unclecharlie95

Greetings from Stupino!

Probably not unless you look at the % of suits by make. It would be interesting to see the complete list of positions and the suits used, from all competitors.

Scott C.

That's what I could remember. Among those with "?" there were about 4 or 5 phantoms, no sfly at all and rest are vampires, as a majority.

ROZOV VALERY V2
ALEXANDROV MAXIM V2
NIKULIN SERGE V1
PECNIK ROBERT V2
VOREVODIN GLEB V2
BOLDYREV ANDREY V1
BARYSHEV SERGE V2
MITROFANOV IGOR V2
BOOLE JAMES V2
BOGORODITSKY ALEXANDER V2
ZANADVOROV VLADIMIR PHANTOM
RASKINA KRISTINA V2
SVIRIN ILYA V2
GORLACHEV VALERY V2
KOVRIZHKO MIHAIL SKYFLYER3
DOROFEEV VLADIMIR ?
VOLKOV ANDRE ?
HVOROV PAVEL ?
SVERDLENKO LARISA V2
KOSOLAPOV DENIS PHANTOM
UZUN ANATOLY PHANTOM
ORLOV ANDRE SKYFLYER3
TSVETKOV EVGENY ?
PYZIN ALEXANDER ?
SHEMYAKIN OLEG ?
ELCHIYAN AVETIS V2
LITOVCHENKO MAXIM PHANTOM / Phi (not sure if Max flew Phi for competition)
AISTOV GEORGY ?

Get doing them press-ups!!

When I do press-ups, all I have to do is lift my arms, and my belly keeps me up...B|

But why does good performance always get credited to a suit, and bad performance credited to the pilot?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I was impressed about the performance russian guys and girls presented there. Dedication to this competition and training they went through was amazing.
Who ever going to be there should know that going there without enough training is not good idea.
As the competition organized in cooperation w Garmin and tracking derby I think it is very easy to check current possibilities each flyer can do.
Flock were fast too!! :)
Stupino DZ - c'ya next year, or sooner
;)

Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

Was the time/distance competition the only one there this year?
I was quite eager to see last years 'creative' rounds...I only seem to recal Tristan and James' entry making it online..

Was any aerobatic/creative flying competition held this year?

Wish I had unlimited funds..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Back in the day some of us that were happy with our outdated S3 type suits for several years.........waited quite a while before upgrading to vampires. Reasoning was to watch and see not what just a few phenoms of great physical attributes and skinny body types could do ( as we are not ) in a particular suit. But instead to see what a larger number of the average build pilot could do.

Before I ever jump on the M1 bandwagon I would have to hold the same judgment in reserve until I could see what a larger group of average flockers could do in one compared to other suits.

Exhaustion could have had a factor in the outcome in the Z-flock contest. For example in the Lodi contest that flight was held in the afternoon not the morning when everyone was fresh. Some of top contenders were flying less strainfull suits during the flocking and only brought out the vampires for the glide contest. I flocked the whole day in my Vampire for the shear practice of flocking a vampire as we don't get to do that much in larger groups.

I'm fairly confident that if the event would have been held earlier in the day I could have taken the crown and cash from the french bandit who one it..............Not!B|

Does this finally settle the best gliding suit debate? :)

Wasnt that settled already when Jeff outflew an upscaled prototype V2 in a production Mach1? :P

Nope. It won't be really settled until the pilot is completely excluded from the equation. In this particular case, it means "will Jeff outfly himself in V2 compared to M1?"

To answer this question truthfully, we need an unbiased experienced pilot and a precise method of measuring L/D.

Until then, the mystery remains. :)
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

So in short..you're saying nobody wil ever come up with the definitive answer. And the 3 to 5% performance differences in all the top of the line suits wil always be this hot a debate..;)

Quite eager to see what Loic wil pull off next year in russia in his 'big' suit btw...

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Exhaustion could have had a factor in the outcome in the Z-flock contest.

From what I remember, Robi did a couple flocking jumps, then went up to test the spot distance for the competition, so he did have some physical exhaustion before the comp. Jeff on the other hand did quite a few flocking jumps that day, with alot of back flying. Stamina is a huge factor when the comp is from 13k, thats why we did our comp in Lodi from only 6K.
If you want a true test of distance, have everyones weight the same, have the suits all made for the same body size, and have the exit from a lower altitude so they dont burn out before pull time?

For example in the Lodi contest that flight was held in the afternoon not the morning when everyone was fresh. Some of top contenders were flying less strainfull suits during the flocking and only brought out the vampires for the glide contest. I flocked the whole day in my Vampire for the shear practice of flocking a vampire as we don't get to do that much in larger groups.

