pierre3636

PF Ghost

Who was in the black and purple on the left of the second picture Scott?

That is Dingo in my Ghost. He would sink out or be zoomie in his V1, but he was on every flock in my Ghost. I never had a chance to fly with it that weekend.

Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

My question about the Ghost @Lodi has more to do with the mix of the level of talent in combination with the Ghost on these kinds of events. Some of the favorite suits in the past have been the phantom or S3 for what goes on there when a group travel in with varied skills and a mix of very different body types and experiences to
play together. Even though there are enough people that know how to fly vampires very well to fill the beech it does not happen on these bigger weekend events as about half of the participants would be left out of the base. They tend to save the vampire for the tracking contest and high speed smaller ways you might find on a regular weekend there.

Maybe becuse most complain of being too tired after 2 flocking jumps in the past.......:S
While a couple people did fly Vampires on some of the flocks, they were too zoomie and couldn't hold the slot, so I suggested they fly another suit that worked for them. While the main goal is to have fun, we want to build complete formations, do muliti points and muliti level formations. Flying your slot on these weekends is essentail and required for success. Demoing, trying out or testing a suit that you are not used to flying isn't something I'd recommend on a formation you want to complete.......

Ed

I flew Vampire first day, and Ghost second day. I now have a whopping 5 jumps on the Ghost, and at the time I switched to it on Sunday morning, I had 1 jump on the proto before taking into a serious flocking environment. Both suits worked just fine. There was one jump where the base was gliding at about .4 so I had to do a go 'round (Vamp), but other than that I had no problems with precise flying in either one (I should actually condition that remark on whether Ed and James agree with it, perhaps they do not ;)). Both suits are good at filling vacant slots.

"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

While the main goal is to have fun, we want to build complete formations, do muliti points and muliti level formations. Flying your slot on these weekends is essentail and required for success. Demoing, trying out or testing a suit that you are not used to flying isn't something I'd recommend on a formation you want to complete.......

Ed

That is precisely why Ira has just stayed with the tried and true and didn't demo the ghost. He didn't want to get any demerits. I'll admit I was completely guilty of using the WWW in May as a testing ground, had I gone this time around I would have been just as guilty trying a ghost in an environment different than the smaller ways we do down here.

So its fair to say that the guys with phantoms did OK transitioning to the ghost for the weekend and the formations didn't suffer?

BTW thats a nice looking Ghost color scheme.:ph34r:

VB, I had fun with my Phacro. You took me on some of my first flights at Perris. As much as I enjoyed that suit, I just love the Ghost. As Scott has said, it is a different flying style to get the most out of the suit, but it doesn't take long to figure out those differences. James gave me some tips after seeing me fly and it made a big difference. The folks at this WWW who saw me fly at the previous events made the comment that my skills had really improved. I attribute that to more flights made and the incredible range of the Ghost. In one flock, I sank out because I was watching the carnage off to one side and forgot to keep flying. I got off to the side of the flock and popped hard. It didn't take long and I was back up over the top and sinking it into an empty slot.

Do yourself a favor and lace one on and jump the sucker. Just make sure you have $1200 ready to spend.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

That is precisely why Ira has just stayed with the tried and true and didn't demo the ghost. He didn't want to get any demerits.

Ira flew his V2 for one jump and zoomed around alot. I suggested he use his S3 and fly his slot better and do the "testing" before coming the the event. ;)

I'll admit I was completely guilty of using the WWW in May as a testing ground.

It was obvious... :)

had I gone this time around I would have been just as guilty trying a ghost in an environment different than the smaller ways we do down here.

Hmmmmm....... note to self.......... ;)

So its fair to say that the guys with phantoms did OK transitioning to the ghost for the weekend and the formations didn't suffer?

Even the Tony, that was used to fly his V2, had no problems flying the slot in the Ghost.

Ed

Both you and Scott put your phantoms up for sale before the wingsuit weekend. So in essence the both of you were testing too.B|

I beg to differ as I had a good number of jumps (close to 50) on the Ghost before I went to the WWW :P

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"