SkyDivinRyan

Flock and Dock 3.5

I think it should be done from full altitude, thats the height we jump from, suits are made for that height,
or designers will be making suits with wings just for short flight's that cant be jumpd from higher as it will kill your arms,
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

I wouldn't mind a five grand to opening low-altitude distance challenge, but make no mistake: that is not my any means a real physical test. I routinely get a minute of freefall on five grand hop and pops (dumping at three) and they are fun, but it's much more impressive to me to see guys getting out FAR, far away and still flying over the opening area from 13,500. It's also fun to see the sucky people not even make it onto the airport on those jumps.

Ultimately, if you are not fit enough to go full-on from full altitude you probably ought to buy a smaller suit if you are going to ever skydive in it.

Chuck

I think it should be done from full altitude, thats the height we jump from, suits are made for that height,
or designers will be making suits with wings just for short flight's that cant be jumpd from higher as it will kill your arms,

I agree completely, Tony. Flock and Dock is a wingsuit skydiving event; not a BASE event. People with weak arms need not apply to the distance challenge.

We stayed in The Quality Inn for F&D 3.0 and we were pleased. Very nice place, very friendly to skydivers and close to the DZ. We will be staying here.

Quality Inn & Suites (FL688)
6815 Gall Blvd. , Zephyrhills, FL, US, 33542
Phone: (813) 762-2000 Fax: (813) 762-0030
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

Any new adds to this list??? All you wing suit pilots, push your friends to join in the fun !!!!

1. Scott B. (Notsane)
2. Mike M. (Gray Mike)
C. Sean H. (Monkycndo)
4. Scott Gray (The Brothers Gray)
5. Chris Gray (The Brothers Gray)
6. Justin Shorb (Flock U)
7. Ryan Desjardins (Soon to bee Canadian Flocker)
8. Bob Futrell (FlyinBob)
9. Mark M
10. Phil Peggs
11. Matt Hoover
12. Mike Rinehart (Missingparts)
13. Frank Boluk
14. Scotty Burns (scottygofast)
15. Robert Kelley (ROK)
16. Jeff Nebelkopf (Heffro1)
17. Tony Uragallo (Tony Suits)
18. Chuck Blue (SkymonkeyONE)
19. Todd S (DaMan)
20. Michelle (EmLo)
21. "The" Le Roy (leroydb)
22. Dan M (arai)
23. BJ Alexander
24. Tyler (jumpinfly)
25. Mark (normiss)
26. Lurch (Flock U)
27. Crip (affalcon)
28. Kevin O (kevin922)
29. Travis J "Chunks"
30. MexTony
31. Katee (rkymtnhigh)-will do my bestest
32. Katie (katiebear21)
33. Paul (Pilot Paul)
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

I agree completely, Tony. Flock and Dock is a wingsuit skydiving event; not a BASE event. People with weak arms need not apply to the distance challenge.

I'm not a BASE jumper but the fact that we held the Max glide test in the middle of the day between some lengthly flocks insured that not everybody would be fresh to give it 110% from full altitude. There was no way I could measure up to the stamina of some of the 20 something year old mountain climber types also in the challenge. The majority of the guys in high performance suits still covered over a mile from 6 to in the saddle above 2, for some of us that included the whole sport canopy deployment for others with a base canopy shoehorned into a skydiving rig, more flight time and less math.

This was a "buy-in" event winner take all, put your money where your flock is. I absolutely knew I would not win but I did it for fun and friendly competition. I was, for me, the most fun jump of the event. I could not have realistically participated from full altitude after flocking all day. From 6 I held my own.

Real drag races are held from the quarter mile. You can still hold a 24 hours of Lemans type challenge from full altitude if you like.

Okie so once again for the non-locals, what are you guys planning on doing accomodation wise? Or am I pretty much the only non-local

You can either rent a trailer (decent RV campers) on the DZ from Pip and Judy Redvers (they have around eight) or you can just stay with me, Kevin. I have plenty of room. Pip and Judy charge $25 a night.

Chuck

I am totally cool with both races, Glen. Like I said, I have gotten in the habit of just busting out five grand "hop and pops" on slow weekdays when there is no one to flock with. What's super-cool about those is that all the non-wingsuiters get to see you NAIL IT out the door and go forever. I am in the habit of getting out early (before the swoopers) pop hard and go left about 100 feet, then let the swoopers fall past me to the right and open. It's a fantastic visual and everyone in the plane is like "holy shit, that dude is still going (and going, and going). Nice.

