garbageman

High Alt. wing suit

Does anyone know where O2 equipment can be purchased? All these comments about the you-toob vid.But ever try to find the gear?Ive got the helmet/mask,need the regulator,bottles,and adapter.So far none of the mfr's will sell to a private party.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The real problem is the hard parts,Av.Ox is easy to come by and refilling bottles is not a problem,I need a line on the reg,bottles,and adapter,or the physical dynamics of the systems so I can duplicate them with a custom set-up..ie...demand vs. constant flow."X" Liters per minute at"X" psi.These are important as the gentex equipment I own is designed to function around certain design parameters....Scott

Thanks for the reply,scuba not only has a different gas CO2 vs. O2,but the delivery means are desined a low speed non-mounted mouth piece.Spare Air is also an emergency devices meant to keep a person alive long enough to surface expediantly.It has a very low volume(typicaly 15-20 breaths for the larger size).Also spare air has the reg. on top of the tank not attached by hose but directly mounted to the tank.....the search goes on.......

I'm assuming you're intending on using the MBU-12, in which case you would need to use the set up attached below. None of the mfgrs will sell to you direct so your best bet is to find a distributor and or DRMO sales to potentially get a hold of what you need. Keep in mind though that a DRMO item may or may not be suitable for use. There are civilian available bottles and masks that may also fit the bill but they are not cheap.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

any leads on a DRMO contact?,Ive found that most gear that has gone to drmo has defectects that could be repaired if a little more effort was applied.That Civy gear is not made for freefall,and is cheap compared good quality mil.spec equip.I know you are the main bird man these days,what do you know about the Gibraltar Jump? What I plan for the gear arrangement(I hope) is one bottle strap to each calf Inside the leg wing,with the hi-low reg between the thighs near the inlet.From what little I saw of the Gibraltar jump it Appears as though a bag was made to hold the bottles on either side of the container,no idea who made it or with what components........Scott

Pictured is a twin 53 setup that I use at work and it is not for sale. The O2 system used on the Gibralter jump used the MBU-12 mask and a different configuration of the airox 8 for use on the console. The O2 supply hose is standard as is the regulator but is appears that they might have used a single 120 bottle on at least one jump but a single, smaller bottle was used on others.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING