01Blade

what suit has the best performance

Few people will argue the vampire has the most forward speed.

The complaints might be huge arm strain, lack of stability when tired, not a well rounded average flock suitable suit. But the first person that sez its slow is gonna get the hammer!

The only thing faster has jet engines!

The suit that has the best performance is the one with the most skilled pilot. If you want the best performance

Step1 : learn how to fly a suit first, then
Step2 : worry about the suit second, after you have skills.
Believe me, step 1 takes long enough...

edit: the blatantly phoney profile is sure to win over lots of people.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Few people will argue the vampire has the most forward speed.

What's the best forward speed anyone's gotten with it? I'm getting a GPS this week, and want to see if I can get in the neighborhood with my Prodigy. ;)

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Sorry but I have to argue with that one. A Mach 1 flies much faster forward speeds than a V1 or V2, also it has much more lift and is far less tiring to fly. It is good for flocking as well. Alot of pilots that have flown both suits agree. You can easily keep up with, or outfly, most suits while backflying in a Mach1.
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

In all seriousness, James. I want the first jump you do at Flock and Dock 3.0 to be a jump with you in whatever you think your fastest suit it against Jeff in his Mach1. I don't care who goes faster or has more range, I just want the question answered as soon as possible and I want people to know the results. No, Jeff is obviously not flying a 7:1 ratio, but he can outfly anone on this dropzone, myself included.

Such head-to-head comparisons made by like-capable pilots are the only thing that will quiet the couch potatoes. I will have a Blade by then to compare against ,too. Again, I don't care who is faster, can fly farther, or most efficiently; I just want to have some of these head-to-head comparisons so that we can all see the pros and cons of the respective suits, propaganda aside.

Chuck

I want the first jump you do at Flock and Dock 3.0 to be a jump with you in whatever you think your fastest suit it against Jeff in his Mach1.

There will be plenty of time for comparisons. Robi will be a base during the warm up day :)
It will be interesting to see Jeff in a V2 also. The pilot is always the most important factor in performance.
BASEstore.it

Jeff has already flown a V2 though, as have I. it's hanging on the wall right behind me here in our Z-flock team room. As far as "you jump mine, I'll jump yours" stuff, there are five Mach1's on the wall behind me as well. I am sure one will fit you. The point is, everyone has their own opinion about "who's is best". I am way over any marketing games. You guys have nice suits, Jeff designed two stellar suits, and I really like the suit I fly (currently an S6 and a Vampire1). I have jumped with Robi three times and he's way faster than me, but then again he's quite a bit taller than me. Jeff is a few inches taller than me as well (and has speed and range on me), so I simply want to see which really good pilot in his own suit has the advantage against his like-qualified "competitor" if you will.

I for one know I fly a V1 far better than a V2. I get way more usable range in the "lesser" suit. There is no person on this dropzone, nor one who has visted since I moved here last July, who really kills it in a V2. I know both you and Robi do have mastery of your suits, so I simply want to see you flying full-out against other people who have mastery of their creations. I hope that makes sense. In that form, it truly is "apples versus apples."

Chuck

In all seriousness, James. I want the first jump you do at Flock and Dock 3.0 to be a jump with you in whatever you think your fastest suit it against Jeff in his Mach1.

Chuck, how would you set this up? Have someone set the pace at their slowest fall rate and see who goes fastest horizontally? Or, maybe have a target base jump out first, give him 5-10 seconds and then see who can get to him first?

If you go for speed alone, everyone will be on their heads going straight down watching (in the growing distance below) Ryan's wingsuit start to disassemble itself. :D
Play like your life depends on it.

