Rai

Cobolt for Wingsuit

the H mod. cobolt just like x-brace as in searching opening wild ride or do they line twist too, my cobolt over 550 jump I only got like 3 or 4 line twist (2 turn the most)
and the opening is nice and soft anyways.
but I have not use it for WS, I use safire 139 right now it's pain caring around 2 rigs
"A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones ..."

have you dump in track with cobolt befor ? I was just wondering how the openig in track is
nice one on the everest that is my life long dream to to everest or K2

have a goody al
"A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones ..."

the H mod. cobolt just like x-brace as in searching opening wild ride or do they line twist too,

Mostly searching during the openings at the slower speeds of a WS deployment but they take so long and the whole time you are descending on your tail which doesn't help trying to sit symmetrical in the harness.

Lighter loadings and line twists with cobalts typically does not guarantee a dive but any dive with the H-mod means a more aggressive longer lasting dive than the same size regular un H-modded cobalt.

Two of the H-mod benefits, among a few others that are suited for regular skydives, are slower openings and steeper dives. You just don't need slower openings for wingsuiting. For wingsuiting the deployment is the critical path. Getting through it smoothly, softly and symmetrically are much better than lingering in the snivel longer than you need to. A dacron lined base style canopy can open very quick and still be soft believe it or not.

Long snivels are great for higher freefall speed deployment.

I have about 340 wingsuit jumps under a cobalt 95 loaded just over 2.1

because i choose to jump a small canopy, my hard deck is 5000' to deploy, just in case,.

so far only 1 deployment with bad twists, and no cut-aways, yet.

i am extremely comfortable deploying cobalts in a track, and they are my first choice for wingsuit jumps.
although in general i would recommend a lighter wingloading.
Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)

because i choose to jump a small canopy, my hard deck is 5000' to deploy, just in case,.

That is like getting more than the 60 seconds of a regular skydive plus a hop and pop on the end for canopy fun. With the gas prices jacking jump ticket rates more of us should look into that.:ph34r: