skyjumpsteve

Birdman Blade?

The inlet is located just below the back deflector but it is airlocked so there wont be any less pressure in the wing Actually when standing on the ground and pressing your legs fast together the wing act like a baloon and the air slowly seeps out.

About the collar on the prototype we flew in spain there was no zipper protection and it was a pain in the A.. but the problem is solved along with the other small details we found flying the suit during the week. So i guess that if you buy the BLADE you will have one of the most tested suit ever.
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

So what's it for, where does it fit into the BM range?

Is it supposed to be faster than the S6, more stable for flocking, more manouverable for acro? Who do they want to sell this suit to?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

This suit is not for everyone. To qualify as a BLADE pilot please contact..............

With the big arm and legwing, and the airlocks in the legwing (really having to push the wing empty, if you want to deflate it) adding a little bit of extra care on opening...its not a suit for beginners...

Its one of the most stable suits Ive flown, and way happy to exchange my S6 for this new toy!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I guess that if you buy the BLADE you will have one of the most tested suit ever.

I really like to wait until the new suits are field tested for a while if you know what I mean. We watched various Vampires in the field for 2 years to make sure we could rule out any individual pilot phenoms before commiting to a purchase. Its easy to get swallowed in the initial hype.

I guess that if you buy the BLADE you will have one of the most tested suit ever.

I really like to wait until the new suits are field tested for a while if you know what I mean. We watched various Vampires in the field for 2 years to make sure we could rule out any individual pilot phenoms before commiting to a purchase. Its easy to get swallowed in the initial hype.

Thats true but we have tested the prototype and actually Jari have changes all the thinges we suggested so as many bugs is removed from the suit as possible. ofcause there will be things that i like that
you don't like.
And actually i am glad because i want my girlfriend for my self...:PB|
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

I really like to wait until the new suits are field tested for a while

Ask Scott, or some other people in the know...the suit (with things changing one step at a time) has been an ongoing project for the past 2 years...theres pictures of the blade being tested from over 1,5 years ago. And the reason it wasnt introduced earlyer, is because of the extensive testing..

just because you dont see everything, doesnt mean its not hapening...

The whole team testing, and giving feedback on things that worked, and things that didnt work (resulting in a few changes, taking things from previous test models of the suit) was only the last step in the flying that has already been done in the suit over the past few years...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

This suit is not for everyone. To qualify as a BLADE pilot please contact..............

With the big arm and legwing, and the airlocks in the legwing (really having to push the wing empty, if you want to deflate it) adding a little bit of extra care on opening...its not a suit for beginners...

But the S6Gibraltar is a suit for everyone? What could be so very different or special, that the price is secret? :)

Don't worry I got mine you will be fine just send the application if I can get one even Costyn can get one:P:P:P
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

Ask Scott, or some other people in the know...the reason it wasnt introduced earlyer, is because of the extensive testing..

just because you dont see everything, doesnt mean its not hapening...

Oh I don't need to ask Scott I believe that you guys, BO and Jarno,believe that you have tested this suit to great lengths. I'm pretty sure it will be at least a good suit. I've never flown any bad wingsuits, they are all good. This post is not brand bashing.

The BM add doesn't sound to be intending the blade for new flyers. And what I'm saying is that for a lot of wingsuit jumpers who have pretty good older suits (or multiple suits) that work ,fit and fly well already. In order to qualify another major purchase this suit must be on an order of a magnitude better. And not just declared better by the team that put the whole thing together whom, I believe honestly, believe and have faith in their product.

Despite that there are a core of us that can have several suits. The majority of jumpers only own one wingsuit.

Answers to questions that will be revealed in the field and can't possibly be answered now are: Is it a max glide performance suit? If it is how does it compare with existing max glide designs? Is this a general purpose suit w/ back flight capacity? If its general purpose how does it compare with what is out there now? If its aerobatic how does it compare with suits specific to this type of flying? Who is this marketed for. Sometimes the manufacturer of a product doesn't even know. Does this make more sense?

Answers to questions that will be revealed in the field and can't possibly be answered now are: Is it a max glide performance suit? If it is how does it compare with existing max glide designs? Is this a general purpose suit w/ back flight capacity? If its general purpose how does it compare with what is out there now? If its aerobatic how does it compare with suits specific to this type of flying?

I would LOVE to know the answers for suit of at least 2 ws manufacturers :) There is a chance to demo PF wingsuits here, but I got completely no idea how to do that with the others (tonysuits for example) in a proper way....

I had an S-3 with airlocked backvents. There was no difference between it and a regular S3 in regards to pressurization. Does the blade have a complex Labyrinth seal in the airlock to keep the air in when on the ground? Or is each inlet equiped with its own lock?

The Blade blurb is now up on the Birdman site
along with the topgun video ( really nice B|)
I didn't see any price quoted

I got to see a Blade at the BPA AGM along with Jarno's cool 3d movie, top work J!! Macca and Mark were telling people the price of the Blade at the AGM but I will not post it just in case it is being kept offline for a reason..
BASEstore.it

from looking at the footage the suit does look like it has great inflation especially on its back...i think the bigger rear wing deflector also makes sense,

ps - is this the new highest tier suit in the BM stable? ie the mach1 and v2 competitor?
it does look ideal for flocking and acro

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

I had an S-3 with airlocked backvents. There was no difference between it and a regular S3 in regards to pressurization. Does the blade have a complex Labyrinth seal in the airlock to keep the air in when on the ground? Or is each inlet equiped with its own lock?

But your S3 didn't have airlocks on the front inlets. The leg wing is really pressurized quite a lot on the Blade. I don't bother trying to close it before deployment, too much work. I just dump from full flight. ;)
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

I didn't see any price quoted

I got to see a Blade at the BPA AGM along with Jarno's cool 3d movie, top work J!! Macca and Mark were telling people the price of the Blade at the AGM but I will not post it just in case it is being kept offline for a reason..

SOOOOOOOO, how much is it gonna be?