SouthernJumper

BEST WING SUIT

Also...what 'best' are we looking for?

Because in some respect I can see the Classic being 'the best' as it was the suit that really introduced wingsuits to the skydiving scene as a real dicipline to a broader audience and started the whole scene we're part of today....

Even though some of the latest suits are improvements, and fly a few % better with every new design..the classic is what started it all..
(only looking at 'commercial' suits now..not at the pioneering work done by Patrick Deug etc.)

I think le crossbow was before the classic and it started it all.

I don't get it either...:(

It's like people arguing about who's condom is the best, instead of getting out there and fucking!

t

Some people fuck, some people fuck it all up and some peoples condoms just stay in their wallets making that pathetic round indentation and never get to come out to play.:(

Are you saying his penis is too small? [Laugh][Laugh]

Those are big words coming from the person who posted multiple times about his problems filling up his wingsuit in the crotch area kris?;)

http://dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=72250;

Hey be thankful my shlong did not fill up that suit. If it did all yall's(how do you spell yall?) penis would be waaay smaller than mine. :P.

Kris.

Yeah but isn't it fun!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean at least you guys are keeping a close eye on this poll thing and seeing what people will say next lol i don't really care about the poll im just trying to have fun with it and see what people say in the first place ya know like different opinions and im to lazy to goto any other web site and read how good they tell you there products are i like to hear it from people them shelves oh BTW I have a V-2 lol butt butt im liking tonys Mach 1

:S>:( Way to troll this forum dude. This poll/thread is a flamebait if I ever saw one.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Yeah but isn't it fun!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean at least you guys are keeping a close eye on this poll thing and seeing what people will say next lol i don't really care about the poll im just trying to have fun with it and see what people say in the first place ya know like different opinions and im to lazy to goto any other web site and read how good they tell you there products are i like to hear it from people them shelves oh BTW I have a V-2 lol butt butt im liking tonys Mach 1

Of COURSE it is what do SKYDIVERS Strive for the most nothing more than to see people fall into a trap LMAO :ph34r:

:S>:( Way to troll this forum dude. This poll/thread is a flamebait if I ever saw one.

Why? Everyone thinks theirs is better than everyone elses so we might as well have these discussions until we beat them to death....or they are fun enough anyway.....

kris.

For flying from the airplane...I would choose a Phantom over the V2 anyday and twice on sunday :P.

kris.
P.S: This is the best thread ever...

The Phantom has fantastic performance, I would like to try it in a Phacro configuration.......but nothing..... gives me that feeling like my V-2, its overwhelming really.

when glen says the phantom has phantastic performance he means i look great in mine.
i think a poll about "which wingsuit do you look the best in?" would be very informative on both people's opinions of themselves, and general sexiness. Voodew could use help with both of these topics.
word to your mother,
RJ$$
BASE 1117

Its clear to me as a novice pilot that it seems to have very little to do with the 'suit'
For absolute performance by the highest calibre of wingsuit pilots....yes...it probably makes a difference

But I'll wager that 'flight wise' pound for pound for average pilots ...the comparable suits made by each manufacturer can hold their own for the class they were built to fly in...

For as long as I have heard about wingsuits I have heard the bitchin' between die hard BM and die hard PF fans......with other manufacturers inbetween.
Each prepared to defend their suit and 'critique' the oppositions to the death...like die hard hockey fans in the play offs' !! even if they team is underperforming....you aint never gonna admit it !

Now that aside what DOES make a difference to me is everything else associated with the discipline ...so I'll break down my own personal observations as I sem em.....I 'fly' a PF Phantom but dont have a die hard allegiance to PF......it fitted my need when I wanted a suit....
Ok...here goes..

1) BM your website sucks....its so difficult to find what you want. PF your website is exactly the opposite
2) I see more BMI's around than PFI's ...in the UK anyways...I still dont know if one is better than the other ...but obviously if I do a first flight course witha BMI...what suit is he gonna recommend..?
Whether or not the standard is the same for gettinga BMI /PFI rating....I feel BMI has the edge...here
3) Delivery....If I want a new suit I want it like...now....thats it...end of story. Hearing horror storiies about how long it takes from order to receipt of a suit is going to make a significant difference to which manufacturer a buyer goes to...especially when the 'performance ' between competitors suits is fairly close ( BM you definatley lose here)
4) Personalities like Robi ,Jari, James, Scott and Loic do help the brand. Representation at DZ Boogies and forums like this by those people DO help me and others make there minds up about the product and the manufacturers real dedication to progressing the discipline beyond suit sales.BM and PF lead the field here.

5)Competition.....if its so important to 'know' for fucks sake one of you major players lay down a challange ( you have the bucks) and set it up to show ...once and for all...which high end suit is 'better' than the other
I'll say that there are prob so many variables in how the performance is affected ( ie flyer not brand) that you dare not face each other face to face in an ultimate showdown...ie all top end manufacturers in a head to head with your best pilots in your best suit over a series of trials.... ( Loic definatley puts his hand up here)

Fuck the suit type and all that shit.....go fly :)

Well then if you want to get technical - and I can't talk about any other manufactures than PF/BM and Jii-Wings
PF's product is superior in the manufacturing process -- they are put together better than any other company -- lines are straight and material is of heavier grade and sewing is top notch.

Performance wise its always the pilot -- a true test would only be the same person in different suits that he is used to flying equally --- probably ain't gonna happen

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

PF's product is superior in the manufacturing process -- they are put together better than any other company

I'm not sure why people always say this, and I'm not siding with any "brand" here - I have and S3 and an Acro. The S3 has almost 400 jumps on it and it still going strong. The Acro is new and seems built very well, indeed, but no better than the S3. There were actually two very minor problems with the build/quality of the Acro, right off the back, that were easily fixed (I also have fixed at least 2 things on my S3). But overall both suits are top-notch, as far as build quality is concerned. The Acro is proving to be a lot of fun to fly too, and I can float easily as slow as I can with my S3, still feeling a bit sluggish when I need to punch hard forward (as expected) but it's not as bad as I had feared it would be. It's great for backflying under a formation - I finally have the forward/backward control, while on my back, that was so much more difficult to achieve in the S3.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

You can compare materials and construction and things like that but comparision of suit performance among different pilots is an exercise in the masturbation of ones ego.

Read this post by Dwain. Here is an example he gave in that post

"I did a 32" second track covering 3300' horizontally on a 3000' high BASE jump by increasing my body surface area by 21% via inflatable clothing and also by adding stiffeners to 70% of my torso region. I believe I have set a new world tracking record in the 21%-body-surface-increase-with-70%-stiffened-torso category of tracking".
As you can see, it gets rather pointless.

The obvious extention to this is how is it fair to compare flight data between differently built people. Because the 'wing' dimensions and weight may be entirely different.

How much area(in a truly custom wingsuit) increase one can get by wearing a wingsuit depends on their physical characteristics. Two people of the exact same height and weight (and total width and length and thickness if you want to be really specific) and different leg and torso lengths will have a different area.

Making a performance comparision is pretty pointless.

As humans we will always try to compare because that's the natural human thing to do.

Kris.

You know that is called Phantom. Backfly inlets are standard option on updated Phantom, like mine: P81. B|

I didn't know they were now standard. The first phantoms didn't have them and a few months ago back vents became optional. Standardizing this offer is fantastic. How does it fly on the back?