CloudyHead

is it wise to buy a Pilot 188 with 120 reserve?

okay cool. I like Get Well cards anyway...

It could be condolence card to your family that you leave behind. Do you like those too?

"We are so sorry that your son decided to deploy a reserve normally used as a toy soldier parachute. He must have been doing LSD and thought he was made of hollow plastic? So sorry. best wishes"

:(

I really don't buy the 2out argument for getting same-size canopies. I HAVE had a 2out with a student main & reserve and they still downplaned all by themselves. And no way is my vengeance 135 going to play nice with any size reserve anyway.

I did not say same and just stated that is less likely to have a stable bi-plane or side bye side if one of those canopies would fly lot faster.

That was yet another reason why that would not be the best choice. Than why do you argue with me if you agree with the rest????:S

let alone a 7cell, and that your brake lines are probably not set to the correct length etc.

While your general post is correct, what do your brakelines and a reserve being a 7cell have anything to do with this issue?
I've never heard of anyone re-setting the brake length on a reserve, and 7cells are quite common as main canopies too (spectre, triathlon etc) and are really not that much harder to land than a 9cell - in fact a lot of people think they are easier to land.

Brake lines are set as standard, nobody adjusts them, yet, people have different arm lengths etc. Thus, it can be that your flare and my flare stalls at a different point. Some smaller people, might not even be able to reach a stall point. Therefore, flare power might be less. Some people would recommend testing your reserve in the air, and actually wrapping the brake line around your hand once or twice to get better flare.

As for 9cell to a 7cell. Sure there is a great difference in flight char. This is a student, that might only have jumped 9cell, with a flat glide when landing, not a sinking land, as with 7cell reserve, that you have to flare higher with anyways. Now, add a 120 to the mix, its gonna be fun, and then very hard.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

maybe its a typing error, and the poster meant to say 210 sqft?

That's a good point - it would make a lot more sense to have that setup. Also, can't really tell from the sales photo, but the reserve pack looks pretty big for a 120, assuming the 188 is closed in the container underneith.

Maybe Cloudy should send the owner a note/question and check it out. Heck, I'd rather be jumping that rig (188/210 combo) sometimes instead of my 150/150 setup:P

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

"Jason,

I'm deeply sorry for the error on my part but it's a typo. The reserve is a 190. I'm fixing my ad now and adding the serial numbers to the rig, main canopy, and the reserve to hopefully avoid anymore confusion. Again, I'm deeply sorry for any confusion. I'm emailing you photos of the canopy, rig, and the reserve pack log. "

wow.. im very interested now.. i think this might be my first rig. i'm already reaching for my wallet. :S