Sylvain

Texel wingsuit Boogie (August)

I will probably be there. Depends a bit on the finances :S Texel is awesome...

If anybody doesn't want to sleep in the dorm rooms, I know some farms who rent out rooms and have campsites. Send me a private message if you want me to help you out with finding a place.

And please, leave the sheep alone guys... they had enough in April during the Queensday boogie :P

Blue skies & long flights,
Karin - ©The Pink Bird

If anyone needs a ride or just wants to share petrol & ferry costs:
I will be driving on Friday morning (Aug 3) from Amsterdam to the DZ on Texel.
Have place for 1 extra in my car.
Sunday evening (Aug 5) back to Amsterdam. Unless the weather is too awful... But I still believe we will have blue skies and a acceptable breeze... :) All the rain is pooring down on Holland now, so there isn't any left in August B|

If you have a car, it's easy to park at my place.
Let me know in a private message.

Karin - ©The Pink Bird

Small update (from talking to the DZ owner)

- boogie registration 50 euro's
- altitude 12.000 ft, 14.000/15.000 ft on special jumps

Depending on who's coming from the UK (Andy Ford I hope!) there isnt any other organising for wingsuits arranged on this side of the pond for the boogie.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The boogie fee wasn't decided on yet, but they said it would probably be between 40 and 50 euro's.
A LOT. And not even Fly Like Brick as organizers :P
Jumps are 25 euro to 12.000 or 13.000.
Prices for higher altitudes not known yet.

They say there weren't enough people who appreciated the high altitude jumps last year, so they don't do that anymore, unless people insist. (So why on earth do they call it a High Altitude Boogie????)

This is all way to vague for me.
If you are there, you already had the costs of petrol (for me not so much because I live in NL) and the boat (35 euro), so you don't go back and have no choice but paying what they ask.

I guess this makes me doubt if I should go.
If I jump in Belgium I have the same altitude and pay 16 euro for a jump...

So..... what do you guys think about this?

Karin - ©The Pink Bird

ok, just got off the phone with texel.
I told them people are coming there for the extra altitude, so they agreed to keep it high altitude (normal altitude is 12.5 K here)B|;)

The altitude will be 15.000 ft all weekend, and they will aim for a few 'special' higher loads on top of that.

Alejandro (FlyLikeBrick.com) will be doing loadorganising for fri/sat/sunday (arriving thursday)

I'll also try and get an extra Blade demo with him for people willing to try.

You can stay at www.hoteldekievit.nl (give em a call, tell em you're a skydiver) or Karin (aka Kaat) also found a nice cheap place to stay, maybe post some info on that here?

The aim for the weekend is small group and good tight technical flying.
If you're coming to texel, please send an email to [email protected], so we have a bit of an idea what to expect.

if you're interested in a first flight course, let us know, and we'll work on getting your sorted!

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Yeah, I will be there for all the dudes and dudettes that want to enjoy some organized flocks and improved their skills. The aim is to have groups not bigger than 6 wingsuiters to maximize the learning process.

If Jari and Andy are there we can organize bigger groups as the weekend moves on. One important note, we will check the flight skills of everyone to put them in the right size flock, afterall we don't want to have any middair collisions, do we? B|

See you all there, and as Jarno said, send us a mail with your details ([email protected]) to have an idea of the number of people we will count on.

Remember, don't forget to smile
Alejandro

Texel changed their plans for loadorganising, number of people coming, altitude jumped etc so frequently that nobody really knew what was going on.

Up to the last point, we got told to come to texel, and then again stay home because they cancelled the boogie. etc etc.

In the end, everyone (I think) decided on the safe option...which is not going...

Too bad, as the weather was incredible. But when a DZ organises a boogie, some basic info on if its actually happening is always nice if you expect people to show up:P

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?