bdrake529

Apache?

PF has gone in a new direction with the Ghost. Why can't other manufacturers do the same?

Kris.

Is the Ghost a new direction or a product for people who can't change direction? Time aloft number chasers as an example. Floaty flocks.

If you are a heavy stocky dude or need more surface area to balance the drag from huge cameras then I can see it.

"Just take a look at 'Fly the line'. The V2 itself can be improved a lot by making the armwing inflation more consistent."

it is comments like these that make no sense. what the hell are you talking about? please enlighten me.
enjoy,
luka
---------------------------------
canyon bar

I was refering to Arm wing flap Luka.

To make it even more clear.

Look at how the air entering the shoulder inlets has to travel along the body adjacent to the cutaway tabs to reach the leg sleeve. Cutaway tabs are used as air inlets in many suits. So the bottom cutaway tabs would be inlets and the top cutaway tabs would be outlets.

This would make the performance of the suit very sensitive to how the tabs are made. I can put a finger thru the gap at the top of the tabs on each side. If I take the suit to the DZ(flying a canopy I won't jump wingsuit with) this weekend I'll post a picture.

Also note how there is less restriction for the air to move along the body and to the leg sleeve than for the air to move towards the far part of the arm wing.

Kris.

kris,
with correct body position(arms, legs, torso) there is no chance of any wing flaping. the flaping that occurs manifests itself from the leg sleeves where there is excess material aroung the calf muscle. this was filmed from ground and inflight cameras. i think this has to be made slightly larger so you can jump the suit in summer and winter where more clothing/bigger boots are required.
luka
canyon bar

kris,
with correct body position(arms, legs, torso) there is no chance of any wing flaping. the flaping that occurs manifests itself from the leg sleeves where there is excess material aroung the calf muscle. this was filmed from ground and inflight cameras. i think this has to be made slightly larger so you can jump the suit in summer and winter where more clothing/bigger boots are required.
luka

Do you realize that you are implying that Robi is flying using an incorrect body position ? :P;):)
The suit design has some flaws and you will see that yourself when Robi releases the next version.

This is why I want many manufacturers to make BASE suits. Especially TonySuits, because they seem to have been working on consistently inflating wings.

Kris.

P.S: Anyone posting the pics of the Apache?

WHAT????? So Robi could care less about wing inflation when he and a majority of the proximity flyers are doing wingsuit BASE??? That is ridiculous. Lets see which environment is more important to get your wing inflated and flying hhmmmmmmmmm. All that being said Robi has been building commercial wingsuits long enough (longer than anyone alive quite possibly) that there is always room for enhancements. I guess this has become another who's suit is better than another. Oh well. Funny how the companies change. Gotta give Tony credit he knows how to Market oh and it helps to have been building jump suits and having a name in the skydiving industry.

this back and forth shit is what makes forums useless a lot of the time because none of us back up what we are saying, there is always someone who knows more etc. my comments about flapping were directly tied to robert and james filming each other in flight at close range and for a long time in the base environmet.
ok i am done, guess you will win because i will not reply to this anymore.
enjoy,
luka
canyon bar

I guess this has become another who's suit is better than another.

Only in your mind.

All I am saying is that there is room for improvement on the V2 (more consistent inflation of the arm wings. The legwing has solid inflation BTW) and that it is beneficial to everyone if more manufacturers make wingsuits for BASE.

I want more choice.

Kris.

the legwing is definately larger than the vampires. its hard to see in the picture but is wider and longer. thats why the legwing is wrinkled in the pic. cause it is sitting on the ground. ill post a pic of it with full tension this weekend.:)
Justin Shorb
Flock University

Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

Solid arm wing inflation is more important than leg sleeve inflation.

The shoulder inlets also inflate the legsleeve. To do this the air has to inflate the body of the suit first. Look at the location of the shoulder inlet and the paths the air has to take to inflate the armwing and the legsleeve. The air will prefer to flow down the body to the legsleeve vs force itself into the end cells of the armwing. If the wrist is just a tad loose, the air will want to leak out from there instead of inflate the end cells.

Its not rocket science.

The inflation is closely tied to the volume of the suit. To inflate the suit a given Net* amount of air must enter the suit per sec. Are the inlets dependent on the net volume they have to supply air to?

To supply air to a suit with more volume, the inlets must be bigger or the speed at which the inlet is moving thru the air must be faster. In other words, the inlets will only provide the required level of inflation in certain conditions.

This is what makes the performance of the suit very closely tied to fit. A bit too loose and arm wings may not inflate correctly.

Kris.
* air is entering and leaving the suit from several places, not only the designated inlets and outlets.

we have made and tested suits with no inflation ( single skin wings ) and they fly everybit as good as inflated suits, the only drawback was extra fatigue after two and a half minutes of flight;)

BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

we have made and tested suits with no inflation ( single skin wings ) and they fly everybit as good as inflated suits, the only drawback was extra fatigue after two and a half minutes of flight;)

We have a long way to go...

Justin,

Based on what I have seen, I'll skip buying this version of the suit.

Have you flown the Apache steep? I mean like 10-15 degrees steep? Please post your findings or PM me.

That is how steep wingsuits must be flown for best glide during a BASE flight.

Kris.

Brilliant now thats REAL R&D. We don't want Tony doing any of that stuff we like him a lot here in Z Hills. Maybe Jeff can do it. I think he did a PCA from a local A with POTATO HEAD!!! Uggg Jeff don't do it you guys need to find another test dummy for this.

No Jagged rocks but I have done 70 mph down the highway sticking out the sunroof of a honda accord,

will that do? it was a V6

As the old saying goes: "With out pictures it did NOT happen!" ;)

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

No Jagged rocks but I have done 70 mph down the highway sticking out the sunroof of a honda accord,

will that do? it was a V6

I want to do that at the burning man festival while dressed like jesus, but they got that whole no cars thing.
It probably won't do but admitting it is much better than claims of "wind tunnel tested" appearing in the owners manual.:D