SkyDivinRyan

Flock and Dock 3.5

What is everyone's plans for lodging? You guys pitching tents or what?

Why dont you sleep in the Otter there,,,,,,, Mr Pilot.... :P

Congrats on your new private pilot's license Brother ;) When your over this way again I'll show you how to land a plane on a grass strip in between the vineyards. :)

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Justin,

We're probably going to have two groups; mine and Chuck's. So I doubt there will be space for a #3. I appreciate the offer though .. I'll probably take you up on it for 4.0. BTW, I've been thinking about some dives for 3.5 ..... How about the "Rodeo Flock", "Diamond Ring", "Oreo Cookie", "The Cube", "Falling Diamonds" or the "Flying Vagina w/ penetration 2.0"?

I'm going to need 2 or 3 people who can flock together with a rider aboard apiece. Any volunteers?

Scott

How about the "Rodeo Flock", "Diamond Ring", "Oreo Cookie", "The Cube", "Falling Diamonds" or the "Flying Vagina w/ penetration 2.0"?

I'm going to need 2 or 3 people who can flock together with a rider aboard apiece. Any volunteers?

Scott

I'll try anything once...

I might be able to get 3D renderings for the dives, if it would help out (PM me).

Missed you guys on Sunday - see you soon!
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

I've done a couple Birdeos. One went real smooth, one less so because the rider wasn't strong enough to pull herself up without distorting my leg wing. If you are short a horsy, I'll give it another go.

:ph34r:boy

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

We'll probably just have 2 rodeo fliers since I can't imagine 3 getting out and being able to fly together. I'm sure Purple Mike will be up for it too. We'll build a flock around those rodeo fliers. At 6 or 7K the riders bail off and do a 2-way after we fly off. I've got a couple of other ideas using rodeo fliers ...

I'm good for it... I've taken maybe a dozen rodeos, 3 of which went haywire. 2 were riders didn't follow directions and one was just plain poor planning and rehearsal on my part. One recent one I had 2 other birds flying with me at the time resulting in awesome video, 100% successful dive plan, rider deployed off my back. Gimme a passenger, lets do it.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

We'll probably just have 2 rodeo fliers since I can't imagine 3 getting out and being able to fly together. I'm sure Purple Mike will be up for it too. We'll build a flock around those rodeo fliers. At 6 or 7K the riders bail off and do a 2-way after we fly off. I've got a couple of other ideas using rodeo fliers ...

I've never done a two way rodeo out of an otter though.. the one that I did do was out of a tailgate.. not sure how well that's going to work timing wise.

I've never done one but I've chased them. :)
Seems to me that besides wing loading (light as possible), it's important that you get a fairly well matched pair. Of course, the slower the rodeos fall the better chances of getting a flock together.

If you've done these before, maybe you could post your exit-open altitudes, delay/vert velocity numbers so we can get an idea about what kind of range of speeds and times we're looking at.

Time to go to the gym - I can imagine it is a killer to keep it maxed out for the entire flight. :)

Play like your life depends on it.

We've flown 3 rodeos together about two years back at teuge (johan, saskia and me being the flyers if I recall)

Two got together. The third one had a bit of a tumble on exit and lost quite a lot of altitude. But its definately not impossible.

Steve and Duncan did a 2 way in spain, with 2 chicks on the back and flew within a meter of eachother all the way..

If people nail the exit, the actual flying of a 2, 3 or even 4 way would not be completely impossible.

Trying to chase another rodeo, as a rodeo flyer, just feels like youre driving a big truck...not completely responsive to all your imputs..but roughly doing what you want it to.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I'm trying to decide if thats a gay reference or a pooping one...:D:D:D

huckleberry:
the art of mounting your lady with he on her side bottom leg out at 90 degrees, the other on top of one of your shoulders. while you are inserted you can play with the huckle(butt and anus) with one hand, and the berry (vagina)with the other.
"My ole lady loves it when I finish with the huckleberry."

OR

huckleberry

When your dogs poop gets stuck on the fur of it's ass.
"We had to take out dog a bath every time he shits himself because he always ends up with a bunch of huckleberries."

We 're going to try something a little different this year in regard to keying formation changes, etc. On my loads I'm going to equip Matt (the videographer) with an FRS radio since he's the only flyer that has a view of the entire formation.

He'll have a button attached to his left hand so he can send out a "beep" or series of beeps to indicate agreed upon events (like formation completion). I'll have an FRS radio with an earpiece in my helmet so I can hear it and react accordingly. Two beeps might mean the formation is complete, continuous beeps might mean there is traffic ahead and a solid tone might mean Matt has had a seizure. :)
If you'd like to join in and hear the keys you'll need an FRS radio capable of using CTCC codes and an earpiece that can be mounted in your helmet.

After we've had a chance to make a few jumps to iron out the problems I'll post the channel and CTCC code. That should be all you need!

Scott

Alright everyone .... let's borg up ... "the flock shall move right ---- beep." : )

I'm in, assimulate me.
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

Scott, I have an actual air to air system that you can speak to one another with while in flight/freefall/windtunnel/aircraft that we used in Germany to key the exits from both aircraft. A few of the guys that were at Summerfest saw it and used it as well. If you or anyone else is interested in it, let me know.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Scott,

I considered asking you about the air to air voice system, but since Matt has a mouth full of bite switch I don't think he'd be very understandable.

Thanks anyway!

Scott

Well, then it sounds like you will have to send up a "Coach" to fly along the sidelines barking out orders! Live action berating during a skydive, oh the humanity of it all..... :P

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

since Matt has a mouth full of bite switch I don't think he'd be very understandable.

Not a problem. I've used the system with my bite switch on several occasions during FFCs. The mic is located inside the ear and rests along the wearers jawbone so you don't have to move your lips or open your mouth any wider than it takes to hold a bite switch for your voice to be transmitted clearly. If you want a full run down of the system shoot me a PM.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING