Gadget

Registration AN-72 Boogie

This just in, current numbers of those who have registered and received a number is at 203. Thats not taking into account those who are registered but have not received a number yet because they still have to pay. We are sitting well over 70 confirmed Birds so far. I am sure that number will continue to grow as we get closer to the event. Is it July yet?:)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I registered for a boogie almost month ago and also payed that day - 17 of March. Bank account shows transfer was successful, but still didn't recieve any info or any ID numbers on my mail. I also used contact form on registration page to told this, but noone has answered.
Does anyone knows direct email to organisors?
Thanks.
The Earth is Art, The Photographer is only a Witness
http://adventure.lv/

I belive the last count was already up to 200 registered (also non wingsuit).
If the 'count' is anything like last year (2/3d of those attending flying wingsuits) then we're in for a party!

Scotty or Rolf will probably know the number of flyboys and girls!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

We are up to 249 now.:)

So... will the 70 be "good" birds? Or will they be the 1st 70?
I'm guessing the week before will give the organisers some idea of what's possible.:)
t

I'm number 70 So i'm save:P
If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes???
My logbook

About 250 people registered.
What is the lift capacity of the AN72 in terms of jumpers per hour?

It takes about 6 mins to get 70+ jumpers to 16k+, 8mins to 18.5K +. They make 2 drops and shut down to account for people and then send it again approx 15-20 mins later. So your looking at roughly 240+ jumpers and hour give or take. However, if we need more time to dirt dive or we want to speed it up, I have the latitude to do so.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

It takes about 6 mins to get 70+ jumpers to 16k+, 8mins to 18.5K +. They make 2 drops and shut down to account for people and then send it again approx 15-20 mins later. So your looking at roughly 240+ jumpers and hour give or take.

Now that's impressive isn't it :)

If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes???
My logbook

It takes about 6 mins to get 70+ jumpers to 16k+, 8mins to 18.5K +. They make 2 drops and shut down to account for people and then send it again approx 15-20 mins later. So your looking at roughly 240+ jumpers and hour give or take.

Now that's impressive isn't it :)

Well yes, the climb rate is very impressive: 2500ft/min. And although I hate to be a spoilsport, 6 mins to get 70 jumpers to 16k is also a teensy bit misleading. It takes about 10 minutes to get those 70 jumpers boarded, properly seated and their seatbelts on. Then taxiing takes another 5 minutes. And once at altitude, the jumprun is also relatively long. Still, it is a very impressive plane that you have to had jumped out of in your life. B|

Still, like Scott said, they usually had to shut it down for 30-45 minutes after 2 loads just to get enough jumpers for another load. So they were nowhere near capacity.

Cheers
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News