jari

BIRDMAN has a new blog

Jari,

Excellent job on the flight.

Was there actually a contact dock and if so was that the foot with the ribbon?

I'll bet you could do that now with little effort.

Now I have to give it a try,

Bob
Working to be the last flyer on a birdman suit. ;-)
Who also flies a tony suit.

He took the ribbon off of Vladi's foot on that jump. The only other canopy to wingsuit docks that I know of are Jeffro and Chris, and Luigi and Loic Jean Albert. Jeb Corlis might have gotten incidental contact with Luigi, but it was Loic that firmly stuck his backpad under Luigi's feet on those jumps. Likewise, Jay Moledzski and Shannon have played around with this stuff as well. Still, it was Jari and Vladi LONG before anyone else.

Vladi was jumping a Velo 84 with weights to load him to 3.5. He also had a set of trim toggles on his front risers to adjust the angle of attack. Amazingly, he told me that he landed in that super-loaded and steeper-trimmed configuration one time because he could not "undo" the trim toggles and thought he was too low (or would be overloaded on his reserve.) to do anything else. He slid the landing out safely. That's some scary shit.

Chuck

Amazingly, he told me that he landed in that super-loaded and steeper-trimmed configuration one time because he could not "undo" the trim toggles and thought he was too low (or would be overloaded on his reserve.) to do anything else. He slid the landing out safely. That's some scary shit.

So he flared while in a continuous front riser dive? That sounds unpossible. :| Scary, indeed.

Actually, I guess with rear riser input you could level out the trim, no?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com