Gadget

Registration AN-72 Boogie

I would just like to know what the organizers goals are
in terms of mass exit and formation size we're going to try and build?

I would also like to know who decides who is on which attempt ?

The goals Ive heard so far are actually quite far from the whole mass exit thing.

Building smaller (20-ish people) formation, with good technical flying (predetermined slots) was the main focus for the week I believe..

But Scott wil definately have more info on that one..

The biggest mass exit thing..I think we'll get that one several times during the week. Just filling the plane up with 2 or 3 big dives..there doesnt even have to be a specific 'record' dive to succeed on that one..(although there probably will)

'The record' (to me) is the most un-important part of the whole week..
Flying beautifull formations is the #1 focusB|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I would just like to know what the organizers goals are
in terms of mass exit and formation size we're going to try and build?

I would also like to know who decides who is on which attempt ?

Riaan, all very good questions and I'd be glad to answer them when I have some more time. For the full on explanation, I suggest you listen to the the skydive radio.com podcast I just recently did as I explain that in some detail. It should be up on their site in the next few days, so keep an eye on it.

The short answer is that the week of jumping leading up to the record is what really determines which course of action I and the other organizers choose to take based off of the groups overall abilities and demonstrated skills. As for the record attempt itself, unless someone proves to be a safety issue, there isn't any worry about who is on or not. However, those people who have been flying with the groups during the days before the attempt have preference over those who show up the day of the attempt ,if we have more people than the aircraft can accomodate.

As jarno mentioned, the record isn't the driving focus of the event, its the days of flying together and improving everyones skill sets, its really like a very large skills camp where no one is left out and there are no cliques. By the time the record attempt comes, we will have already flown in many very large formations for several days and the actual day of the record will seem like just another day of jumping. The learning curve is large, no matter ones current skills and the fun in the sky and on the ground is unsurpassed.:)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Hmm, I just got a confirmation email from the organisers but there was no registration number in the body of the email and the attatchment seems to be corrupted, tried it on two different computers and it wouldn't open.

If the organisers are still watching this thread could they send me a message?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Just a reminder to all those coming to the boogie. If you have an extra suit laying around bring it to the boogie. As Rolf put out in his E-mail, lets take advantage of having all of us together and also make this the place where people can buy/sell their extra suits. So if you're looking to pick up your own demos or to sell that suit you don't fly anymore, this would be the place to do it.:)

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING