unclecharlie95

Greetings from Stupino!

The 2007 Stupino Wingsuit Boogie is going very well. :)
We have focused on small groups so far to work on skills. The MI8 heli is just for us and we have been making use of the tailgate too B|

Competition starts tomorrow. If you have visited trackingderby.com recently you will know the local flyers here have been practicing _a lot_ and will take some beating!

J
BASEstore.it

Nice pics of the Ghost !! finaly ;)

Now I want mine to show up just that much more!! BUt if they are there, then nobody is working on mine! I guess you ahve to play as well!! ;)

Have a awesome boogie! Post more pics!

Scott C
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Very long flight in Tracking Derby!!!

I thnk I have to start flying downwind...

In a lot of wind. 237km/h is the average for the leader.

Will be interesting to see what he does in the glide competition.

Kris.

Yeah holy crap 237 km/h. Very very impressive. Hey James, what were the conditions they were flying in (wind, for example)? And why all of a sudden so many people from Russia on trackingderby? Is it because they didn't know about it, or did they only recently get GPSes to track and upload data with? Very cool at any rate. I'm hella impressed. ;)

Have fun in Russia!

Cheers,

Costyn.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

There are quite a few wingsuit pilots now at Stupino and it seems a glide ratio frenzy has taken grip!

Some dedicated training and friendly competition has brought some interesting results, even when you factor in wind.

On route home now and a little sad to leave, was an excellent boogie. Good people, good jumps and a lot of laughing (mainly thanks to Max ;))

Will post some more photos later and there should be enough footage for a short edit.

Thank you to Valery, Natasha, all the jumpers and everyone at Stupino dropzone for the great times.

J

BASEstore.it

what were the conditions they were flying in (wind, for example)?

sunny, warm :) medium winds. 3-7 m/s (on the ground, not sure about the winds at the altitude)

And why all of a sudden so many people from Russia on trackingderby? Is it because they didn't know about it, or did they only recently get GPSes to track and upload data with?

trackingderby and gps flight logging are not that popular in russia. And the trackingderby was used this time to summarize and store the data of the competition. So you can see all the competitors there

yes, altitude to time was judged using tracking derby, and the winner is being determined by best distance/GR with first 15 seconds cut and 90 seconds for the race itself.

altitude to distance was measured as distance in 3600meters to 1600meters corridor, so it's basically just GR :)

Love the pics, the helo exits are great !!!

Next year we are planning on a European Wingsuit vacation, Stupino is on the list.
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

for top 10 - all were vampires except my phantom at 10th

Why am i not surprized? ;)

Does this finally settle the best gliding suit debate? :)

bsbd!

Yuri.

Probably not unless you look at the % of suits by make. It would be interesting to see the complete list of positions and the suits used, from all competitors.

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"