freeatlast

Tony Suits Mach 1

OK.
THAT is huge. Next time you and I fly, I'm just going to have to give my 6 everything its got and start thinking really light thoughts.
Hope you're working out, man. Remember my first few max flights on my 6 I came down with a giant grin, bitching about how the 6 trashed my arms? I kept having to back off the power and take rest breaks on the way down. You're packing far more wing area than THAT. Tomorrow we're going to find out what you can do with it.
Video!!!!!
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Well after 5 flights with my new raptor - all i can say is that the raptor feels great - i'm still getting used to flying the suit but she's fantastic and far better at flying than her pilot !!! :)
Initial impressions are that she's not as insane speed-wise as the mach1 but that means that you have to fly her properly - in some ways the mach 1's speed compensates a little for poorer body position :$ - or maybe that's just the pilot !!!

Eitherway i'll put some more jumps on her today when the fog lifts and see if my initial thoughts are confirmed ...

But both suits have left me with an insane grin on my face and i have found the arm-wing quick release to be great and the leg release system works really well.

All in all i have to say that so far i'm 100% happy with my choice ....

Perhaps once Ed struggles into his thermals we'll get a good well-informed review .... :)

Do you have any more pictures? I would like to see the Releases a little closer. Is it going to be a wear point or something that needs to be replaced or require any special service. A few more pics would be nice though, just for curiosity sake. :P

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

ok 4 more flights - 2 solos and some 3 and 2 ways stuff with s3es and v1s. after checking some video footage i realised that i was flying my legs at the same width as my old suit which is not efficient in the m1 - i think a few people will make the mistake when they start flying the suit. im still playing around with body position for max out but its getting there - i managed an average decent rate of 43mph on one jump and find it fairly easy to get below 50mph on jumps. back flying is very different for me to my s3s because of the wide leg surface area it felt like i was headlow and obviously steep on the first few goes. barrel rolls ect came very easy - the suit is very solid and feels like it wants to correct itself very quickly. i think if its what you are after this suit will slash between 10 - 15 mph of your decent rate while going forward very fast.

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

Skyjumpsteve and i got to fly ours yesterday. alll i can say is wow. only got two flights and i still have a lot to learn about this suit. but the potential is huge. we had to exit out of a cessna which i have not jumped out of one for 5 years and never with a wingsuit. also first flight on the mach 1( a litle overwhelming) but sooooo much fun. i think with 50-100 more flight on it i will be able to easily go into the thirties.:P but we will see. I slowed down to 46 mph on second flight from low exit of 10000. the suit is very stable fast, and easy to fly!!!!!!!! it flys totally different than my phantom. only time will tell
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

and what in the fuck does any of that have to do with the Tony Suit Mach1?

Nothing unless Tony's going to rename the Mach 1 the H3:P

I love the way the Mach 1 looks and can't wait until I can fly one. But until then I'll stick with the Eagle or Spitfire or whatever it is that Tony sent me. ;)
Blue SkiesBlack DeathFacebook
www.PLabsInc.com
www.SkydiveDeLand.com
www.FlyteSkool.ws

I also found a way {I think} to stop the leg wing flapping when flying "dirty"
it's such a big wing and the fall rate was so fast on two jumps last weekend it drove me nuts, I was trying lots of different leg positions to stop the flapping, nothing worked till I dropped my knees down below my belly, I found this to be a nice position to "match" the fall rate and the forward speed of the base

I also found a way {I think} to stop the leg wing flapping when flying "dirty"
it's such a big wing and the fall rate was so fast on two jumps last weekend it drove me nuts, I was trying lots of different leg positions to stop the flapping, nothing worked till I dropped my knees down below my belly, I found this to be a nice position to "match" the fall rate and the forward speed of the base

I have done quite a few flocking and student dives now in the suit and also a lot of solo max flying dives. when you fly with smaller suits or faster decent rates you can almost only use your arm wings to keep up, flying dirty or inefficiently does let the big tail flap but that’s the price you pay for not tensioning the tail and flying slow, this suit is made to FLY - give and take is the way i see it - i use my arm wings more and tension the legs side ways and point my toes inward, that keeps the tail in idle. On max flying or flying in 'faster' flocks in the 50s range (what this suits loves) the tail behaves because its being used efficiently or the way it should. When i max fly below 45mph i lock my knees, have my legs as wide apart as the suit allows and i point my toes outwards - that gives me the best wing profile obviously there is zero flutter then.;););)

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~