NSEMN8R

The Tandus from EG Wingsuits

Then only way I see this working, is by making a pair of wings so little, they only give the passenger the feeling he or she is flying forward..

The tandems Ive seen done done with a wingsuit on passenger and/or tandemmaster added A LOT of complexities to the jump. And those al went well. When things go wrong it can turn into something scary as hell..

well as tremendous increase in flatspin/instability potential with passengers. And adding a drogue to that...sure sounds fun..

Even if its just a tiny wingsuit for the TM. The muscle strain, plus all the handles which are now to be operated by arms with a lot of wing covering it...not something Id send any friend of mine up with..

Aside from the occasional 'stunt' tandemwingsuit jump done with experienced skydivers...Id call it useless and dangerous..

And me calling something dangerous is a big thing:P;)

But Im gladly proven wrong, and eagerly await pictures and or video cuz a website with just text anouncements sux..;):P

And eagerly awaiting the next step....putting people in a wingsuit fresh of AFF...its all safe...B|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I know the relative workshop has forbidden any 'outside specs' skydiving with their rigs/ratings for years. Specificly naming wingsuits even..

Again...I think its cool as a stunt with experienced skydivers..but seeing how little most passengers already 'get' from their normal tandem, they really wont notice the difference, and its only a useless added danger...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

well, they'll be in freefall more than 50-60 seconds. Thats the only benefit I can see.

And with tandempassenger already unable to tell the difference between a 10 second and a 60 second freefall...whats the use?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Is there any picture of Tandus wingsuit available?
On Nick's site there's none.
Is it a wingsuit to be donned by the tandem pilot only or they are two wingsuits to be donned by tandem pilot AND by passenger?
However, any which way it is, it looks like a jolly B.S. to me, as well as an accident waiting to happen :|

Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

If I understand Nick right, the wings will be the same size as the Flockus and RM. The legwing will have separate channels built in front for the students legs. There will be zippers on the front of them so the student can get in after the TM and zip up. The front of the student leg channels will be the same 420 parapack as the rest of the suit, and the back will be Spandex to accomodate different size legs.
The arm wings will have 2 sets of handles. The regular handles and another set on the inside. Only the TMs arms will be inside the arm wings. The student can fly with their arms in or they can bring them out and "help".

He said EG will be starting on the prototype in the next couple weeks.

I'd like to try it with another skydiver before I decide for myself that it's stupid or crazy.

I wonder what the establishment..,,, er eh I mean Chuck Blue has to say about this?:)

I'll go out on a limb and suggest he may agree with my assessment that to do this sort of thing with first time jumpers is fucking retarded, will cause an incident, will endanger the student and instructor needlessly, will jeopardize tandem jumping when there is an accident, and is illegal according to manufacturers and the USPA.

What do ya think Chuck?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

will jeopardize tandem jumping when there is an accident

jeopardize tandemjumping....see how much it will help our beautifull dicipline..

I hope that's a joke, because if not, it's incredibly short sighted.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.