tdog

So cool I have to share.

So I went on a solo wingsuit jump today with the goal to see how well I could punch it out...

Well, I told the pilot, my favorite visual is for the plane to dive on my exit...

He did what I asked. A nice bank to the left rolling dive, but then flew out of it afraid of the jumpers below...

So there I was with an Otter about 100 feet in front of me, perfectly on level.

What does a wingsuiter do in such a case? Follow it! We flocked for a good 10 to 20 seconds until I decided the direction I was flying was not conducive to landing near the airport... The Otter was going perhaps 10% faster than I could go, so we slowly opened the gap, but I am sure if he put in the flaps and went to slow flight, I could have docked... ;) (With lots of practice)... I mean, I was really keeping up...

The pisser... I wore my camera helmet (open face, great day, wanted the fresh air) but did not put the camera in it. It would have made the best of Tdog reel for sure... Without the camera, it did not happen - so I will have to do it again.:)

Becareful playing with the plane and thinking you can "dock"on it!!!!!! have jumped with many pilots I exit set course they come to me....cool right????? Had a caravan flying level with me, twenty feet off wing I was pumped, sideslipped and tried to tack a grip on wing....... air spilling off wingtip, collapsed right wing.... Know what happens next??? Right turn,,vortice from wingtip caused hard right turn, almost made it in door....NOT intentenally, no damage to aircraft but some paint,I was bruised and pride hurt, dont get too fired up and act without thinking all aspects through
Only he can be happy,who can make his the present hour,for today he has lived