freeatlast

Tony Suits Mach 1

One concern I have is at this rate of product development that they will have run out of cool sounding names.

Finally, kind of a voice of reason. If the suit does not have a cool name it will be shunned and assumed to basically suck :S..

This on the surface seems to be an extremely poor marketing plan i.e. give a good name to a suit that is only transient... Maybe this will morph and they will start "infering" a similar sounding name just to add to confusion. Maybe go with a "Mach 1 - V3". Glean from a name that seems familiar and claim innocence on infringement of name..

Not only name recognition can result in that but this will open doors for mocking and ridicule for those that have the previous version.. The fast rate of development will be like in the electronics market; buy today and tomorrow a new better version will be released. You can get ridiculed before you even get it off the fed ex truck...

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Tony has his proprietary designs (Spitfire, Eagle, Nebula) and Jeff has his own designs (Aerobat, Mach1, Raptor). They are all "Tony Suits".

One concern I have is at this rate of product developement that they will have run out of cool sounding names.

G - we all know that most things in the wingsuit world (and skydiving) just get #'s added with each variation

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

One concern I have is at this rate of product development that they will have run out of cool sounding names.

Finally, kind of a voice of reason. If the suit does not have a cool name it will be shunned and assumed to basically suck :S..

Scott C.

The airforce never bought a wimpy named fighter/interceptor from a contractor until they took it back and changed the name. Thats how projects named "have blue" were renamed to "night hawk" and
repainted black over the blue. They were about to paint the shark mouth on it for added meaness but due to the angularity of the fuselage it would have looked like a shark that suffered a stroke so they left that off.

Hey Tony guys here is another name for you "interceptor" just in case yer getting low. No need to pay royalties for its use. Its what we in the WS community are here for. :)

****** NEWS UPDATE ******

I've just been over and my suit will be finished TODAY.....

That's under 36 hours from order to completion !!!

WAY TO GO !!!!!

For Ed's benefit i'll post pictures of the suit PLUS my new HUMMER as soon as get the suit !!!!

I have to say 36 hours seems like AMAZING SERVICE .... :)
Hopefully i'll get to make the last load today ...

We are going to ride the golf cart over there in a minute to fetch James's suit. I will ask him about the order form when we are there.

I've just been over to get the suit ...

I'll post pictures as soon as i can ...

But if she flies like she looks ...

Then I'm in LOVE !!!! :)

Well...there were at least 3 deliveries of Mach-1's today. freeatlast got his (36 hours "SEEMS" like amazing service? Holy Christ that is amazing!), Justin (PhoenixRising) got his and I got to FedEx a few minutes before they closed to make #3. Justin and I are pretty pumped to do some jumps this weekend if the New England weather holds up....right now it is looking pretty good. We are also booking tix to Florida for next month so we can bang out a bunch of jumps.

Um, Steve, you're not actually going to FLY that thing, are you? ;)
Holy shit that thing makes my 6 look small.
J, post a pic of your own will you? I gotta see what I'm up against here. You guys'll be staring down at my used-to-be uncatchable ass while I get used to the idea that I'm not the floatiest thing in the sky around here anymore. I'm hoping my 6 and all the time I've spent at max flight will at least allow me to keep up. This is SO cool.
B|
tweet!
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.