Chuck

One more added - Total now at 34

1. Scott B. (Notsane)
2. Mike M. (Gray Mike)
3. Sean H. (Monkycndo)
9. Mark M
10. Phil Peggs
11. Matt Hoover (111)
13. Frank Boluk
15. Robert Kelley (ROK)
19. Todd S (DaMan)
20. Michelle (EmLo)
22. Dan M (arai)
23. BJ Alexander
24. Tyler (jumpinfly)
25. Mark (normiss)
26. Lurch (Flock U)
27. Crip (affalcon)
28. Kevin O (kevin922)
29. Travis J "Chunks"
30. MexTony
31. Katee (rkymtnhigh)
32. Katie (katiebear21)
33. Paul (Pilot Paul)
34. Nick Rugai
www.thebrothersgray.com

Then why not do a low one and have Heffro jump the apache since it is a BASE suit. Then you can have all the oversized floaty suits do one from Max altitude. I think the interesting thing is to see who has the fastest forward speed and can travel the furthest distance, not who works out the most or who the skinniest or who has the best body habitus for wingsuit flying. Take big Ry Ry for instance. The next question is then is it a manufacturers challenge or a competitors challenge??? Sounds alot like swooping is that canopy actually a faster canopy or is the Pilot that much better and could he or she kick everyones ass under any manufacturer. B|

1. Scott B. (Notsane)
2. Mike M. (Gray Mike)
3. Sean H. (Monkycndo)
9. Mark M
10. Phil Peggs
11. Matt Hoover (111)
13. Frank Boluk
15. Robert Kelley (ROK)
19. Todd S (DaMan)
20. Michelle (EmLo)
22. Dan M (arai)
23. BJ Alexander
24. Tyler (jumpinfly)
25. Mark (normiss)
26. Lurch (Flock U)
27. Crip (affalcon)
28. Kevin O (kevin922)
29. Travis J "Chunks"
30. MexTony
31. Katee (rkymtnhigh)
32. Katie (katiebear21)
33. Paul (Pilot Paul)
34. Nick Rugai
35. James Lovaas
36. Tony Dommer
Play like your life depends on it.

Scott has a bunch of cool (and challenging) jumps planned. I doubt there will be much time to do more than one distance challenge.

The Challenge is usually held early in the day so you will be fresh.

Plan on getting out 3-4 miles from the peas (depending on which round) and fly back over the DZ.

Is it the horse or the rider?
Is it the car or the driver?
Is it the wingsuit or the pilot?
Answer = yes. It's a combination of both.

Don't expect a drag race at a formula track. :)
-Mike

Play like your life depends on it.

Might I suggest from some of the other fnd's I have seen is there are alot of different levels of ability. The low number flyers seem to get left out and are not as agressive about getting included. Depending on whom is getting the organizer slots possibly they can take turns doing smaller flocks with some of the low time guys and possibly getting a list of them etc. Rob and Kath get jump numbers as part of registration so it would be easy to find who these people are and make sure they too get involved. Just a suggestion.

1. Scott B. (Notsane)
2. Mike M. (Gray Mike)
3. Sean H. (Monkycndo)
4. Scott Gray (The Brothers Gray) - Aerobat / SM1 - 5'6" 165lbs w/equip
5. Chris Gray (The Brothers Gray) - Aerobat / SM1 - 5'7" 155lbs w/equip
9. Mark M
10. Phil Peggs
11. Matt Hoover (111)
13. Frank Boluk
15. Robert Kelley (ROK)
19. Todd S (DaMan)
20. Michelle (EmLo)
22. Dan M (arai)
23. BJ Alexander
24. Tyler (jumpinfly)
25. Mark (normiss)
26. Lurch (Flock U)
27. Crip (affalcon)
28. Kevin O (kevin922)
29. Travis J "Chunks"
30. MexTony
31. Katee (rkymtnhigh)
32. Katie (katiebear21)
33. Paul (Pilot Paul)
34. Nick Rugai
35. James Lovaas
36. Tony Dommer
www.thebrothersgray.com

The next question is then is it a manufacturers challenge or a competitors challenge??? Sounds alot like swooping is that canopy actually a faster canopy or is the Pilot that much better and could he or she kick everyones ass under any manufacturer.

It's an individual challenge. Jeff is free to jump whatever suit he likes; he chooses his own personal creation: the SM1 (these days). Robi jumped a very-modified Super-V2 last time. I am not sure whether Gray Mike jumped his S3 or his Mach 1 last time.

Regardless of altitude, I am sure Jeff is going to be jumping his SM1. Regardless of altitude, I am sure Robi will jump his SV2 (if he is here).

The next question is then is it a manufacturers challenge or a competitors challenge??? Sounds alot like swooping is that canopy actually a faster canopy or is the Pilot that much better and could he or she kick everyones ass under any manufacturer.
-------------------------------------------------------
its no different than PD wanting there Velocity to win over an Icarus canopy or Precision's in the swoop meets,

or Ford wanting there car to beat Ferrari , they spend a lot of money tweeking there product to win these race's,

in the end, all the good stuff they discover by taking it to the limit come's back to the consumer,
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

Since no one has started a list, I'll assume that there's limited interest in a "distance challenge".

FYI ... Z-Hills is still going to be on summer hours ... closed Tuesday and Wednesday. If there is enough interest I can get TK to open the DZ on Wednesday. Feel free to start a list if you plan on jumping on Wednesday. I'll be there Thursday afternoon through Sunday PM.

Distance Challenge List -

1) Scott Gray
2) Chris Gray
3)
4)
5)

Wednesday Jumping Interest List -

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
www.thebrothersgray.com

Chris Gray, be on the lookout for a new bird from VA that joined the flock over the weekend at the Pepperell boogie. Lonnie did a flight on Sunday and rocked. I am pretty sure he will be down at Z-Hills the weekend of Flock 'n Dock so hopefully you will get to jump with him and see him around at your home DZ.