Don't get me wrong the V1 and V2 are nice flying suits and they were top of the line last year. I am looking forward to what other manufacturers come out with this year. I can say from the experience of flying all 3 suits a Mach 1 out performes both in forward speed and lift.
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

It would be a race for distance, glide ratio is the only true measure of a wing :)

Yes, get out at same point, fly same direction and deploy at same altitude. People from ground can watch for smoke and/or canopy opening spot.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

There will be plenty of time for comparisons. Robi will be a base during the warm up day :)

For warm up dont you want a base that people can catch?? ;)
Should be a good event. Colored smokes and ground video might be good additions... The only other factor that would be REALLY nice to have would be Loic with his new design. :)
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

In all seriousness, James. I want the first jump you do at Flock and Dock 3.0 to be a jump with you in whatever you think your fastest suit it against Jeff in his Mach1.

Chuck, how would you set this up? Have someone set the pace at their slowest fall rate and see who goes fastest horizontally? Or, maybe have a target base jump out first, give him 5-10 seconds and then see who can get to him first?

If you go for speed alone, everyone will be on their heads going straight down watching (in the growing distance below) Ryan's wingsuit start to disassemble itself. :D

I propose having someone like myself set base for a bit and have everyone else come alongside. When I nod my head everyone goes full-out for the duraton of their jumps and I video everyone pulling up and away (or down and away). Everyone has video on, so at the end of it, if one person went "far, but fast" and another guy passes him 20 seconds later but 400 feet higher and keeps going, everyone will see that in the video review (in the BirdHouse). Mike, you would be perfect for those jumps, even in your old S3 (which you truly have mastery of). Wait, you will have your Mach1 by then too..... Anyway, if myself (or maybe Scott Bland) sets an easy pace and holds it long enough for everyone to pull alongside in a line, it will be nice and fair. You GPS geeks could feel free to wear your toys too. Sound good to you?

Chuck

I propose having someone like myself set base for a bit and have everyone else come alongside. When I nod my head everyone goes full-out for the duraton of their jumps and I video everyone pulling up and away (or down and away). Everyone has video on, so at the end of it, if one person went "far, but fast" and another guy passes him 20 seconds later but 400 feet higher and keeps going, everyone will see that in the video review (in the BirdHouse). Mike, you would be perfect for those jumps, even in your old S3 (which you truly have mastery of). Wait, you will have your Mach1 by then too..... Anyway, if myself (or maybe Scott Bland) sets an easy pace and holds it long enough for everyone to pull alongside in a line, it will be nice and fair. You GPS geeks could feel free to wear your toys too. Sound good to you?

This will only work for the first 1000 ft or so after they pull away from you, and during those 1000 ft both wingsuits probably have not even stabilized to steady flight. A race should be from exit to deployment, in my mind, and GPS is unnecessary, since people on the ground can see where parachutes open.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I don't think that's true ... this is more like a sailing race where everyone has a running start. This is probably the best way to start since you can't get everyone out the door at the same time.

I'll volunteer to be the base and spot the load. The flight path would be perpendicular to one of the runways. Everyone pulls up behind me and at 10K I wave off. That should be a fair start within a second or so. Everyone gives it there all towards that runway until an agreed upon floor altitude where they pull.

Observers on the ground lined up with the runway should be able to agree on a winner.

How's that?

I propose having someone like myself set base for a bit and have everyone else come alongside. When I nod my head everyone goes full-out for the duraton of their jumps and I video everyone pulling up and away (or down and away). Everyone has video on, so at the end of it, if one person went "far, but fast" and another guy passes him 20 seconds later but 400 feet higher and keeps going, everyone will see that in the video review

Then if I understand it correctly we are looking for distance, in effect glide ratio - as Unclecharlie95 pointed out, is a true measure of a wing (and the pilot who makes the shape of the wing).

So then, we could line up on a base with a flying start or possibly even have the pilot circle back and set us up for a jumprun perpendicular to the flight path home so everyone has pretty much the same distance to fly. We can make adjustments to the opening spot based on exit point if the difference gets to be too much.

I can see the biggest variable being opening altitude. I'd assume we shoot for 3.5 or 4k to open and then we can make corrections on that based on some factor like 2-1 or 1.5-1. So if your Neptune shows you open at 3k then you get 750 or 1000 feet subtracted from your opening point.

Whatever way we do it, it will be lots of fun. Let the games begin. :)
Play like your life depends on it.