freeatlast

AN 72 Boogie

Having read the excellent reviews of last years AN 72 Boogie i wondered if some of the people who attended last year's event could shed some light on the details.

What experience level do you need to attend the boogie (is there a min jump requirement)?

Which is the closest or best airport to fly into?

What were the approx costs for registration and jumps?

How many jumps were made on average?

How many days does the boogie last?

What were the accomodation options - camping / bunk house etc?

Thanks

James

Experience levels ranged from very beginners to very good. Through the week we split into 2, then three when Jari arrived, groups based loosely around skill levels. The higher level group was the biggest, but by no means built completely with high quality flyers. To my knowledge there is no 'minimum' requirement to jump at the boogie.

The best airport would be the one that the boogie is happening at ;) failing that, there are a couple of options. We flew into Leipzig last time and i think it was about an hour drive. Berlin is also an option i beleive.

Reg prices and jump tix will be available from the boogie website soon. From memory tix were E20 a pop.

On average we were making 5-6 jumps a day, but this was big way, so there has to be time for breifing, dirt diving, jumping, packing, video debrief etc.

If they run it the same as last year, plane arrived the monday night, then we jumped tue thru sunday.

Free camping (i think) no bunk houses. There are also hotels in the local town that you can stay at.

Sorry i'm not much more help, maybe other people who were there can give better answers. :)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

You must have only 100 FF jumps. 40€ Boogie registration.
27,50€ for 4500 meters, if you buy 10 jumps or more.
Every morning a 5000m jump for the same price(27,50€)
No hooks.
You should be able to fly (and land) with a lot of other chutes in the sky.

All informations from last year.....

Thanks for that. I didn't think that there were flights to cochstedt direct.

Lucky for me i can fly from Manchester with Air Berlin or Liverpool with Easyjet so it's definately looking possible :)
If there's no minimum requirements then i think i can manage to meet that as well!!!

I'll just have to get some more practice in before the Boogie :)

You must have only 100 FF jumps. 40€ Boogie registration.
27,50€ for 4500 meters, if you buy 10 jumps or more.
Every morning a 5000m jump for the same price(27,50€)
No hooks.
You should be able to fly (and land) with a lot of other chutes in the sky.

All informations from last year.....

That is alot of money to spend in a former "eastern european" country.

Normal jump prices in Holland are € 23-25 to 12000'.

I checked, I made 12 jumps in three days, the avg exit altitude was more than 16000', all but one were from 15000' or higher, two of which from 18000' (still at the same price), with a flock my home DZ don't have, from a LARGE TAILGATE JET (which my home DZ .. ).

From my uniquely personal perspective, it was money well spent. It was worth it to me.
Johan.
I am. I think.

Of course considering the exchange rate of Dollar vs Euro that´s a lot money for US guys to spend. Anyhow you can not compare the US big drop zone ticket prices with European ones. We do not get a gallon of fuel for 2 bucks here.:P

However considering the airplane and given altitude it was very reasonable to me as well.

skymonkey wrote:

If you are a strong catholic and in the american army, i think that you will receive a benefit.

Be not afraid, we have dispel all the natives and we planed the east german sector, removed trillions of tons from the contaminated earth (remember east germany was a formely base from the UdSSR!) and then we built a lot of skydiving airports in the Ex-DDR.
;)

In the last 15 years we payed over 1,5 billions(engl.) of Euro for the structural revaluation from this part of germany.

Sadly in this time the prices in east germany are increase to the same height like in the west. [:/]

There are a few "former East Germans" here skydiving at Z-hills right now. I have never had a problem with people from other countries and, in fact, have had some of the best times of my life in "sketchy" places.

The boogie sounds great, but my point is that those are very high jump prices for a boogie.

I have never had a problem with people from other countries and, in fact, have had some of the best times of my life in "sketchy" places.

Yes, i know this. In your posts you make the impression, that you are a deliberately man, without prejudices.
My post was also a little self ironic and provocativ without a really reason.
I hope we will drink in cochstedt a good german "Hefeweizen" (Beer) together, for what i pay for. ;)

I will also work on my grammar until next summer. ;)

The boogie sounds great, but my point is that those are very high jump prices for a boogie.

Undoubtedly german we has one of the highest jumprices in europe.
At this times we pay around 25-27,50€ for 4000m in the most DZ in Germany.
In January next year the Tax will increase at 3%.
I fear this will be have an effect to the jump prices. :(
The standards on the most DZ in former east germany are good.

Hello

I am interested in attending the AN72 boogie.
Some questions
-Are the dates finalized, if so what are they.
-What is the best way to get to the dz (fly to xxx and then hire car, take train etc)
-What accommodation is available near / on the dz and what is the cost
-How many organized jumps will be done over the boogie.
-Since I will be visiting Europe for the first time please suggest some other boogies / dz’s that I should visit.

Thanks

Bernard.
Wingsuit South Africa

Hello

I am interested in attending the AN72 boogie.
Some questions
-Are the dates finalized, if so what are they.

It's been posted. Search.

-What is the best way to get to the dz (fly to xxx and then hire car, take train etc)

Best way - probably fly to somewhere near and rent a car. There might be public transportation, but the Cochstedt airport is normally closed, and it's a tad remote. Alternatively, fly into Holland before and ride with one of the visiting Dutchies.

-What accommodation is available near / on the dz and what is the cost

Camping onsite is free. There are hotels and pensions in the neighbouring town, I've been told.

-How many organized jumps will be done over the boogie.

More than enough. Several organizers for different group of wingsuits. Depends on which group you want to be in, really. As Jarno said 6 per day is realistic.

-Since I will be visiting Europe for the first time please suggest some other boogies / dz’s that I should visit.

What kind of jumps do you want to do? What kind of scenery would you like? There might be Wings over Marl again this year, but I don't know how they'll be spaced. Stupino might be doing something again. Keep an eye on Rolf's Birdman Tour, FlyLikeBrick's schedule and what James Boole (Unclecharlie) is doing.

Thanks

Bernard.

Johan.
I am. I think.