Waldschrat

jumping WS with accuracy canopy?

+a

I will increase my accuracy on large 7-cell....so i have actually to choose between a Profil 290 chute (280ft^2 sqft) (this is a foil clone) and a Raven3 259 sqft.
Both with rigs.

....because the container from the accuracy rig is larger, i tend to this sytem.

...opinions, remarks?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Freefall with a acuracy canopy, i know crazy idea...

I jump a Spectre 170 with my Firebird. At one point I was thinking of jumping a container that had my Sharpchuter 245.

Non-Elliptical canopies with moderate to light wing loadings tend to be more forgiving in the event of line twists, they don't dive and go crazy. There is enough going on at around 2,500 to 3,500 like unzipping your wings than have to deal with a canopy that is losing altitude fast.

In my opinion you should not have any issues jumping a wingsuit and opening under an accuracy canopy.

Edit: Freefall with a acuracy canopy, i know crazy idea...

I sometimes film tandems with my para-foil 282. Make sure it is old enough. Mine was build in 1988 so I can throw the PC in an headdown:P

Another paradigm!
When I was doing hop & pops practicing for sport accuracy for nationals I thought hey why not take advantage of the altitude....throw on the wingsuit.
Interesting to see how far you can fly from 4,500 ft down to 2,500 ft! Cheap lift ticket to see how far you can fly your suit.....before your arms tire out!
Wingsuit canopy deployments are usually at subterminal velocities anyway ranging from 45 mph to the mid 70's depending on the wingsuit pilot. Easy dynamics on any canopy!
As far as terminal velocity openings with an accuracy canopy....I remember "back in the day" that in "classic" style & acccuracy....you were opening an accuracy canopy under terminal velocity after doing a style set.
Seems to me that some of the lessons of old still hold value today.

Wingsuit canopy deployments are usually at subterminal velocities anyway ranging from 45 mph to the mid 70's depending on the wingsuit pilot. Easy dynamics on any canopy!

Wrong! Go and do you math! Slow vertical fall rate does not mean slow velocity. You have a decent horizontal velocity. I can dig you some real world numbers.

This is a gps data of my last WS flight.
Point78: altitude: 1592.1m time: 100s
Point82: altitude: 1428.7m time: 105s
Distance point78-point82: 155m speed(H):30.8 m/s
Altitude loss: 163.4m speed(V):32.68 m/s

velocity: 44.90 m/s , 161.64 km/h, 100 MPH, 87 knots

I would not consider this as subterminal velocity.
I fall rate is about 190-200 km/h on my belly anyway.