01Blade

what suit has the best performance

its true I fly a mach1 myself. this past weekend i did about 30 jumps with jeff flying his mach1. i have a piece of video showing us docking then i pitch and he is hundreds of feet above me. you can see him fly away and its very impressive. ill post the video a.s.a.p

Is it online yet?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Just another way to see suit potential thats all.

I don't think I follow your logic. Isn't that like giving me Luigi's VX(sub100) to see what it can do. Or giving me Valentino Rossi's ride to check its potential.

I both am a competent canopy pilot and bike rider at my current level of wing/power loading but I am not likely to do anything that I can't do on my daily canopy or street bike unless I push them in which case I have the potential to brake some bones.

Now I don't think a novice on a new HP suit will brake any bones but they are not going to TAP its potential unless by accident. That is unless a suit is absolutely intuitive to use. I know the v-2 is not. Its not hard to learn but learn how to fly it you must, over time. Having experience in other high performance suits helps.

There is a little voice that tells me the mach-1 isn't an intuitive suit either.

There is a little voice that tells me the mach-1 isn't an intuitive suit either.

I'd have to agree with you there, Glen. There are vast differences in the first flight performances of newbies. Some dive like maniacs, some are incredibly floaty/stalling and I really don't think that this would be a good way to compare suits. And like you said, high performance suits aren't usually intuitive.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

I'd have to agree with you there, Glen. There are vast differences in the first flight performances of newbies. Some dive like maniacs, some are incredibly floaty/stalling and I really don't think that this would be a good way to compare suits. And like you said, high performance suits aren't usually intuitive.

This is mostly because of the pilot not having awareness. Once there is body awareness and acceptance of the proper angle to fly....some of the high performance suits(by design) in the market promote a proper angle and contribute towards a much improved glide. Initially, the other body position changes don't contibute as much to performance as the correct(or closer to the correct) angle does.

Kris.