ScottGray

Wing Suit Boogie at Skydive Orange -- Oct ???

Attempting the guage interests. If the Brothers Gray were to organize and host a wing suit boogie around Halloween at Skydive Orange in Virginia, who would be interested in attending????
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

Will they let you? :S

bad experiences all my times there...would be interested in another location in the east/atlantic.

Sucks to hear that bro, I'd be curious to hear in a PM what exactly you had issues with, as that is a rare complaint.

As far as organizing it chris, with enough lead time and interest I would hope we'd be open to a good idea like this. I would probably even find a wingsuit to fly for the weekend and dust off my bird skills...

I'd back it, whether I could attend or not, so if you need any help, let me know.

were having a boogie aug 23-26 at skydive pepperell. we are already expecting 15 birds and we want to make it huge. there will be a casa, and helicopter, along with the otter. the new nh tunnel is 5 minutes away. jeff and tony will be there with demos. it will be a great boogie. anyone looking for a place to visit this summer should attend. i promise you will have fun.(oh yeah Im going to supply free beer for all birds fri and sat night.;)
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

Attempting the guage interests. If the Brothers Gray were to organize and host a wing suit boogie around Halloween at Skydive Orange in Virginia, who would be interested in attending????

First, I want to be sure we're talking about Orange, VIRGINIA not Orange, MASS. I've already been confused once before on the name game.

Second, Halloween is a long time off. More nearterm, I am planning on being at Skydive Orange VIRGINIA May 4 and 5, 2007 with my stable of at least 6 different wingsuit types, with some in a range of sizes for FFC's. I've never jumped there before, but have to be nearby for a 40th High School Reunion near Charlottesville that weekend (events are on Sunday). The alumni want to have a golf tournament on Friday and Saturday, but I'd rather fly wingsuits than duff around with alums.

I have emailed the DZ to see if there is any interest in wingsuits there, and they bounced me around to a couple of folks already. I have a few lined up for FFC now. May find some walk-ons when I arrive.

I would more than welcome any experienced flockers in the area to come help me promote wingsuiting at that DZ. Seems like a big place, with a fast Otter, drawing population from Washington, DC and Richmond, Va.

If any of you who read this forum can spread the word, I may be able to recruit a few more flockers for you and start their training for your Halloween event.

PM me if you have any people specifically interested.

BF D-5526 PFI#37

Old Guys Rock!

wasn't with wingsuits, just the DZ in general. They were great when I was paying money for coaching. Once that stopped, they weren't nice.

And I got reamed out by swoopers for changing my pattern high (1,500 b/c winds changed)..nothing drastic...I guess I forgot to look out for them. Almost been hit on the ground too.

I think a boogie (money going into them) wouldn't be as bad, I just wouldn't jump there normally.

Good luck though. I might have to come down for it.

Wingsuits at orange? That's funny :-)

I jumped there the past 5 years and have been pretty much the only wingsuit at orange. Very little interest by the normal jumpers at orange for wingsuits. Anyway I've moved west, but it just so happens i'm in the area this month and have a bunch of suits with me so if anyone wants to "flock" lemmeknow. This weekend was too chilly for me, but hopefully will be out at least one day next weekend and a few days the weekend after that.

Kevin

Hello all.

I would be interested in organizing this. I think that Orange would be receptive to this idea. I have made good friends with most of the folks there and don't see a reason why they would object. Kevin, I remember you used to instruct wingsuit there. You may also be a good person involved in this.

Bob, in regards to May 4-5 @ Orange, I very likely will be there on Sunday the 5th with a group of friends and co-workers that are interested in tandems. If so I will have my wingsuit and would love to have someone to flock with. Just let me know.

-Chris-
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

I don't have my may schedule yet, but if I can mkae it up I will be there.....I need to get my WS game back on...it's been a while since I got my birdie on.

Kevin, I will hopefully be out the 14th, if you have something that will fit me I could be talked into a jump or two, but no promises as to my skill right now :-)

Chris, I think it is a great idea, and would love to see you organize it, even if I can't be there. Hopefully it will drum up some WS interest. That's the main reason I stopped flying mine....I don't have time to travel much and there were no other birds there consistently.

I have been contacted by a regular from West Point. They are playing a large Halloween boogie and play to have a Casa. This might be an option for us. They have a large landing area and are near the river for some great visuals. Could be a good flocking opportunity.

Chris and I could organize the event and likely can get a wing suit instructor or two for first flight training and formation organizing. We can work on getting some demo suits.
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com