LouDiamond

New wingsuit manufacturer

I just received word from EG Suits( EG and Nick R) that they will begin producing and selling a line of wingsuits here shortly. They will be sending me one of the 3 suits they plan on making to test out in a few weeks. I'll post some pictures a bit later when I have more time.

According to Nick: "We have three suits, the Volturius, an all-around and aerobatic, and the Rigor Mortis, a max glide suit. We also produce the Corvus, a tracking suit.

The suits are really nothing that is on the market at this point. They will blow your mind away in term of performance, construction, and design.

They are constructed by parapck fabric with a unique cutaway system on the arms rather than on the sides. The suits do not require threading the cables each time you don the rig. The front of the arms are padded with thick foam that gives the leading edge a very rigid profile. The leg-stance is very wide for both stability and performance. The differences between the two suits are the profile of the ribs on all the wings, the overall shape of the arm wing. Also the Rigor Mortis has a back spoiler, and the ribs are constructed from semi-rigid composite laminate (Cuben fiber) virtually distortion-free and extremely strong (800 lbs/square inch), and it has wingtip grippers with a pocket for the fingers. "

As soon as I get the chance to jump the suit I will post my feedback on it.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Based on the names I think Lou is pulling our collective legs. The rigor mortis, come on? On the other hand Lou is pretty straight up. I bet some jokester hyjacked the keys to his .com sign on.

But if by some chance there has been a parallel universe vortex conversion and its all true then my suit is still better than his.

There is going to be HUGE problem with als these new manufactures appearing on the market..

We're going to run out of cool names pretty soon..!

Add stickers and a number, Bingo! problem solved....:D

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Based on the names I think Lou is pulling our collective legs. The rigor mortis, come on? On the other hand Lou is pretty straight up. I bet some jokester hyjacked the keys to his .com sign on.

Nope, it's for real. EG emailed me the other day and offered to send a Volturius demo suit within a few weeks. Rest assured that suit will be making its rounds at Zhills, so we'll have plenty of jumpers to offer feedback. :)
I think the rigor mortis is a very clever name, and I think the semi-rigid, yet still flexible, sail material is an excellent idea (I'm assuming this is similar to what the blade will have). My Aerodyne kite has ribs like this too.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Nope, it's for real. EG emailed me the other day and offered to send a Volturius demo suit within a few weeks.

I think the semi-rigid, yet still flexible, sail material is an excellent idea (I'm assuming this is similar to what the blade will have). My Aerodyne kite has ribs like this too.

I got the same email. After looking at the Cuben fiber web page I had the same assumption. That material looks expensive.

Well its official parallel universe conversion.

Why cant people start making suits with good air intakes? I dont know about you guys, but I am trying to fly horizontaly. And therefor I want my intakes to be placed where the air has the highest speed during a horizontal flight. And by at least adding scoops over the intake, you can get more air in to the suit, to make sure the wings get the propper pressure at all times. Especially for a suit like that, made for aerobatics. To have a fluttering bodybag around you is not what I want, fooling around in the mountains/sky. But its a proto, so I guess they`ll figure it out...:)

Maybe you should read it first? And then tell me where the air has the greatest speed, under or over the wing? Where would you place the inlet to get higher pressure? What has the stagnation point to do with this? You asume it will be on the front of the leading edge? :ph34r: With the high aoa you fat americans fly? The you should definately read it again..

You are. But you dont think... :|

I want my intakes to be placed where the air has the highest speed during a horizontal flight.

Placing the intake where the speed is the highest and pressure is the lowest will destroy that low pressure since the air has to be stopped, and thus destroy a lot of lift.

Jet inlets and ram air inlets serve different purposes.

Jet inlets' goal is maximum throughput. They "cut" through the air without creating any stagnation, thus affecting airflow very little. Once the air is in, it's not let to stagnate, it's sucked in by the compression turbine.

Ram air inlet must generate maximum pressure from limited airspeed. Pressure is maximum at the stagnation point. That's where the inlet should be placed. Placing several small inlets along the arm disturbs airflow over significant area. One inlet near shoulder is more efficient.

But does it need to be a scoop? In current designs, a lot of air is waisted: from the scoop, it flows not only into the wing, but into arm sleeve and body as well. But if we make the inlet deliver the air to the wing directly, with wing chamber isolated from the sleeve and body, then very little throughput is needed to maintain the pressure. (this is for high-performance suit; for aerobatics, the throughput should be high enough to quickly replace the air expelled during fast maneuvers).

If the leading edge is separated from the arm by means of inflated tubes or semirigid foam, this gives us space to place a tube-like, not scoop-like, intake which points directly into airflow and pumps air directly into the wing through a channel. With airtight wing, such an inlet can be made small - 1 inch in diameter - and will disturb very little air. Its angle should be optimized for best glide AoA. Such a suit would suck at stallflying, though. ;)
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio