unclecharlie95

Greetings from Stupino!

Off subject a bit, but I would like to note/agree that the Prodigy is quite impressive given its wing size. I have been flocking quite succesfully with a guy with a BM-GTI and another with a TS-Raptor. In fact, on the max flight dives we have done, the Prodigy has allowed me to fly considerably further than the GTI and quite a bit further than the Raptor.
- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Dear Yuri
I am a relatively novice wing suit pilot and a BASE jumper. I will appreciate if you publish some GPS data, for example, flights from terminal wall in Italy, of you and your friends – top wing suit pilots. I believe these feasible data will be a perfect illustration of possible flight performance and also be a target performance for beginners.

edit for site name/location ~TA

Thanks for all the info Yuri. I realize you've flown with Robi many times, but IMHO I think you're shorting him some credit. I've flown with him so to say anyone can fly a V2 .5 better than his best in the Vx is difficult to fathom unless you're comparing dissimilar environments (sky vs base).

Please read and understand what Yuri said in that post. Your interpretation of it is wrong.

Kris.

Thanks, have reread and don't see what you're hinting at I must've gotten a different interpretation due to the overall clarity. I did see that Yuri was able to equal one of Robi's flights. Honestly though, I've got better, more productive things to spend my time and energy on than pointless internet squabble, so nevermind. Not that there's anything wrong with pointless internet squabble, please continue... ;):P

"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Thanks, have reread and don't see what you're hinting at I must've gotten a different interpretation due to the overall clarity. I did see that Yuri was able to equal one of Robi's flights.

Yup, there can be confusion when people talk about numbers. Especially when L/D from BASE flights with ultra thin and light rigs are compared to L/D from skydives.

Quotes from Yuri's post.

Robi did 2 maxed-out flights in the 90 minutes before comp jump - that should have automatically disqualified him as a perfomance pilot for at least a couple of hours. It is impossible to fly this tired.

That is already a sizable pool of people who fly Vampires at, as i just said, .5 better than Jeff personally and 1 (thats L/D we started with on Classics) then top M1 pool average. So it IS the suit, on average!

Here is some math for you: the best 3 Vampire pilots i know presently fly at roughly 0.5 L/D better than Robi's (and yours) comp flights. That, Jeff, is a HUGE difference.

The above is talk about Z-Flock comp L/D.

If you are talking about

I hate to post my numbers, but looking at recent ITW flights and above wind corrections, i fly about .2...3 better than #1 on the list, and J.N. beats me about 50% of the time. There's a few more people who fly very close and maybe a bit better yet.

and infering the 0.5 from that...then the L/D Robi flew in the Stupino comp is (about 0.5-0.6)less than what he gets on his BASE flights.

Kris.

I will appreciate if you publish some GPS data, for example, flights from terminal wall in Italy

There were a few recent #s in the Hybrid thread. Better flights are pulling at about 500m over the road, 1750m distance/1200m total altitude.

Will post more data when we fly bigger stuff.

bsbd!

Yuri.