SouthernJumper

BEST WING SUIT

I think the "phacro" is the best suit that Robi has ever designed. Great range, nice construction, it inflates on it's back nicely, it flocks great (even with really fat guys like Ryan the rigger). I love my Vampire, but it's much more work to fly than any of my other suits.

I think a back-vented S-series suit is positively overdue. I fly great on my back in my S6, as does Matt Hoover in his S3 (and a bunch of other motherfuckers), but a simple "Tony-like" back vent for the wings would be a no-brainer. I don't care what you think your big suits ought to be used for, I can tell you that all of us with any real degree of competence backfly our big suits. To all manufacturers: make all of your suits back-inflated.

Chuck

But I'll wager that 'flight wise' pound for pound for average pilots ...the comparable suits made by each manufacturer can hold their own for the class they were built to fly in...

:)

I've got hundreds of S-3 jumps. On a standard atmospheric comparable day, winds, temps, density altitude etc, I can say that the V-2, right out of the box in my case, offers monumentally more performance than anything I've ever experienced. When I say performance I mean a much flatter, much faster glide covering more distance with less altitude loss. This is with just a handful of jumps and no extra time to find its sweet spot, basically just flying it like I did my S-3. I can't comprehend what it will do when I explore its sweet spot and have more experience with it.

There are locally several of us that have gotten Vampires lately. All happy with its performance. A few of us have many extra older suits that we don't fly now. You can only fly one at a time and the last thing you need is another high end suit that you are not flying and that can't be loaned to a novice. We held off getting Vampires as long as we could but we were compelled with what is going on now and none of us are unhappy with this choice.

Not every flocker everywhere needs maximum flat fast flying but if you do then you need one of these. That is what the best wingsuit tread is all about.

I think a back-vented S-series suit is positively overdue.
Chuck

I just sold my proto Back vented S-3 a few months ago. I just wasn't flying it or backflying at all that much anymore as there are guys better at it than myself just about everywhere I go nowadays.

I do want an Acro. Not just for its backvented / backfly-ability but because that suit is a blast to fly in any regime and the suit just about has a glide as good as my S-3. Did I mention its fun in a different way? That suit is snappy.

Not every flocker everywhere needs maximum flat fast flying but if you do then you need one of these. That is what the best wingsuit tread is all about.

true that.... I just got a V-2 not too long ago but I usually flock in my Acro. unless I flock with other V-2's I have been able to stay with every dive and you can have so much fun with the Acro.
why isn't the Acro in the poll? still the best all around suit IMHO!!!

:P

(lots of pro-PF stuff snipped out here)

Hey Glen, maybe should change your avatar? :P;)

Oh you bet Costyn I mention it in this post( attack on my smelly old man with bad hearing-but still in a faster suit- thrill) in the events tread:

"Due to weather I only have a handful of jumps on it, New suit murphie's law you know. But it flys soo fast the smell will never catch up with it even when I start living in it. I'm going to need a hearing aid ,thats for sure, from the noise being back up to freefly speeds but in the horizontal vector. And I'm going to need a new avitar one with the background blurred and smoke comming off the suit".

Trust me, I will upgrade the avitar just like I upgraded my ride. I would have already done it if it hadn't been for weather/work.

Cheers bro!