Costyn

I gots my Bird-Man Blade! (with obligatory office pic)

Yay!! UPS just brought me my new Bird-Man Blade! It's very cool and shiny and new and I like it a lot! :):)
Check attachment for obligatory picture of wearing a wingsuit at the office.

Gonna go flying this weekend I hope.

Cheers,

Costyn.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

What, you're gonna move it 20cm lower? :)

The patch is already on top of the bodyparts you mention, at its current position;)

The patch was on the chest, but dissappeared behind the webbing of the rig. The current muppet-position looks fine to me;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Like any suit, you can deploy in normal fashion (synchronized with both hands)

This particular suit has a cut in the wing, which (for me) made the pull surprisingly easy, without having to reach around the wing too much.

if you want more information on wingsuits and flying them, just drop by a local dropzone (no matter if you want to someday jump one yourself or not) and there will no doubt be wingsuit flyers there who'd love to show you all about it..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Congrats little Buckaroo! It looks nice. Can you shoot us a pic of the leading edge? The example I saw had hang glider material there, does yours?

Hmm, it is smooth plastic material, but I'm not sure thats whats used for hanggliders.

Can I have your S-6 if you don't want it anymore?
I checked FLB classified and a see a couple up for grabs.

Heh yeah you can buy my S6 if you want. :)

heh. yes i saw two people, (a couple i think) jump with wing suits at Headcorn on Saturday, but i was too shy to go say ello :$

Ahh don't be silly, go up and say hi - the only reason any of us really jump wingsuits anyway is for the extra attention we get:P

Also, if you go to skydivingmovies.com, the PF and BM websites, matt "the111"s site and flylikebrick there's enough video and stills of deployments, exits, flocking, aerobatics etc that you could probably learn all about how to fly a suit just by watching them all!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I think the use of stiffer materials on leading edge only harms the performance. Those creases/folds in the most critical area of the wing immediately destroy the initial laminar flow, inducing the flow separation earlier than it should be. Arm wings would benefit from thicker, smoother materials on top and bottom surfaces past the leading edge to smoothly distribute the tension.

I really like the leading edge of Phantom. It's just made of ZP with foam layer underneath. In the air, it's perfectly smooth and rounded. I wish V-2 had this type of leading edge!
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Can you shoot us a pic of the leading edge? The example I saw had hang glider material there,

The leading edge is made with quatro-foam, a slippery and air-resistant transparent material that was made originally for windsurfing. See attached pictures.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

they couldn't match your painting? then it would seem like you are never out of the office.

Hahaha :D it's not a painting, it's some silly piece of board with cloth stretched over it. The person who decided over the furnishings in our office had some very outspoken and unusual tastes. Fortunately we'll be moving to another location soon, and I hope things will be somewhat more conventional. :)

I think the use of stiffer materials on leading edge only harms the performance. Those creases/folds in the most critical area of the wing immediately destroy the initial laminar flow, inducing the flow separation earlier than it should be. Arm wings would benefit from thicker, smoother materials on top and bottom surfaces past the leading edge to smoothly distribute the tension.

I really like the leading edge of Phantom. It's just made of ZP with foam layer underneath. In the air, it's perfectly smooth and rounded. I wish V-2 had this type of leading edge!

Having the leading edge as smooth as possible is indeed the objective of the current setup on the Blade, as far as I know. Underneath the smooth top layer material is about a quarter inch layer of foam to smooth out any bumps. I'm not sure how it performs in the air, but I'll let you know as soon as I've flown it.

Cheers

they couldn't match your painting? then it would seem like you are never out of the office.

Hahaha :D it's not a painting, it's some silly piece of board with cloth stretched over it. The person who decided over the furnishings in our office had some very outspoken and unusual tastes. Fortunately we'll be moving to another location soon, and I hope things will be somewhat more conventional. :)

don't you mean sterile? ;) You mean that wont come along with you? that is a shame. :D.
let us know how you like it on your first flights

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

How do you form your leading edge when you fly your V2/Phantom? Do you bend at the elbow to let the wing take a natural shape or do you keep the arm straight? I ask this because any bending will introduce wrinkles in the leading edge. There is no way of getting around it without tailoring the arm wings for the bent position. I fly mostly with straight arms but am experimenting with bending slightly at the elbow to let the wing form its shape better.

Does anyone know what arm position the Blade was designed to be flown with?

It would be nice to have a wing top surface with no stitching...just smooth material probably glued on to the top of a traditionally stitched wing.

As far as Phantom vs V2 leading edge, I am not sure what the reasons are for choosing a stiffer but also rougher material over regular ZP for the V2.

Kris.

There is the difference between V1 and V2 Kris. V1 used to have the Dacron stiffer leading edge while V2 has softer leading edge.
V- series WS main characteristics is shaped tailored arm wing. Also, All PF suits except Acro should be flown with bend arms and ( this is a must for all wingsuits which has wingtips )
regards
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com