mccordia

Fly Like Brick - Flight Manual #6

After a few nights of fun in front of my computer, the next installment of our video tutorial series is done.

Seeing its sometimes difficult to find the right footage to clearly illustrate things, I decided to try give you guys something new.

If you go to our website and click on the Video Flight Manuals you will find chapter #6 - Forward speed.

You have the option to view online or download

Enjoy!

news

- We started a mailinglist for .eu boogie/WS weekend info, 2nd hand suits, video updates etc. If you want to be added to that one (probably only interesting for belgian/dutch/german people) send an email to flylikebrick%gmail.com

- We also made a lot of text updates (some new info on coaching, previous events etc) and before the weekend, we'll also be adding a big batch of new photos, and (depending on how much sleep I need) a video from our past wingsuit weekend in Zwartberg (Belgium)

- Our pre-Cochstedt pages at [url]http://www.flylikebrick.com/flbweekend2007.php[url] have also been updated with Hotel info for people who hate sleeping in a tent.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Positively first rate, just like the rest of your stuff. It's great that you guys have taken the time to produce this material. Still, this one had no "real" footage. One way you could have gotten good "flare" footage is from people swooping a backflyer with video.

Again, fantastic visual tools.

Chuck
BMCI-4
Z-Flock Wingsuit School

Positively first rate, just like the rest of your stuff. It's great that you guys have taken the time to produce this material. Still, this one had no "real" footage. One way you could have gotten good "flare" footage is from people swooping a backflyer with video.

Again, fantastic visual tools.

Thanx..

We had plenty of video material on swoops and flares (and people going low in a formation:P)

But aside from video thats cool to look at. in 99% of the videos is not really clear to really see what inputs people are giving to get the results.

When swooping a backflyer, people are already approaching in a dive. So arms/legs may already be in different positions then normal/optimal flight. And your backflyers perspective would also not show what the person was doing from the same clear side-view that we can use in these animations.

Doing this video with 3D visualisation was the only was I felt we could clearly show people what it is your body is doing.

Though real footage would be nice, I dont think it would make it any clearer then the current 3D graphics do.

Depending on what we want to show in the next manuals, and which method shows it clearer, we'll use either video or 3D animation or a combination of the two (all in the same Pimpin' orange style ofcource)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Its the J-Lo model I made for the wingsuit landing video, for the Herc boogie, 3 years ago.

J-Lo is not the singer with the fat as, but Jean-Louis becker..
The model is a skyflyer1, and (in terms of detail and mechenical workings) an update is way overdue.

I've been wanting to start on a new wingsuit model (more detailed, maybe even different models) but at the moment, 'real work' seems to keep me a bit too busy...;)

Still manage to squeeze these things in there..
Glad everyone likes em..if you have any idea's, hints or suggestions for new video tutorials..do send a PMB|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Nice sunset shots indeed, Costyn!

Something I don't get about the Zwartberg gallery though. Two pictures of big wingsuit groups on the ground, another one in the door of the plane... but not ONE in the air? :S What gives?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Nice sunset shots indeed, Costyn!

Something I don't get about the Zwartberg gallery though. Two pictures of big wingsuit groups on the ground, another one in the door of the plane... but not ONE in the air? :S What gives?

I dont think costyn ever took his stills-camera up, except for the one FJC student who asked (wim)

Costyn and I spent most of the day doing 1 on 1 jumps, while alex coached and organised the rest of the group (with costyn and me joing in later)
We never jumped the whole group at once..

The group got split into a couple of 2 way, 4 ways and a few 'slighly bigger-ways'

The experience level wasnt that high, so most focus was on learning to fly towards a slot safely...and although we never really made any big formations, I think everyone learnt some new things that weekend. And that was the goal..B|

The video is nearly done, if you want to see the in-air stuff :)

And "after wingsuit CRW"?? (ask gadget about that one:S;))
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?