BlindBrick

The Bluebird of Heaviness

Just wanted to post a pic of my new Mach One, or as some of my friends are calling it my new Anvil One.
Just going out on a limb here, but since I'm 5'11 and 320 lbs, I'm guessing it's the largest that Tony's ever made.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

or an F16 maybe
:)

Nah, more like an A-10. I'm slow and butt ugly, but I'm also tough as hell and get the job done. ;)

And for all the boys and girls reading, Tony personally went in to the shop on a Sunday so as to ship me my Mach One just three days after I ordered it. He is da man!

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Ask me again in a month, and I'll have a much better idea. I've been down for container repairs for the last 7 weeks, and when you're my size, everything's custom so you can't just borrow another rig. Got my rig back yesterday, so I'll be back in the air this weekend.

My impressions so far though have been that my forward speed is tremendous. Compared to my Prodigy, I'm covering, more distance. Also, with my Prodigy I had to slow down for 3 seconds before I pitched, with my SM1, I have to wait a minimum of 5.

Performance-wise, I really don't have any numbers. Once I switched to the SM1, Paralog, just went flaky on me. It'll do stuff like say I had a 3 second freefall but plot me over half a mile of freefall on the GoogleEarth map. I've never seen anything that would indicate that Klaus puts out a shoddy product, so I think it's probably just a case of me falling outside the range of the algorithms, and I just haven't emailed him about ti yet. Since my rig was down anyway, I sent my Vigil in to get the logs downloaded. When I get those back next week, I hope to be able to compare them with the raw GPS data to get some accurate numbers.

-Blind

Dude.....me you and Ryan could totally do a big way.........with the three of us Let's see, your what like 350 out the door, Ryan is we'll call it the same and I am a measely 265 = 965 lbs. Daaaaaaaaaaamn that's like half a ton, it could be the smallest big way!!

I would like to point out that I would be the smallest person on this dive, it doesn't happen often.

I'll be down over Thanksgiving....Holla.

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

Somebody call Darius. Anybody who's met him knows hes a pretty big guy, casual guess between 270-290.
I ran him through a FFC a year or so ago, then we went up. He dropped straight down for a few seconds in a strange sort of flat-spiral, not a spin, really, just sorta hunting for a heading and building up vertical speed. To stay with him I was forced to gradually go into a fullblown head-down. Then, when he stopped rotating he got a solid handle on his heading, levelled off, kicked his wings in like nitrous, and took off toward the horizon so fast all I could do at first was hang there and gape at him like "what the fuck..."
Jumptown's field is one of those big triangular airports about a mile across. I have him on video crossing that airfield in less than ten seconds. I gave up on linear pursuit, kept an eye on him and cut the corner across one part of the triangle to intercept so I wouldn't lose him entirely, managed to video him through his opening. For awhile he was by far the fastest moving human being I have ever seen. He hit horizontal speeds in an old Birdman GTI that some people couldn't hit straight down in one of those latex suits off the Racer poster while carrying an anvil. It was one of the most impressive first flights I've seen to date.
If you guys built a big bird way you'd leave shockwaves that'd set off car alarms for a 10 mile radius. I wanna see that. You guys should come on up here and hang out.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Dam, you guys give me hope. I'm a bigger guy, but next to you guys, I guess I would be considered small at ~230 out the door. What I'm more encouraged about is the performance you guys are getting out of your suits. I bought a used on here and it's way to small, so I'm hoping to get Tony to make me one real soon too. Dam, I'm glad that I found this thread.

BK :)

Tony makes some fantastic suits, I enjoyed all of the ones I had a chance to fly, if you have the time you should compare against the Phoenix-Fly Phantom or Ghost, if you contact Robert or Kathy at Morpheus they can probably hook you up and you'd be able to side-by-side compare in the same day.

Preach on, preach on, preach on

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!