mbondvegas

Pimped My Prodigy

Attached is a Pic of version 1 of my pimped out Prodigy. We added about 7 inches to the legwing and 2 inches to the arm wings.

Test flights tomorrow...

I say version 1 because I am pretty sure we will need to do a little tweaking on the armwing attachment points to maintain the tension to the tip of the wings. Most likely we will just add an additional attachment point at the tip and mounted lower on the pants while maintaining the original attachment point as well. We added stiffner from the attachment point to the lower edge, but I can see that while that may prevent some flapping...it will probably not prevent the inside part of the extension from just folding back under the pressure of the relative wind...we'll see.

(Note: Yes I know that this sort of experimentation can be dangerous.)
- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Color matches perfectly...did you just use ordinary ZP vs the 1.9 Oz Balloon stuff that PF uses?

OSOK,

The performance will definately go up but there is no point investing in a prodigy with the intention of modding it.

Unless you are super skinny or a BASE jumper, go for a acro or phantom or any of the other equivalent suits and save your shoulders.

Kris

The additions are the same fabric PF uses.

I did 5 flights on the suit. My average vertical speeds were 60MPH which is the same as pre-mod (I'm about 6'2" and 240 Exit Weight....I know...I need to to lose some weight). My forward speed improved slightly...very slightly. :|

I was expecting some weird control differences...if anything, it is less twitchy and easier to manuever. However the arm wing extensions love to cover my hackey.[:/] It was pretty easy to flip out of the way...but still a pain given the lack of significant performance improvement. There is probably some performance left. Pre-Mod, when I was maxing out, I would totally de-arch and flex my legs. When I rolled my shoulders and looked down, I could see my feet and flat body. Post-Mod, I can feel the additional force low on the tail wing and have a difficult time fully lowering my feet...if I can manage to lower my feet fully and fully de-arch...maybe the performance improvements will show.

Obviously, I am a pretty novice jumper and wingsuit pilot...so others results may vary.

I did manage to get the most incredible amount of line twist ever after I burbled my pilot chute on the last jump. The bag twisted at least 4 times before opening (i.e. there were 4+ full twist before the slider inflated fully) and it continued to twist upon opening...I had at least 20 twist when it stopped (seriously). Big kudos to the docile nature of my big ass Triathlon for flying straight and steady even when the twist where all the way up the lines and half way down my risers. Kicking out of 20+ line twist is a dizzying experience...

All that said, it was a fun experiment! :)

- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.