There was only 2 flocks done before the comp Glen... :D

I'm fairly confident that if the event would have been held earlier in the day I could have taken the crown and cash from the french bandit who one it..............Not!B|

Now that's funny.....:D:D:D:P

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

as we already speak at F&D.
Next year the proposal is to jump from 7000 ft and fly to 3000 ft .... 90degree from flight line toward the LZ.
This way the endurance problem will be eliminate. Whole competition will be visible, over the DZ and the wind factor greatly reduced as well.

This will be good for all and especially for me because I can find such rock easy were I have only 4000 ft to fly
;)B|:D:D:D:D

Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

as we already speak at F&D.
Next year the proposal is to jump from 7000 ft and fly to 3000 ft .... 90degree from flight line toward the LZ.
This way the endurance problem will be eliminate. Whole competition will be visible, over the DZ and the wind factor greatly reduced as well.

This will be good for all and especially for me because I can find such rock easy were I have only 4000 ft to fly
;)B|:D:D:D:D

Testing and practice from one spot, sorta killing 2 birds off of one stone :S

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Nope. It won't be really settled until the pilot is completely excluded from the equation.

Well you can throw your wingsuits out of a plane pilot-less if you'd like... my wingsuit will retain its pilot. :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

There was only 2 flocks done before the comp Glen... :D

That was my 4th flight skipper.

Now that's funny.....:D:D:D:P

Be safe
Ed

Of course I just hope the frenchmen finds it as funny.:D:D:D

I have seen, on average, although not always, differences of more than 5%.

Are you sure your statistical calculations are correct, I was thinking it may actually crunch out to be more like 6% :P

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Wasnt that settled already when Jeff outflew an upscaled prototype V2 in a production Mach1?:P

AFAIK on a first fresh flight Robi outflew everybody by a margin. When Jeff outflew Robi on a final jump, it was Robis 3rd flight in a copule of hours - i personally would be absolutely wasted after 2 maxed flights and couldn't fly at all on the 3rd. This was simply not fair.

bsbd!

Yuri.

AFAIK on a first fresh flight Robi outflew everybody by a margin. When Jeff outflew Robi on a final jump, it was Robis 3rd flight in a copule of hours - i personally would be absolutely wasted after 2 maxed flights and couldn't fly at all on the 3rd. This was simply not fair.

Read Ed's post just a few above yours. Jeff had been flocking all day. All week, for that matter. And he was also on all the max competition dives. I am not for one second going to join any "best suit" argument, but I will stand up for Jeff and say that as far as I know he had no unfair advantage - except for possibly being more accustomed to long skydives in general, which is not the same as what you were claiming (short-term fatigue based on the day's activities).
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

O.K. just to clairify this as everyone thinks the race to be an endurence challenge. This is not true I am not in great shape I smoke and drink lots:D, don't exercise, eat shitty foods half the time and backfly on more than 95% of my jumps (the entire time). So my chest muscles are not that strong. It was the design of the suit that makes it possible to fly for 3 and a half minutes without getting that tired. As for Robbi going the furthest on the first jump, I flew in a max glide body pos. instead of max distance just because I was not sure how I had to fly to win. On the second flight I went into max glide untill Robbi (who left after me) passed under me then I went into max forward speed and was able to match Robbies forward speed while still gaining altitude on him. At the end he started falling faster due to the long wing tip grippers putting to much strain on his muscles. If I had gone into max forward speed right from the getgo I would have gone much farther. On a side note jumping with Robbi was an honor and was probably one of the most memorable jumps I've done. I can't wait till we jump again. And this endevor in no way was meant to hurt Robbies business. When I started wingsuit flying I could not believe that every skydiver did not wingsuit fly. So I kept asking people and got the same reaction from everyone so I set out to design a suit that I felt everyone would fly. At the time I didn't care about better performance it just went in that direction almost on its own. The vindication for me was when all the people that said they would never fly a body bag started flying our suits. Now I am taking that to another level and putting people with as little as 100 jumps through a 4 jump pass or fail wingsuit coarse and so far I am having success. This is done with our student flyer wingsuit that is available for $400.00, and we will buy this suit back for $300.00 credit torward any of our wingsuits when you are ready. This suit can be used as tracking pants, a camera jacket, or a wingsuit. What a deal:)

BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

So errr, anyway, those Stupino photo's look excellent! Seems like the Ghost plays well with others;)

I'm sure there will be examples available to get touchy feely with at Cochsted?

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It was the design of the suit that makes it possible to fly for 3 and a half minutes without getting that tired.

I have to disagree Jeff, the few times I've flown my Mach One and tried to max it out, I've been VERY exhuasted after only two minutes. Of course, the same thing happens with my S3. I'm out of shape too, but even when I was in better shape my S3 wore me out.

But I will agree that you drink lots of :D.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com