolls with my legs apart. Flipped to my back and started the inverted spin on my back. After about 3 turns I back looped out and dove away.

Very scary the first time it happens.

I will see if I can pull this out of my video library and post it to the group.
Working to be the last flyer on a birdman suit. ;-)
Who also flies a tony suit.

Bob, if you (and anyone that has some good video) could upload that or mail it to me (yoursendit.com or something like that) and maybe PM me what you think could be sayd about the right and wrong about whats shown. Then I can turn that into a big FLB flight manual on flatspins.

I would really like these videos to turn into something more then just our personal tips and suggestions. Having the whole community think and film along would be even better..

Flatspins seems like a nice topic.
Openings is also one I have planned.

Any good shots you may have on ANY subject.
PM me, and if possible, upload/send the files somewhere at DV resolution (uncompressed). If needed I can make an FTP folder and mail you a password.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The video showed, as far as I could tell, more of a twisting-tumble. Sure, there were some turns in there, but as far as my old eyes could tell, he seemed to be spending about as much time face to earth as back to earth.

I've always considered a spin simply a fast rotation - no tumbling.

Great video shot. If that dive was done during the Olympics and you were wearing a Speedo instead of a wingsuit, you'd have gotten a "10". :)
-Mike (pondering the definition of a flat spin)

Play like your life depends on it.