SkyDivinRyan

Jump numbers before first wingsuit flight

I'm not against the hard numbers they've been around as long as the classic, when the gTi was top performing suit and the first skyflyer was just coming out. 200 jumps with an instructor ( what was an instructor was a little vague at the time ) or 500 and go for it solo.

I've known rostered BMIs that claim they will not take anybody up with less than 500 jumps. of course then they are not needed at this point as referenced in the wingsuit manual.

And I'm also pretty sure that some of our more prolific and vocal BMIs have conducted a first flights with a special numbers waiver based on personal assessment of the student with less than 200.

I think in a few more jumps I may be ready to give a wing a try.

But as I am not a hot chick how much is this going to set me back? How hooked would I get? Finally, how quickly will it ruin my marriage to a none skydiver when I start stocking up on wing suits?

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I know at least one "well known instructor" who would routinely take hot chicks with far less than 200 jumps on their first flight if he thought it was going to get him laid. Seriously. No, it's definitely not me.

I never said it was bad thing. Hot chicks need flock too!B|

I actually prefer a few freefly jumps. The jumpnumbers are a guide, I need to have faith in your ability to be stress-free in difficult situations, like a spinning main or a spinning YOU. And I need you to be 'aware' in the air, where are you, where are you going, where is the rest, where is jumprun, etc etc. These things are easier with higher jumpnumbers but depend on the jumper's personality too. You have to REALLY convince me to take you with less than 200 jumps, so far I haven't.

So no, 125/80 is not better than 200/30.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I got my first jump in before the 200 mark. I had been doing a lot of pf tracking jumps, some freefly coaching, and group tracking dives. But in the end, I sought out an instructor, and asked to get in some tracking dives with him to see if he felt I was okay for the ffc. After the tracking dives went really well he said he felt comfortable putting me up in a wingsuit so I took the ffc.

Chuck, do you know of any hot chicks that give the ffc course in exchange for getting laid? I could have saved a few tracking jumps :P

I know at least one "well known instructor" who would routinely take hot chicks with far less than 200 jumps on their first flight if he thought it was going to get him laid.

And I've been telling my girlfriend no for the past several months (to wingsuits, that is). She can learn from somebody else if she likes, but I am the LAST person who will take her before 200 jumps, especially after she landed off (in a tree) after her first jump in a PF tracking suit (that I put her in).
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I know at least one "well known instructor" who would routinely take hot chicks with far less than 200 jumps on their first flight if he thought it was going to get him laid.

And I've been telling my girlfriend no for the past several months (to wingsuits, that is). She can learn from somebody else if she likes, but I am the LAST person who will take her before 200 jumps, especially after she landed off (in a tree) after her first jump in a PF tracking suit (that I put her in).

I'll teach her.... if it gets me laid when i'm in FL;)

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

... and you did pretty good from what I remember.

(no, I didn't do the ffc btw)

Enthusiasm to fly wingsuits and putting in the necessary effort in a focussed manner (tracking dives, practice pulls) before putting the suit on can compensate for lower overall jump #s.
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13