Tony-tonysuits

New backfly leg

Can someone explain the differences(physical and flight) between the standard Mach 1 and the SUPER Mach 1?

Although I haven't seen one yet I believe the new unit has a flow regulated, wide aspect ratio, angle to the relative wind biased airlock.

And the old style had a hole that the air enters through.

One is coming to Perris and we'll check it out and post pictures standing in a hallway or dining room,.... of course.

Can someone explain the differences(physical and flight) between the standard Mach 1 and the SUPER Mach 1?

Although I haven't seen one yet I believe the new unit has a flow regulated, wide aspect ratio, angle to the relative wind biased airlock.

And the old style had a hole.

Don't forget, velcro in new places and not in the old places.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

all the suits come with the same back and frt air intake's on the legs, the diferance between the MK1 and the SM1 is a 4"longer, slightly narower leg and a 4" longer arm wing at the root, the longer arm wing makes no differance to the reach for your hacky,
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

The SM1 has a cutaway system that is prone to blow outs and higher maintenance. It's a great idea, just not secure enough to be reliable. Out of 2 demo jumps, I had 1 blowout.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

can you post some comparison pix of m1 and sm1?

http://www.skydivingstills.com/gallery/3372456#188292898-L-LB

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I THINK this is a SM1 on the left and an M1 on the right. Not the best pic for a comparison, but you can see some differences. Not sure if the one on the left is an SM1 or just a newer model of M1. Are all new M1s SM1s, or are they different suits?

Dave

Dave

That is actually two mach 1's. The suit rob is flying is a new mach 1 with all the new mods, and aerials is the original style mach 1. This weekend we can take some comparison photos of my suit and a mach 1.

Justin Shorb
Flock U
WSI#4
FU#2
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

The SM1 has a cutaway system that is prone to blowouts and higher maintenance. It's a great idea, just not secure enough to be reliable. Out of 2 demo jumps, I had 1 blowout.

And you came to that damning conclusion after '2' demo jumps..? outstanding !
The cutaway system is perfectly reliable on my SM1 ( a few more than 2 jumps ;) )
YOU are responsible for checking the velcro mate is good before each jump...if it is mated correctly and the velcro is in even half good condition its very secure ( even too secure...I had a zipper malfunction and had to pump a few times to release it)
It requires more maintenance than a system that has no velcro...because it DOES have velcro..but its hardly a huge maintenance issue unless you use your emergency cutaway system alot ( and you dont need to use it in anything but an emergency)

Nowt wrong with it.

The SM1 has a cutaway system that is prone to blow outs and higher maintenance. It's a great idea, just not secure enough to be reliable. Out of 2 demo jumps, I had 1 blowout.

im going to have call that one a near impossible....
i tell you why - firstly i have alot of jumps on this suit - all different jumps - diving out last and going head down for 30 sec down to formations and then flaring flat out to stop - twitchy dirty flying with students on first jumps - acro jumps back flying spinning back flying carves over to belly flying - i have pushed the wings quite hard and its never even budged - two reasons why i cant believe that happening - firstly the pressure is simply too low to break the thick velro sandwich, the pressure doesnt apply to it at its weakest point either AND when i started jumping the suit i was thinking about the cut away quite a bit and before every jump i loosened the velcro on the arm cut away and softly placed the sandwich back but only half way ie it was only half connected and still i doing a huge range of jumps and it never moved - how you blew that cut away seems a freak of circumstance but then again stranger things have happend i mean people have survived falling 100m without anything ;)
higher maintance how? i cant see anything less effort than velcro - high maintance is sowing your wings on everytime you change suits or rigs - it takes 10 min to do for both wings.

love to know what you did when you "blew" the wing ...

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

high maintance is sowing your wings on everytime you change suits or rigs - it takes 10 min to do for both wings.

Dude..if you really need 10 minutes to sew up two wings on a 'classic' style suit, I suggest you get some thumbs and fingers attached to your hands?

3 or so minutes is all it takes...granted the zipper system saves time..but 10 minutes?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

if you were using a demo it may be to long in the arms which will cause wrinkles. A big enough wrinkle could possibly catch air and start to detach the velcro. On the other side i have seem someone whos arms were to long and when he zipped it up it started to pull the velcro open. My point is the fit of the suit is very important. But there is definately no weakness on the velcro

Justin shorb
flock university
wsi#4
fu#2
Flock University
Tonysuits

Just had a short dive (2 or 3 sec)and when I planed out of it the force on the wing blew the velcro out on one side. Doesn't work for me but sounds like it works for others so I must be the only one.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

high maintance is sowing your wings on everytime you change suits or rigs - it takes 10 min to do for both wings.

Dude..if you really need 10 minutes to sew up two wings on a 'classic' style suit, I suggest you get some thumbs and fingers attached to your hands?

3 or so minutes is all it takes...granted the zipper system saves time..but 10 minutes?

ok ok not ten make it 5 - im lazy what can i say ! :P

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

a five minute call when your suits not on your rig... With zippers definately will make it no problem. With conventional cutaways it would be very tight. Doable but tight.

Justin shorb
flock university
wsi#4
fu#2

Tonysuits
Flock University
Tonysuits

a five minute call when your suits not on your rig...

We do it all the time no issues. Of course you can't be the type of guy who poses in the packing area, you have to be commited, enveloped in your craft of mastering the skies.

Right, you have to be the type of guy who holds up the plane as he runs to it, adjusting his equipment as he climbs on board and over the other skydivers who are already seated.:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Right, you have to be the type of guy who holds up the plane as he runs to it, adjusting his equipment as he climbs on board and over the other skydivers who are already seated.:P

Never have, in fact typically I'm in the loading area well before the plane. At some DZs I'm in the plane before the pilot. Swapping and re- threading suits on short notice to compliment a change in dive profile doesn't happen to be a problem for me. I've had a lot of practice.

So the whole clip in/zip in of some brands of suits doesn't offer that great a benefit to me for that reason alone. A suit has to perform regardless of how it attaches.

Vector give up. The wingsuit forum has become the Tony Suits and Advertising Forum and if you have anything to say negative or concerns about his suits your going to get told you don't know what your talking about and your wrong. So right or wrong what you need to do is say these suits are the best and the new designs are great we love them and then take another drink of your kool aid that has been made for you. While its awesome that Tony himself is reinvigorated about skydiving which is awesome to see, his minions, dealers and people who get free suits or discounted suits need to relax. No one is out to get Tony he is a nice guy.

i can only think of one reason to detach a wingsuit... reserve repack. and even then you might not have to.

Too bad, as there are a lot of skills to be gained in RW and freefly that set wingsuit flyers who have this background appart, skillwise (in a verry positive way) from the rest of the flock who went into wingsuits (seemingly) straight from AFF;):P
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?